PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me?

The Kiwi Dragon
05-26-2013, 02:19 AM
Hi readers, recently a few people have said they're starting Pokémon Fan games, which I thought was so fantastic that I'd play around with some of the tools to make a fan game. So I downloaded a ROM of Pokémon Emerald, a Visual Boy Advance, an Advanced Starter (which allows you to edit the Starter Pokémon you can choose from, what level they will be and what item they could hold), an Advanced Map (which allows you to edit the towns, cities and routes in the games to however you choose. It also allows you to decide what sprites go where and the wild Pokémon you can catch in the area), and an Advanced Text (Which allows you to change the text of what a character says in the game, trainer tips, signposts etc.) And so I started fooling around with the stuff and it made me think 'Maybe this isn't as hard as it sounds' and so I've had lots of fun trying the stuff out. However I've come to a bit of a pause as the Advanced Text doesn't want to work. It comes up with an error message saying something like 'Comdlg32.ocx' is missing, or invalid.' Meaning my fun has come to a bit of an annoyed point. But I know hopefully one of you guys may be able to help me out. And before anyone asks I'm not intending on releasing the ROM unless I do an actual good job. If you want to see good craftsmanship in a ROM I'd highly recommend waiting for the release of Pokémon Shining Waters and Hazing Flames created by PokeBay's very own Papayaperson and reshilegend. And from what I've seen they're doing a spectacular job so go check out their work so far if you want a ROM made by PokeBay members. However if anyone here can help this ROM noob out, I'd appreciate it greatly. :) Thanks.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Hehe I started a trend :) Thanks for thiss :D

I believe I told you that you needed to download Comdlg32.ocx for the program to work, but aside from that, I may be able to assist with teaching you. I think it's important for you to download PKSV-UI. It's an absolutely amazingly simple scripting program, and scripting is extremely important in creating any hack, even if you don't intend to change much. With it, you also don't need anything else aside from AdvanceMap (at this point, anyways). If you PM/VM me, I'll definitely be able to help you learn this stuff.

Since I really enjoy it I can also design some graphics for you if you'd like ;D