PDA

View Full Version : Why so much hate? (Fairy type)

Caseryn
06-11-2013, 08:05 PM
I was on Serebii. And I found THIS:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?609611-Angry-about-fairy-type!!!

And frankly, I was disgusted at the amount of posts there were about how 'Girly' the fairy type was.

So, discussion points!
(Please write the name of the discussion topic at the start of your post)
Why do you think it's girly? (If you do.)
Why do you think it'll ruin your team? (If you do.)
Do you think it is girly?
Opinions on it against dragon?
What is your portrayal of 'Girly'?

And yes, I'm prepared for hate!

Will add more topics later. ~

samueln
06-11-2013, 08:17 PM
that is so cool marill AND OST LIKELY AAZUMARILL WILL dragon type yes finally no more ice punch for me
and wait u guys r jobless ,hatin when the thing hasnt come out yet wow
that a new low 4 all poke fans hatin it aint right

Mega Klefki
06-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Haters.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-11-2013, 08:46 PM
It's a good idea. For the haters, consider this:

Fairies aren't girly. They are mythological creatures just like Dragons, and guess what, Dratini looks pretty feminine to me. Also, they aren't limited to Tinker Bell and other stupid Disney perceptions. Some dwarves are considered fairies, and Slenderman is a fairy. Just putting it out there.

It won't ruin your team. If anything, it'll stop the annoying people that decide it's a "good" strategy to spam Outrage. Dragons need another check move them from their dominant spot, and this also Gives Poison and Steel some use, since it will be weak to both.

It also makes sense for it to be good against Dragon. After all, thinking in terms of a real myth, if they were to battle a Fairy would be too elusive and have too much magical power for the Dragon to even do anything. It's about logic. Like why is Ice good against Steel? If you threw a chunk of Steel at a chuck of Ice, guess who's breaking.

Now, I think there could've been better ideas than "Fairy", but it was a good and original idea nonetheless.

Caseryn
06-11-2013, 08:54 PM
For me, fairy is my new favourite type.

It isn't 'Girly' or 'Feminine' in any way, and I completely agree with the statement on how dragons and fairies are mythical creatures. Basically the same as each other.

Feminine isn't pink, and sparkly. In fact, I'm not even sure myself to what feminine is. One thing though, it definitely isn't fairy types.

For the competitive battlers, it keeps you on your toes. Changing your team, to fit new strategies, moves, etc.

Dragon now has three weaknesses. That doesn't make them 'Useless' now, or whatever, I mean, if you're going to fight dragons, just don't use fairy types. Simple as that.

Mega Klefki
06-11-2013, 09:03 PM
For me, fairy is my new favourite type.
Feminine isn't pink, and sparkly. In fact, I'm not even sure myself to what feminine is. One thing though, it definitely isn't fairy types.

Exactly! I mean, look at Marill. It's Blue. Not Pink.

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-11-2013, 09:11 PM
It's just pointless. All these new Fairy Types like Azumarill and Jigglypuff were just fine as try we're. I don't understand why all of a sudden, out of nowhere, they'd be anew type. Real world Evolution can be used to explain it away, with time these Pokemon grew to obtain new abilities and such, but it's just desperate and feels very unoriginal. I'm strongly against it.

Cotton Candy
06-11-2013, 09:29 PM
I will say i am a hater of this new type ^^;

blaziking
06-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm not saying that the whole type is girly but Sylveon is definitely what is considered girly or effeminate , Lots of pink, with bows and ribbons but that's not a problem, I like it and there are pokemon is almost every different style anyway.

Having a new type can only be a good thing, it adds a new dynamic, keeps older players something new to learn which keeps them interested and Knocks dragon-types down a peg... so bored playing people with 3+ dragons on their team, now if we could get a new 2x damage to fighting types everything would be peachy in my book! I would also like to see maybe dual type moves I think that could be interesting!

On another note I'm falling in love with this game more and more as new information comes out! October will be a long time coming!!

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Dual type moves come into existence and i'm probably canceling my preorder. js

blaziking
06-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Really? I think it could be cool and obviously not all the moves rebranded to be dual type but a handful in each type It would add something new to battling, maybe not this generation as we already have Fairy type to come to grips with but next time.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-11-2013, 11:16 PM
This thread really isn't to discuss dual-type moves, but it would be interesting... Pokemon have two types, so why not moves?

Also, Gary, your reasoning is kind mushy... You don't have a solid reason to say that. That's like saying Magnemite was fine before it was a Steel-Type. Even if you argue that "In second gen it was different", you know it's the same thing. If there were more Pokemon, they'd have done a retyping of more Pokemon when they added Steel. The only difference is that there's more Pokemon to retype now.

Aside from that, the point of the game is that "We're always learning new things about Pokemon", so it stands to reason that they'd discover the new type in the 6th generation

Lord Of Storms
06-11-2013, 11:19 PM
sorry but i am kind of a hater of fairys at this point to, i dont think we needed a new type to begin with...

UltraSound
06-11-2013, 11:48 PM
I really wouldn't want to be a hater, but...
This. http://www.wonderlandwigs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/great_fairy_wig.png
Against this. http://www.blogcdn.com/kids.aol.com/media/2012/06/dragonattackbysigbjornpedersen-d4sxkxg.jpeg
And super effective too? I just...don't see it. There's no logic in it anymore. I could handle the stuff-a-bike-in-a-back-pack thing but not this. 38

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-12-2013, 12:00 AM
I really wouldn't want to be a hater, but...
This. http://www.wonderlandwigs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/great_fairy_wig.png
Against this. http://www.blogcdn.com/kids.aol.com/media/2012/06/dragonattackbysigbjornpedersen-d4sxkxg.jpeg
And super effective too? I just...don't see it. There's no logic in it anymore. I could handle the stuff-a-bike-in-a-back-pack thing but not this. 38

Does nobody know the difference between a modern interpretation (IE the picture you posted) and the actual myths? In all honesty, a Dragon is not always that huge scary thing. In fact, they were, in myth, more common in smaller, more bird-like forms and weren't very threatening at all. Fairies on the other hand are very vicious creatures in myth. For example, did you know the valkyries are fairies?

Here's a valkyrie: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/290/9/d/Valkyrie_by_GENZOMAN.jpg
Here's a typical Wyvern, the more commonly told type of dragon: http://fc04.deviantart.net/images/large/indyart/fantasy/Small_Wyvern.jpg

People should learn the myths before talking down something based on what Disney has fooled you to believe.

