PDA

View Full Version : may leave

Pikachu2000
05-24-2013, 08:56 PM
hey guys as most of those who know me will know ive not been on but i think my pokemon adventuring times r over but i may not leave but the reason why i may leave is im now a highschool person and pokemon has basically ruiened my image so i don really know but those who know me will get the news first And damian Haii

The Kiwi Dragon
05-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Dude just stay. All people will have the thing of Pokemon ruining their 'image'. You just gotta keep going! :) I had it ruin my 'image' but through revealing I was a Pokemon trainer, I made new friends and still do to this day. I met a guy yesterday at my school playing Pokemon LeafGreen. And this is a Year 9 (Newbie in highschool.) My friend Mark (SharkMark2000 on PokeBay) takes his DS to school and plays Pokemon. Through that he's made more friends who I've met too. It's once you've made yourself open to criticism that some people decide to accept you for who you are as you've opened yourself up. Kinda like a butterfly coming out of the cocoon. :) Even famous people like TamashiiHiroka have been criticised for playing Pokemon. One of my school friends knows I play Pokemon and openly calls Pokemon 'gay'. My entire family aside from my cousin believe Pokemon is for kids only. But it's through Pokemon I've made friends here on PokeBay and IRL. I met my best friend through Pokemon and I met my GF through the fact her Ex-BF who is my friend plays Pokemon. Now I'm feeling like I should've opened up about Pokemon sooner, because of the masses of friends I have made here, the mountain of friends I've made IRL and my best friend and my GF. I had none of these admittedly when I was your age. Now I'm 15 going on 16 and life is pretty sweet. You just gotta hang in there and soon maybe you'll find friends who want to constantly battle and trade with you or just talk about Pokemon and maybe like me you'll find someone who loves you for who you are no matter what. :D
Who knew that such an awesome video game could impact people's lives in such a way that they all come together. But then again that's the ideology behind Pokemon! :cool:

GaryEhffinJoaker
05-24-2013, 11:53 PM
If they alreayd know you play Pokemon and don't like it, your "image" isn't gonna be rebuilt by not playing anymore. It's there and you're now stuck with it for the rest of school. It's as simple as keeping Pokemon at home. I have a job and know I can't acknowledge playing Pokemon there. So I keep it all at home and that's all there is to it. Everybody has likes and dislikes and we all will make jokes on someone doing something we are opposed to whether it's malicious or just for fun. It's pretty much human nature. It's not avoidable, though not everyone is like that. Conforming to your surroundings and denying yourself is just ridiculous though. :/

Pikachu2000
05-25-2013, 06:12 PM
well i have another problem as i wont be getting a 3ds so i cant get X and Y so i think Black and white 2 will be my last games so i dunno wat to do