PDA

View Full Version : Please stop obsessing.

Caseryn
05-29-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm kind of getting tired of all of this trying to find out every minor detail before the game. I mean, what's the point? Wouldn't it be awesome if we got like, NOTHING before the game, and think of all the fun we'd have:

- Finding out Slyveon's type
- Finding Mewtwo's new form
- Finding out you can ride on Gogoats..

Now, I'm not hating on 6th gen, I love all generations of Pokémon. I just think that they're giving us nothing to find out in the game anymore...

I mean, I go on Pokémon memes, and its flooded with gen 6 spoilers and observations.

I just think that well.. It gives us nothing to discover, y'know?

And please, don't hate on this thread.

The Kiwi Dragon
05-29-2013, 12:03 PM
We can't exactly have nothing shown before we buy it as it could turn out to be horrible. It's going to have tons of speculation because of what this game is not just because it's a Pokemon Game, but it's 3D. :) So hype is natural. And trust me if Game Freak is showing us this much it's either deliberately so that we either think 'What else is there?' or 'Is this it?'. Really meaning we're probably getting the little bitty details at the moment

blaziking
05-29-2013, 01:14 PM
If we didn't know some details about the game what would there be to talk about? I think there will still be plenty new stuff in the game!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
05-30-2013, 02:02 AM
I feel like this are teasers to get us pumped for the game, but tbh, we probably know very little compared what we'll find out in-game. In Black/White we didn't know about the DW, many new Pokemon, etc. until the Japanese release, when we realized how much there reallly was to take in, including the shaking grass.

Fact is, when we get the game, there'll be more than one city with one rideable pokemon and the few new Pokemon announced with a new unannounced professor and story. In the end, these are all just teasers. Like you said, we'll just have to find out Sylveon's type (*cough cough steel*) and how to get Mewtwo's new form. They aren't telling us everything before we get it, just some teasers.

charger774
05-30-2013, 02:59 AM
I get where your coming from, that's a great thing to contemplate because if we don't know anything about it you might end up with this completely sick pokemon or a sucky one without even knowing it because its all new to you. Nice thread ;)

DejaVu146
05-30-2013, 04:25 AM
True, but teasers are great marketing techniques. It pumps people up for the game and will push sales when it is released. So people who were torn on getting the new game are swayed into buying it. There could be a potential new type, new forms, and now...riding on Pokemon instead of bikes.

The new Mewtwo form is also a way to bring in old players as well who took a hiatus from the games. You remember the most powerful Pokemon..and now it has a new form.

While it seems like a lot is being revealed, it's to keep and bring back players and push marketing. Because at the end of the day, sales and money is what is keeping the franchise alive and healthy, so the more people you pump up, the better...no matter how much you reveal.

shinyvaporeon
06-15-2013, 10:10 AM
i think that x and y willbe good

Sniv
06-17-2013, 06:41 PM
I hear you. I knew nothing about 5gen(Or and Gen) when I played it and I love seeing every new pokemon out in the wild. I would love to have that again, but the only way to do that Is to stay off every pokemon site.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-18-2013, 12:07 AM
I hear you. I knew nothing about 5gen(Or and Gen) when I played it and I love seeing every new pokemon out in the wild. I would love to have that again, but the only way to do that Is to stay off every pokemon site.

I know what you mean, but for me it's like a spoiler that you really don't want to hear, but when it's that tempting you just take it in... And in the end it doesn't ruin it as much as we thought it would. I enjoyed that feeling in first gen but I think I'm more comfortable now knowing ahead of time..