Fairies also include the Nymphs, the Disir, and even the Elves, which are known to be violent creatures. In fact, elves made Thor's mighty hammer. They would easily defeat a dragon with their skills, and in many myths they have.

Lord Of Storms
06-12-2013, 12:14 AM
i gotta agree with ultra, theres no way a fairy could destroy dragons

Faerie
06-12-2013, 01:14 AM
*shrugs* I don't know about the whole "Faeries vs Dragons" debate... personally, I'm fond of both. But I would like to point out that this is NOT the first time they've introduced a new type in the games. Although, I admit, the last (and only) time they did was quite a few years ago.

... And what types, you may ask, did they add? Steel, and Dark. They were not a part of the original games. So why complain if they've decided to "discover" another "new type"? Other than the obvious fact that the games have been this way for years, and nobody likes to change what's worked so far...

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-12-2013, 01:35 AM
This thread really isn't to discuss dual-type moves, but it would be interesting... Pokemon have two types, so why not moves?

Also, Gary, your reasoning is kind mushy... You don't have a solid reason to say that. That's like saying Magnemite was fine before it was a Steel-Type. Even if you argue that "In second gen it was different", you know it's the same thing. If there were more Pokemon, they'd have done a retyping of more Pokemon when they added Steel. The only difference is that there's more Pokemon to retype now.

Aside from that, the point of the game is that "We're always learning new things about Pokemon", so it stands to reason that they'd discover the new type in the 6th generation

I don't see a mushy reasoning at all. It can be argued that Fari types either always existed and are now recognized, or that old Pokemon have "evolved" into this new type, but that doesn't take away that Fairy isn't required. It's taking old Pokemon we all are comfortable with and making them into something new and it simply wasn't needed and feels extremely lazy on part of gamefreak or whoever. Magnetite and the steel types were a weird addition as wel as dark, but the helped ease down the Psychic type advantage and most importantly, it was only one gen apart. We're six gens and 15 years into the game. Making gen 1 Pokemon some new type is purely trying to attract old players back, and Moreover, has an overwhelming feeling of being desperate. I'm simply saying, stop evolving old Pokemon. Stop givin formes to old Pokemon. Stop giving classic Pokemon new types. Make new types if you have to, but by continuously touching old favorites, you continue to make the canon of the series make less and less sense and ruin everything we already know. Magnetite in Gen 1 takes neutral damage from normal and dragon moves but from gen 2 forward it's not very effective. This is inexcusable and unexplained. Doing this 15 years after gen 1 with this Fairy crap is just an offense to those who have been around since Red/Blue. It throws what was always known in the garbage and personally I think it's just plain wrong. This of course is imo.

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-12-2013, 01:42 AM
Does nobody know the difference between a modern interpretation (IE the picture you posted) and the actual myths? In all honesty, a Dragon is not always that huge scary thing. In fact, they were, in myth, more common in smaller, more bird-like forms and weren't very threatening at all. Fairies on the other hand are very vicious creatures in myth. For example, did you know the valkyries are fairies?

Here's a valkyrie: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/290/9/d/Valkyrie_by_GENZOMAN.jpg
Here's a typical Wyvern, the more commonly told type of dragon: http://fc04.deviantart.net/images/large/indyart/fantasy/Small_Wyvern.jpg

People should learn the myths before talking down something based on what Disney has fooled you to believe.

Fairies also include the Nymphs, the Disir, and even the Elves, which are known to be violent creatures. In fact, elves made Thor's mighty hammer. They would easily defeat a dragon with their skills, and in many myths they have.

Well, note that while "Disney" is feeding us these supposed false images of Dragons, according to you anyway... Gamefreak has been doing the exact same thing with most of the Dragon types. They are almost al entirely vicious, mean, powerful creatures and known once as indestructible in gen 1 according to Lance. And also, please more that Marill, Gardevoir, Sylveon, look nothing like the "Fairy" you so kindly linked to. So, if anyone is "mistakenly" thinking Fairy's are little sweet creatures and Dragons are rampant beats, there's no one to blame but Gamefreak. They've shown is crazed Dragons since Gen 1. Obviously we would think they're a lot tougher than that little dough eyed Sylveon. Seriously. Jigglypuff suddenly is a better type than Hydreigon. It's really offensive to anyone with much sense. It's like the cliche in movies and TV shows that the underdog can miraculously overcome the overwhelming evil opponent. It's like they jumped the shark with this new type :/

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Well, note that while "Disney" is feeding us these supposed false images of Dragons, according to you anyway... Gamefreak has been doing the exact same thing with most of the Dragon types. They are almost al entirely vicious, mean, powerful creatures and known once as indestructible in gen 1 according to Lance. And also, please more that Marill, Gardevoir, Sylveon, look nothing like the "Fairy" you so kindly linked to. So, if anyone is "mistakenly" thinking Fairy's are little sweet creatures and Dragons are rampant beats, there's no one to blame but Gamefreak. They've shown is crazed Dragons since Gen 1. Obviously we would think they're a lot tougher than that little dough eyed Sylveon. Seriously. Jigglypuff suddenly is a better type than Hydreigon. It's really offensive to anyone with much sense. It's like the cliche in movies and TV shows that the underdog can miraculously overcome the overwhelming evil opponent. It's like they jumped the shark with this new type :/

They also don't show dragons as small at all, like they really are portrayed in the original myths. Meanwhile, you do still get that Dragon that is absolutely terrible, even if it looks frightening. The same goes for Fairies. The fairies appeared generally harmless, but they are vile, nasty creatures. Aside from all that, I see the logic, but then again, how can a little Snorunt be powerful to a Hydreigon? We don't know, it just is. Obviously not stat-wise, but type-wise, it is, and that's what's being argued. Why would Ice be good against Dragon? I feel like Ice is easily destroyed by a Dragon's wrath, is it not? The point is that in the long run, that Dragon gets frozen in the Ice and dies. Same goes for Fairies. In the long run, the fairies win the war against the Dragons.

And in all honestly, there are logics in Pokemon that make no sense all over the place! Why can't a Fighting-type just beat up a wimpy little bird? Why does Steel destroy Rock? Why does Bug defeat Dark? That Bug would get lost in the Dark! In the end, it's Pokemon. Just forget your real-world logic.

