PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] How to complete a pokedex.

DrewWithDreams
05-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Long story short, I was never allowed to play pokemon, and I'm now of age to make my own decisions. I've never really looked into pokemon until late. I've probably spent 4-5 hours trying to find an answer to the "what necessary games do I need that contain the pokemon needed to complete a dex", outside of the event pokemon, of course? I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I can't find a definite answer online.

I've recently started watching the old cartoons as well and I'm hooked. And I've been playing Ruby all week on my advance. It's an awesome world I'm glad I decided to check out.

Thanks for your help!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-21-2013, 01:06 AM
Hi! You were deprived of a great series... Great to hear you're catching up from old times! To answer your question, I'd get one game from each generation and start there. Pokemon Ruby is 3rd gen, for 4th gen it would be Diamond, Pearl or Platinum (or HG and SS), and for 5th it's Black, Black 2, White, or White 2. With those games you get pretty much everything, but you'll need to a tiny bit of trading online to get certain Pokemon (such as starters, since you only get one).

DrewWithDreams
05-21-2013, 04:41 AM
Awesome,

Thanks for all of your help! And yeah, was I deprived. I have about ten hours in Ruby so far...and I watched the first episode and I was just mind blown. I honestly didn't even know pika's origin. Or how Ash had gotten him, but it's cool how they didn't get along at first. But throughout the first few they become closer.

Yeah, I grabbed B2/W2 today and pre-ordered x/y, so once my 3dsxl comes in the mail tomorrow, I'm going to tear them up.

Sniv
05-25-2013, 04:44 PM
I hear you I started playing when I was 18, two years ago, and now Im hooked. Manyly cause I could not play when I was little. Its a blast. If you need any pokemon in 5th gen let me know Ill help.

ShadowPhoenix
06-02-2013, 01:47 PM
If you need starters, I can provide for them. Not asking for anything in particular in return for them. All you need is a ditto and one of each starter. Then of course the daycare center. For you, just stick with getting the ditto and PM (private message) me for the ones you need.

Kiniisalla
08-29-2013, 05:26 AM
I know your pain. I didn't get to start playing till I started college, and that was with SoulSilver. And the rest is history. But if you need any help, just let me know. I'm close to completing my dex now.

Nature
08-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Well if you ever get 5th gen I have a bunch of event pokemon that I can trade to you, then you can trade them back dex thing :)

kakari
09-01-2013, 09:59 PM
would you like some help on your pokedex :) i have tons of pokemon i dont want anymore
and id happily give them to you for free if you have black/white or any of the newer games

IBuKun
09-23-2013, 11:56 PM
I know what you mean by the anime.. just started watching and its so awesome. Wondering why I was dumb enough to think I wouldn't enjoy it :)