The Kiwi Dragon
06-12-2013, 01:59 AM
It's just pointless. All these new Fairy Types like Azumarill and Jigglypuff were just fine as try we're. I don't understand why all of a sudden, out of nowhere, they'd be anew type. Real world Evolution can be used to explain it away, with time these Pokemon grew to obtain new abilities and such, but it's just desperate and feels very unoriginal. I'm strongly against it.

This. 110% this.

The Kiwi Dragon
06-12-2013, 02:01 AM
that is so cool marill AND OST LIKELY AAZUMARILL WILL dragon type yes finally no more ice punch for me
and wait u guys r jobless ,hatin when the thing hasnt come out yet wow
that a new low 4 all poke fans hatin it aint right

Please would you care to elaborate what being jobless has anything to do with the topic?

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-12-2013, 02:22 AM
They also don't show dragons as small at all, like they really are portrayed in the original myths. Meanwhile, you do still get that Dragon that is absolutely terrible, even if it looks frightening. The same goes for Fairies. The fairies appeared generally harmless, but they are vile, nasty creatures. Aside from all that, I see the logic, but then again, how can a little Snorunt be powerful to a Hydreigon? We don't know, it just is. Obviously not stat-wise, but type-wise, it is, and that's what's being argued. Why would Ice be good against Dragon? I feel like Ice is easily destroyed by a Dragon's wrath, is it not? The point is that in the long run, that Dragon gets frozen in the Ice and dies. Same goes for Fairies. In the long run, the fairies win the war against the Dragons.

And in all honestly, there are logics in Pokemon that make no sense all over the place! Why can't a Fighting-type just beat up a wimpy little bird? Why does Steel destroy Rock? Why does Bug defeat Dark? That Bug would get lost in the Dark! In the end, it's Pokemon. Just forget your real-world logic.

True. Except Steel is stronger than Rock so that makes a good deal of sense...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-12-2013, 02:28 AM
True. Except Steel is stronger than Rock so that makes a good deal of sense...

Lol aside from that, you see the point. It may make sense to us, but in the Pokemon world, it happens

Mega Klefki
06-12-2013, 04:50 AM
Why don't you guys just give it a chance? It's going to happen, anyway. There's nothing you can change from it. FAIRIES BEATS DRAGONS. YAY!

The Kiwi Dragon
06-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Why don't you guys just give it a chance? It's going to happen, anyway. There's nothing you can change from it. FAIRIES BEATS DRAGONS. YAY!

Because I along with a few others know that Fairy is not only absolutely pointless but neither does it appeal to me and a few of my friends. How you find the prospect of this atrocious 18th (and thoroughly unnecessary) type to be able to beat Dragons as exciting is beyond me. They've now decided after 17 years that one of the most powerful types (and my personal favourite) in Pokémon has to be turned into a hypothetical punch-bag. The balance of types was perfect IMO. Dark and Steel evened it out perfectly in Gen 2. Now we're going to have more headaches because we accidentally use Hydreigon against Gardevoir only for it to be taken out by a Fairy move. We've had the same consistency in types for almost a decade and a half. And now it's gone and got screwed up like it was back in Gen 1.

NightmareRageMonster
06-12-2013, 12:21 PM
UM,DRAGON TYPES ARE BASICALLY THE STRONGEST TYPE THERE IS,ITS EVEN STRONG AGAINST ITSELF,THERE IS NO WAY A SMALL LITTLE FAIRY CAN BEAT A GIGANTIC,FIRE BREATHING REPTILE!!!!!! and no,i do not think it is "girly"

Fennelito'sHelp
06-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Fairy... Yeah... I mean, I think the issue with this new type for some is that it's just warping everything known for so long. Making Pokemon known for over a decade as one type and making it a new one is just very upsetting to me. I don't mind Fairy type... I guess... But the fact they said they made it to give "balance" against Dragon types, who were never invincible in the first place, is really what upset me the most. They literally are just admitting, in my eyes, that the Fairy type is like some kind of filler type. It's a slap in the face for the years of dedication. I can't imagine any redeeming qualities the Fairy type could have. It being a fill in type is enough to just leave me disappointed in GameFreak.

NightmareRageMonster
06-12-2013, 12:29 PM
not to mention,if fairy WAS able to beat dragon,then that means ice can beat fairy,so,it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever,and they even invented a DRAGON AND ICE TYPE FOR HEAVENS SAKE!!!so why would a dragon be weak against fairy,because in my opinion,i think fairy will be strong against either dark,ghost,pshycic,or light.that ACCUALLY makes sense there.

NightmareRageMonster
06-12-2013, 12:32 PM
dragons have literally been around ever since gen.1,and there are thousands of dragon type legends to go with it! hell,even arceus became a dragon type!

Faerie
06-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Yeah, they combined dragon/ice types with Kyurem. But they also combined other opposing types, with rock/flying (Aerodactyl), water/rock (Corsola), water/plant (Lotad), psychic/fighting (Medetite), electric/flying (Emolga)... Although I do rather shudder at the thought of them possibly making a faerie/dragon one day.

reshilegend
06-12-2013, 01:20 PM
There is the egg group fairy (marill is just an example) which existed for a while now, so it makes perfect sense to retype some pokemon of this group to fairy, js.
Of course the whole "fairy vs dragon" thing looks weird at first view, but it makes sense if you think about the mythical aspect of it.
Also, dragon pokemon were undoubtly OP with only one type resisting it and only 2 weaknesses (technically only one besides dragon itself), so that was the primary reason to introduce the type. Maybe they also added it because they think it would appeal to female players, who knows? I used Dragon pokemon like everyone else did but I think spamming draco meteor or outrage won't be easy to do anymore if they reveal a fast offensive fairy. If the rumors are true and fairy is weak to poison, that's an even better type balance seeing as poison is besides grass (as sad as it may sound) one of the worst types atm.
So, if the balance of types was needed, I understand GameFreak for introducing this type. It's not like they didn't have a reason for that or just wanted to see a Jigglypuff destroying a Hydreigon (which is still not really possible because these new announced fairies don't look like real powerhouses stats-wise).
Congratulations to everyone reading the complete post. :)

Lord Of Storms
06-12-2013, 07:11 PM
i think i would have been more okay with a light type rather than fairy, i also dont see a need for them to "reclassify" pokemon, i believe that their seriously out of ideas, it seems really unoriginal to me that they just need a fill in type to elaborate on pokemon, think of how much more complicated competitive battling will be now, i see how dragons would be weak to light bu tnot fairy, in my perspective fairy should stay in Magic and Yugioh, sorry for hating but i just dont know any more...

UltraSound
06-12-2013, 07:16 PM

Rather disappointed that you couldn't take my joke...this is pokemon, not some super serious business. :P Really, I just took the first pics from Google that I just found and thought would fit in my joke. Chillax. :3
And well, being from a country that once believed in derping elves and such, (+ most of these myths have been born near/right here where I live) I THINK I know a thing or two about myths, thank you very much. Tho I don't wanna start a fight, since it's non-existant things we are talking about after all.
In my language, valkyries are called with a name "haltija", which is not a fairy at all. It's more like someone who guards a tree or a rock. Someone who's a finn may disagree with me, but once again, these are non-existant things we're talking about. Shush. :P + nymphs are rather a mix of fairies and haltijas, disir are more or less depending on an opinion if they are fairies or not (IMO, they definetely are not.), and elves I wouldn't personally consider fairies either, but hey, again, pure opinion! There are really not much facts in these things.
+ about that dragon, that's a dragon's sub specie we call "traakki". It's another specie that is said to been born from dragons, but it's not a dragon. :3 That's why it's called a wyvern, not a dragon.
And as far as I've read, the dwarfs made his hammer, not elves, but I've read many stories about the hammer, and it has almost always been a different story how the hammer was made.
I'd appreciate if you didn't bash my knowledge on something when you don't know if I know something about it... 3:

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Because I along with a few others know that Fairy is not only absolutely pointless but neither does it appeal to me and a few of my friends. How you find the prospect of this atrocious 18th (and thoroughly unnecessary) type to be able to beat Dragons as exciting is beyond me. They've now decided after 17 years that one of the most powerful types (and my personal favourite) in Pokémon has to be turned into a hypothetical punch-bag. The balance of types was perfect IMO. Dark and Steel evened it out perfectly in Gen 2. Now we're going to have more headaches because we accidentally use Hydreigon against Gardevoir only for it to be taken out by a Fairy move. We've had the same consistency in types for almost a decade and a half. And now it's gone and got screwed up like it was back in Gen 1.

Well against your point, types were NOT evenly balanced at all. Poison has no uses aside from against Grass (and possibly giving use to Psychic and Ground-types), and now it will be strong against something else, which judging from the Pokemon shown so far, may not be too important, but it is still something useful. Same goes for Steel, which I'm sure will get a lot more use now.

More importantly, Dragon is being checked/countered, and now people can't just sit there spamming Outrage forever without being stopped. Fairy was basically something made to check the power of Dragon-types, and honestly, if you're worried about Hydregion being defeated by Gardevoir, the solution is simple. Do what a trainer would do, and be ready to counter it. It's honestly not complicated. If you were really dedicated to the games you'd embrace the new type and just learn to defeat it instead of complaining about how it will defeat/bother you.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Rather disappointed that you couldn't take my joke...this is pokemon, not some super serious business. :P Really, I just took the first pics from Google that I just found and thought would fit in my joke. Chillax. :3
And well, being from a country that once believed in derping elves and such, (+ most of these myths have been born near/right here where I live) I THINK I know a thing or two about myths, thank you very much. Tho I don't wanna start a fight, since it's non-existant things we are talking about after all.
In my language, valkyries are called with a name "haltija", which is not a fairy at all. It's more like someone who guards a tree or a rock. Someone who's a finn may disagree with me, but once again, these are non-existant things we're talking about. Shush. :P + nymphs are rather a mix of fairies and haltijas, disir are more or less depending on an opinion if they are fairies or not (IMO, they definetely are not.), and elves I wouldn't personally consider fairies either, but hey, again, pure opinion! There are really not much facts in these things.
+ about that dragon, that's a dragon's sub specie we call "traakki". It's another specie that is said to been born from dragons, but it's not a dragon. :3 That's why it's called a wyvern, not a dragon.
And as far as I've read, the dwarfs made his hammer, not elves, but I've read many stories about the hammer, and it has almost always been a different story how the hammer was made.
I'd appreciate if you didn't bash my knowledge on something when you don't know if I know something about it... 3:

I confused dwarves with elves for the hammer... but still. And yeah, I guess it depends on how you define a Fairy, which, as you said, has a loose description and is non-existent, so we can't factually say what is or isn't. In my opinion all those things are fairies, and it's fine if you disagree... It is all opinion in the end, so if that's your argument for it it's whatever....

I feel like in the end, it's still Pokemon we're talking about... Lol we should be throwing most of our logic out the window when discussing this xD

Mega Klefki
06-12-2013, 07:59 PM

Since your being bugged on ONE TYPE of the series, you might as well stop being a Pokémon fan. And besides, Hydreigon is Still a Dark type as well as Dragon.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Okay, I'm just gonna say this right now, because this thread is extremely unproductive as it is.

GameFreak does not a give a damn if you're unhappy with the new type or the new advantages. Guess What! They're still filling their pockets with money from the people that built a bridge and got over it! You protesting the Fairy-type does absolutely nothing besides show all us others why you really aren't committed to the game. I real fan would embrace this change, instead of complaining that Dragons are now "hypothetical punch-bags", which isn't even true, considering Dragon-type have monstrously over-powered stats and it seems like those Fairy-types they're showing aren't very big in the power department at all. Even though it's annoying, those of you who choose to spam Outrage can still do so! It's no big deal!

In the end, there was a point to it anyways. Dragon's need a check/counter/balance/etc. so they can stop dominating the game! And now, Posion and Steel-types will have some purpose! If you really cared about the game, you'd stop complaining and get a Steel or Poison-type and counter those Fairies if you hate them so much!

Lord Of Storms
06-13-2013, 12:09 AM
yeah but theres a difference between a dark dragon and a fairy, im okay with double types but fairy dragon is different, but with all of this aside i must agreee with papaya seeing as GameFreak doesnt care one way or another that a small group of kids are unhappy with their ideas, their so rich they could careless, everyones going to have a different view and different feelings depending on your nature or your own feeling of being a hardcore fan, personally im not a huge fan of this new type or the game in general but were all going to have to deal with it one way or another, it just depends whether or not your canceling your order, but you can decide that on your own, thank you and good day :P srry for rambling ....

Faerie
06-13-2013, 02:59 AM
*blinks*
I was never of the opinion that this was here to let Gamefreak know whether or not we approved of this decision. I was given to understand that this topic was here so we could share our opinions on the matter with each other. Yes, some of us are rather vocal about their disliking of the new type, while others are willing to give it a try. That does not make anyone here right or wrong, though... we're just here to share our opinions, not point fingers at each other. If you don't like the change... that doesn't mean that those who do are stupid. If you do approve of the new type, that doesn't mean that those who don't are stupid, either.

...,And for the life of me, I can't recall whether anyone on here actually said that someone else was stupid. I don't think anyone did, though, and I'm certainly not accusing a single person here of saying it. So please don't go off on me, as if I accused you of saying something that you didn't. I'm simply trying to remind everyone that we're all different, with different likes, dislikes, and opinions. I would also like to point out that Pokemon is supposed to be fun. Sitting here fighting about it solves nothing, and spoils the fun.

With that said, I'm perfectly willing to say that I'll give the new games I try. With each and every generation of Pokemon, there's been things that I didn't like (such as how rediculous they make the female character look, or Woobat, or Bidoof, or...), but it hasn't stopped me yet. Let them add the new type. I'll try it, and then decide whether or not I like it.

... Oh, and as for my opinions voiced above, mentioning a couple of certain Pokemon? That's just my opinion. If you'd like to discuss it with me, feel free to send me a message. Let's try to keep this topic open for what it was meant for. ^_^

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-13-2013, 03:20 AM

Wow. I got my education tonight. Nice...

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-13-2013, 03:25 AM
Well against your point, types were NOT evenly balanced at all. Poison has no uses aside from against Grass (and possibly giving use to Psychic and Ground-types), and now it will be strong against something else, which judging from the Pokemon shown so far, may not be too important, but it is still something useful. Same goes for Steel, which I'm sure will get a lot more use now.

More importantly, Dragon is being checked/countered, and now people can't just sit there spamming Outrage forever without being stopped. Fairy was basically something made to check the power of Dragon-types, and honestly, if you're worried about Hydregion being defeated by Gardevoir, the solution is simple. Do what a trainer would do, and be ready to counter it. It's honestly not complicated. If you were really dedicated to the games you'd embrace the new type and just learn to defeat it instead of complaining about how it will defeat/bother you.

I think the truly dedicated have reason to stick with the franchise and learn to deal with this new Fairy type and work alongside it. I also think those dedicated and who love the franchise have every right to be utterly abhorred and offended by this new type. Dragons never have been invincible. In fact, them being so resistant to so many types and being naturally powerful Pokemon, has always been a part of the history of Dragon types. Since Gen 1, they were MEANT to be a nuisance and require thick skin to handle and defeat. That's what Lance taught many of us, including me, back in Red version. They're meant to be the big bad type. That's they're purpose. Not to be out in check. There's so much reason this Fairy type is an offense to the legacy and 15+ year history of Pokemon and a disrespect to the honorary Dragon type. It's not about Nintendo lining their pockets. It's not about them making money despite complaints. As an actual fan of the franchise, my complaint comes from a much deeper place. Because, believe it or not, I don't like the Fairy type at all, but I am a fan of the franchise and no one will ever tell me otherwise just because I have an opinion against something GameFreak or Nintendo or whoever, is doing.

Fennelito'sHelp
06-13-2013, 03:35 AM
*blinks*
I was never of the opinion that this was here to let Gamefreak know whether or not we approved of this decision. I was given to understand that this topic was here so we could share our opinions on the matter with each other. Yes, some of us are rather vocal about their disliking of the new type, while others are willing to give it a try. That does not make anyone here right or wrong, though... we're just here to share our opinions, not point fingers at each other. If you don't like the change... that doesn't mean that those who do are stupid. If you do approve of the new type, that doesn't mean that those who don't are stupid, either.

...,And for the life of me, I can't recall whether anyone on here actually said that someone else was stupid. I don't think anyone did, though, and I'm certainly not accusing a single person here of saying it. So please don't go off on me, as if I accused you of saying something that you didn't. I'm simply trying to remind everyone that we're all different, with different likes, dislikes, and opinions. I would also like to point out that Pokemon is supposed to be fun. Sitting here fighting about it solves nothing, and spoils the fun.

With that said, I'm perfectly willing to say that I'll give the new games I try. With each and every generation of Pokemon, there's been things that I didn't like (such as how rediculous they make the female character look, or Woobat, or Bidoof, or...), but it hasn't stopped me yet. Let them add the new type. I'll try it, and then decide whether or not I like it.

... Oh, and as for my opinions voiced above, mentioning a couple of certain Pokemon? That's just my opinion. If you'd like to discuss it with me, feel free to send me a message. Let's try to keep this topic open for what it was meant for. ^_^

Agreed. Downing others for not liking, or liking a new feature, is whack. Deciding you don't like something and won't buy it doesn't make you more of a fan than the others who like the new features and will buy it. How about considering that if you're gonna just buy whatever Nintendo puts out without hesitation, you're just a tool who will consume anything no matter how stupid it is? See how being "dedicated" just got flipped around? Doesn't feel good, does it? Please don't try to hurt those who don't just eat up everything and anything Pokemon. Allow opinion and respect it.

*disclaimer: I called no one dumb or a tool or anything bad. If you think I did, Reread what I typed, slowly, and maybe with an actual adult. Ty*

Baby Koga
06-13-2013, 10:11 AM
DUN! Du-Dun! It's gettin' hot in here!

>.>

<.<

So yeah, a slight controversy in the new fairy type :p. I'm actually really excited about the knew type. Maybe it's just another gimmick by Nintendo to attract new players or maybe they've ran out of ideas, but I like the idea of something new. Also, being a non metagame player, I'm really excited about the game in general.

I can kinda see why people are furious at this, but for now we hardly know anything about the fairy type other than that fairy attacks are super effective against dragons. Maybe this has major implications for both the game and the anime. No one knows!

Anyways, they're my thoughts.

Smell ya laters! ;)

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Same, I can see why they might be mad at this... but like you said, we know very little about this new type. The fact that people are already hating on it is just ridiculous. I admit the idea of a Fairy-type is kind of stupid, but I accept it and I'll probably have a Fairy-type on my team (I love Gardevoir!). There's really no knowing how the Fairy-type will turnout in the game. Maybe they'll be weak to a lot of types, making them easily counterable (for those of you complaining about Dragon's being vulnerable :P) or maybe they'll have basically no use other than Dragon. On the contrary, maybe they'll become a powerful type that resists a lot and may just become as OverPowered as Dragons, in which case I still don't see why there would be hating. And just like legacies grow in real life, the Pokemon legacy will continue to grow. Remember, one of the main points emphasized by the game is that we're always learning more about Pokemon. The fact that we now know more about them (by discovering a new type) is just them continuing the legacy they started.

Now, there's a difference between "I think I will dislike this type" and "This type is absolutely unnecessary and appalling!" One is expressing an opinion, one is just putting down the new Pokemon Type completely. Complaining that Dragons aren't dominant anymore? Really? Dragons still have monstrous stats, not to mention that the Pokemon revealed to have this type are pretty lacking in power. So stop complaining. They're still beasts and if you're going to be that annoying person that lines up 3 dragons on their team, then fine. That can still happen. There's no reason it can't! Honestly, there's no reason to complain. If you don't accept it, just don't accept it. There is absolutely no reason to complain. Even if it bothers you, guess what! Just don't buy the game! I just solved your problems!

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Same, I can see why they might be mad at this... but like you said, we know very little about this new type. The fact that people are already hating on it is just ridiculous. I admit the idea of a Fairy-type is kind of stupid, but I accept it and I'll probably have a Fairy-type on my team (I love Gardevoir!). There's really no knowing how the Fairy-type will turnout in the game. Maybe they'll be weak to a lot of types, making them easily counterable (for those of you complaining about Dragon's being vulnerable :P) or maybe they'll have basically no use other than Dragon. On the contrary, maybe they'll become a powerful type that resists a lot and may just become as OverPowered as Dragons, in which case I still don't see why there would be hating. And just like legacies grow in real life, the Pokemon legacy will continue to grow. Remember, one of the main points emphasized by the game is that we're always learning more about Pokemon. The fact that we now know more about them (by discovering a new type) is just them continuing the legacy they started.

Now, there's a difference between "I think I will dislike this type" and "This type is absolutely unnecessary and appalling!" One is expressing an opinion, one is just putting down the new Pokemon Type completely. Complaining that Dragons aren't dominant anymore? Really? Dragons still have monstrous stats, not to mention that the Pokemon revealed to have this type are pretty lacking in power. So stop complaining. They're still beasts and if you're going to be that annoying person that lines up 3 dragons on their team, then fine. That can still happen. There's no reason it can't! Honestly, there's no reason to complain. If you don't accept it, just don't accept it. There is absolutely no reason to complain. Even if it bothers you, guess what! Just don't buy the game! I just solved your problems!

I'm actually Not buying the games. My reason has absolutely nothing to do with the Fairy types. I was gonna buy it even after hearing about them. Nonetheless, I don't like the type. It has nothing to do with them being OP, weak as dirt, Dragon killers, or anything like that. I'm not "hating" on them, either. I don't like Fighting types. I don't like Grass types. I don't like Electric too much either. I also don't like Fairy. Nothing to do with their stats, and nothing to do with how important or unimportant they will be in the game. I saw a few. I saw they'd be added onto old Pokemon. And my decision was I don't like them. The word "opinion" comes to mind. Not "ridiculous." Not buying the games doesn't solve the problem. I still don't like them.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-13-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm actually Not buying the games. My reason has absolutely nothing to do with the Fairy types. I was gonna buy it even after hearing about them. Nonetheless, I don't like the type. It has nothing to do with them being OP, weak as dirt, Dragon killers, or anything like that. I'm not "hating" on them, either. I don't like Fighting types. I don't like Grass types. I don't like Electric too much either. I also don't like Fairy. Nothing to do with their stats, and nothing to do with how important or unimportant they will be in the game. I saw a few. I saw they'd be added onto old Pokemon. And my decision was I don't like them. The word "opinion" comes to mind. Not "ridiculous." Not buying the games doesn't solve the problem. I still don't like them.

All you know about Fairy-type is that it's weak to Poison and Steel and strong to Dragon. That's it. You have reason to dislike Fighting, Electric and Grass, since you actually know all about them. The fact that you are absolutely trashing Fairy (even if you don't think you are, that's what it seems like) without knowing more than half the details of it is ridiculous. If the game comes out and you still don't like it, it is what it is, but don't trash it until you actually know about it. And I'm not saying you are being ridiculous, I'm saying the harsh opinion is ridiculous, because you still don't about it. Right now everyone's basically judging based on a name, a strength, weaknesses (barely), and 5 Pokemon. Honestly, that's just your opinion though. If you think you won't like it, then just don't buy the game! That solves everything for you because then you don't have to complain about the Fairy-types anymore! They don't exist in 5th gen, now do they?

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-13-2013, 09:48 PM
All you know about Fairy-type is that it's weak to Poison and Steel and strong to Dragon. That's it. You have reason to dislike Fighting, Electric and Grass, since you actually know all about them. The fact that you are absolutely trashing Fairy (even if you don't think you are, that's what it seems like) without knowing more than half the details of it is ridiculous. If the game comes out and you still don't like it, it is what it is, but don't trash it until you actually know about it. And I'm not saying you are being ridiculous, I'm saying the harsh opinion is ridiculous, because you still don't about it. Right now everyone's basically judging based on a name, a strength, weaknesses (barely), and 5 Pokemon. Honestly, that's just your opinion though. If you think you won't like it, then just don't buy the game! That solves everything for you because then you don't have to complain about the Fairy-types anymore! They don't exist in 5th gen, now do they?

I don't like why it was invented (to counter Dragons), I don't like the overall idea. I dont like well established types being reclassed. Fighting, Grass, Electric are great types, but I simply don't trust Grass and think it's dumb, Electrics are weak, and Fighting is just a waste of my time. So, aside from Electric, I have just as little reason to like Fighting and Grass as I hate Fairy. I could care less if Fairy has the best stats, the hugest move pool, and saves the entire Pokemon world from the new villians in game. It isn't about stats or why the type can and cant do. I dont care tha theyre not in Gen 5. They exist, and i have feelings about them. If you can like them without knowing anything anout them, its just as conceivable to hate them as well. not to mention i've given reasons i dislike them. Just because you don't like the reason i dont them doesnt mean i am not entitled to dislike them. I simply. Don't. Like it. It's an "O-P-I-N-I-O-N." I'm not saying you're ridiculous for openly tolerating this type and I won't criticize you for it. Kindly do the same. :/

Vivillon
06-14-2013, 06:01 AM
From rumours Fairy type is strong against Dragon, Dark and Fire and it being immune to Dragon all together. Of course we can't be so sure of this. I'm a girl and I completely love the idea of a Fairy type. I'm slightly older than your average 12 year old girl though. I will definitely be having a Sylveon on my team. This is what makes games exciting!

CammyCoolPants
06-14-2013, 10:10 AM
I have and always will bear the mark of dragon types but that doesn't mean I hate fairies in fact I think they sound cool so far and Im looking forward for the extra challenge fairy types will bring to dragons and in turn me the only thing I will be annoyed with is if they make yveltal fairy

The Kiwi Dragon
06-14-2013, 10:38 AM

Wow here comes the brutal honesty. I've already stated why I dislike the Fairy type but I'll say this. Look at JWittz's videos. The newest one will be about the E3 Q+A Session with Junichi Masuda. One person asked how fairy types would work. Masuda said 'Fairy type ony exists to counter Dragon.' I bet that at VGC Tournaments people will have complained that Dragons took then out due to being so OP. Game Freak will have taken this on board and decided that they're tired of the whiners who get defeated by Dragons. The fact stands that just adding types to counter a type with such power is just unexpected and as Juni said rather disappointing. Dragons aren't indestructible or the gods of all Pokemon I'll admit that here and now. But adding types to make a balance that may have honestly only been 45% necessary is pointless and after 14 years of having a type balance fans old and new could comprehend to understand is fair enough but now as I said it's like Gen 1. The typing is all screwed up meaning I can't just walk up to a wild Marill anymore and use like a Deino with like Dragon Rage against it because it ain't just this Water Pokemon it's Water/Fairy. Right now you could ask me any pokemon from Kanto to Unova and I could tell you every single type of theirs without hesitation. Now that knowledge we have had from Gen 2 to Gen 5 has just been flushed down the crapper to give us more of a headache.

CammyCoolPants
06-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Wow here comes the brutal honesty. I've already stated why I dislike the Fairy type but I'll say this. Look at JWittz's videos. The newest one will be about the E3 Q+A Session with Junichi Masuda. One person asked how fairy types would work. Masuda said 'Fairy type ony exists to counter Dragon.' I bet that at VGC Tournaments people will have complained that Dragons took then out due to being so OP. Game Freak will have taken this on board and decided that they're tired of the whiners who get defeated by Dragons. The fact stands that just adding types to counter a type with such power is just unexpected and as Juni said rather disappointing. Dragons aren't indestructible or the gods of all Pokemon I'll admit that here and now. But adding types to make a balance that may have honestly only been 45% necessary is pointless and after 14 years of having a type balance fans old and new could comprehend to understand is fair enough but now as I said it's like Gen 1. The typing is all screwed up meaning I can't just walk up to a wild Marill anymore and use like a Deino with like Dragon Rage against it because it ain't just this Water Pokemon it's Water/Fairy. Right now you could ask me any pokemon from Kanto to Unova and I could tell you every single type of theirs without hesitation. Now that knowledge we have had from Gen 2 to Gen 5 has just been flushed down the crapper to give us more of a headache.

I totally get your argument but I'm sure after a while we will know the new type charting just as well as we do now and if not just get the game guide that always released around the same time the game is released But I respect your and everyone's opinion to dislike the fairies just don't hate what looks like a fantastic game all because of a new type if you must hate it hate it for all that it is

Faerie
06-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Wait... Faerie types will be immune to dragons?! *shakes head, hates always being the last to know* In that case, if they ever do make a faerie/dragon, it would be capable of doing dragon-type damage to other dragons, while being immune to the same.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-14-2013, 07:56 PM

Aside from the fact that the first post I quoted has nothing to do with what I said, if Masuda himself said it was to counter Dragon-types, just admit that they're OP. Maybe the reason is disappointing, but it's their decision to add a type. And for Fairy being able to beat Dragon, remember we aren't play The Game of Logic. It's Pokemon. Ice defeats Dragon, but wouldn't a Dragon be able to smash through the Ice? Logic almost completely goes out the window with these games, so that's not a valid reason.... Like, at all. And let's not forget how Dragons aren't "Hypothetical Punch(ing)-Bags". Dragons still have monstrous stats, so if you sent a Hydregon against a Gardevoir, chances are that Gardevoir won't even get to attack! Hydreigon can OHKO it! Hell, what Dragon wouldn't OHKO it?? You clearly don't have any type of faith in the Dragon-type if you call it a punching bag now just because it has another weakness. Aside from that, Fairy is a much-needed counterpart. There is one mythological type, so there should be another one to make it symmetrical. It's just like how they added Steel in gen 2 to add to the Mineral group, so instead of just Ground and Rock, now we have Steel.

Also, there's other moves that are better for capturing Pokemon, such as False Swipe :P That and the fact that Deino isn't the only pokemon to know Dragon Rage (yes, there are non-Dragons that use Dragon Rage). Lastly, just because you're upset don't go blaming people at VGC for adding a new type. It's Nintendo's decision, and if they weren't going to do it, they wouldn't have done it, regardless of a few unhappy people.

Last thing... if you don't like the type, that's good for you. There's no reason to throw a virtual temper tantrum about why it's so terrible, just be sad and don't play the game then. You almost don't even know anything about it at all, so hate like this is just... there's not even a comment to be made towards it that can express it...

Like Cammy said, don't hate the game just because you think Dragons are now weak (I quote you: "Hypothetical Punch-Bag") and Fairies are stupid (I quote you again: "atrocious 18th (and thoroughly unnecessary) type"). And if you really liked the games, you wouldn't mind a slight headache with learning the interactions Fairy has with other types. I can also name all the types, and I can already name all the Fairy-types too for Gen 6 (that have been released)! You can cry your little river all you want, you still need to build a bridge and get over it, because this is happening no matter what you say.

Fennelito'sHelp
06-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Aside from the fact that the first post I quoted has nothing to do with what I said, if Masuda himself said it was to counter Dragon-types, just admit that they're OP. Maybe the reason is disappointing, but it's their decision to add a type. And for Fairy being able to beat Dragon, remember we aren't play The Game of Logic. It's Pokemon. Ice defeats Dragon, but wouldn't a Dragon be able to smash through the Ice? Logic almost completely goes out the window with these games, so that's not a valid reason.... Like, at all. And let's not forget how Dragons aren't "Hypothetical Punch(ing)-Bags". Dragons still have monstrous stats, so if you sent a Hydregon against a Gardevoir, chances are that Gardevoir won't even get to attack! Hydreigon can OHKO it! Hell, what Dragon wouldn't OHKO it?? You clearly don't have any type of faith in the Dragon-type if you call it a punching bag now just because it has another weakness. Aside from that, Fairy is a much-needed counterpart. There is one mythological type, so there should be another one to make it symmetrical. It's just like how they added Steel in gen 2 to add to the Mineral group, so instead of just Ground and Rock, now we have Steel.

Also, there's other moves that are better for capturing Pokemon, such as False Swipe :P That and the fact that Deino isn't the only pokemon to know Dragon Rage (yes, there are non-Dragons that use Dragon Rage). Lastly, just because you're upset don't go blaming people at VGC for adding a new type. It's Nintendo's decision, and if they weren't going to do it, they wouldn't have done it, regardless of a few unhappy people.

Last thing... if you don't like the type, that's good for you. There's no reason to throw a virtual temper tantrum about why it's so terrible, just be sad and don't play the game then. You almost don't even know anything about it at all, so hate like this is just... there's not even a comment to be made towards it that can express it...

Like Cammy said, don't hate the game just because you think Dragons are now weak (I quote you: "Hypothetical Punch-Bag") and Fairies are stupid (I quote you again: "atrocious 18th (and thoroughly unnecessary) type"). And if you really liked the games, you wouldn't mind a slight headache with learning the interactions Fairy has with other types. I can also name all the types, and I can already name all the Fairy-types too for Gen 6 (that have been released)! You can cry your little river all you want, you still need to build a bridge and get over it, because this is happening no matter what you say.

I'm gonna jump in and add that this doesn't address those whose dislike for Fairy's has nothing to do with stats, OP, or any of the other listed things. Also, you contradict yourself by saying a Dragon would smash a Gardevoir as, you say yourself, we know nothing about the stats of a Fairy. Who can say what Gardevoir's stats will look like now.
Also, telling ppl they shouldn't complain about something they don't like? Telling ppl to just be quiet and don't play the game? Now nobody is allowed to express opinions? Everyone is allowed to express themselves here, whether you, or anyone else, likes the opposing opinion or not. You know nothing of Fairy types but support them, and some ppl know nothing of Fairy types and don't support them. It's the same exact thing. :/
I've said this before, and i'll reiterate it again: Some people who are fans of Pokemon will buy this game as longtime supporters, but that doesn't make them any more of a fan than those who will not purchase this Gen due to the Fairy types. Telling others they can "cry a river" is the kind of talk that starts arguments and will end up closing this thread (not by my decision). :/ Discuss responsibly, respectably, and openly. This is a great platform to talk about ideas and feelings, not be rude to one another.

chomp-o-squirtle
06-15-2013, 05:48 AM
i guess dragon will lose its placeholder weakness such as dragon?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-15-2013, 12:05 PM
i guess dragon will lose its placeholder weakness such as dragon?

Nah I think Dragon will still be strong to Dragon... I don't think they'd change that

samueln
06-15-2013, 08:38 PM
i agree dragon type usually r the most powerful pokemon i dont think because fairy types r super effective against dragons they will be weak thats too unusual and besides its not like a garchomp or a zekrom would suddenly drop to uu or ru pls some ppl should stop overreacting

Spartan117
06-15-2013, 11:29 PM
The way I see Fairy type is love it or hate it there here. And dragon trainer's should just view it as a battle obstacle to overcome. It's just another change with the new gen game personally I will train a leprechaun if I think its good for my team.

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-16-2013, 12:50 AM
The way I see Fairy type is love it or hate it there here. And dragon trainer's should just view it as a battle obstacle to overcome. It's just another change with the new gen game personally I will train a leprechaun if I think its good for my team.

LOL Leprechaun. Funny.

Voltaradragoness
06-17-2013, 12:00 AM
I love this type and btw. I'm glad dragon has another weakness. I love dragons but come on. They are just huge cheats sometimes

Sniv
06-17-2013, 06:25 PM
I am just gald dragon will have another weekness so the type will even out better so on WIFI battle I wont see just a limited selection of pokemon. I think you should battle with the pokemon you love and not just the ones that will beat almost everything.

Mega Klefki
06-17-2013, 06:32 PM
I wish Champion Iris would be in X and Y. I would just use Fairy types and KICK HER ASS.

The Kiwi Dragon
06-17-2013, 07:49 PM
I wish Champion Iris would be in X and Y. I would just use Fairy types and KICK HER ASS.

Just use Bug types on her. :p

Mega Klefki
06-17-2013, 11:59 PM
I don't Use Bug Types... :p

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-18-2013, 12:05 AM
I don't Use Bug Types... :p

*Gasps* Bug-types are outstanding now.... They can set hazards, stall, and even sweep... very dynamic typing.

Mega Klefki
06-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Sorry, it's just I prefer to use Water, Psychic, and Fire types.. :/

GaryEhffinJoaker
06-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Sorry, it's just I prefer to use Water, Psychic, and Fire types.. :/

Psychic FTW

LinuxUser
06-21-2013, 04:54 AM
I think it's a good idea but it would have made more sense to add this earlier like in diamond/pearl. because of that I am not a hater of fairy types but I don't really like it. salamance and other dragon types are fine without another weakness

kakari
06-21-2013, 10:05 AM
I don't care if its girl pokemon isn't just a boys game
plus I just don't care

fairy types where created to make a balance because apperently dragon types are too strong
but meh dragon types are easy to beat well to me that isb

reshilegend
06-21-2013, 11:46 AM
The big thing (if the rumors turn out to be true) isn't dragon's weakness to fairy, it's more the dragon immunity/resistance of fairy types. Until 5th gen you always needed to rely on steel types or extremely bulky pokemon to take outrages/draco meteors. And if your specially defensive steel type got hit by an outrage of something like adamant CB Haxorus it's still a solid 2HKO which is pretty damn scary.
The new type will completely change competitive battles.
Also, for those who don't want fairies in competitive matches, how about a tier where all fairy pokemon and moves are banned? The only disadvantage of that would be the lack of older pokemon that will be retyped to fairy.

Kamina
06-22-2013, 09:40 PM
People are just not used to having to battle witha new type.
once they get used to it im sure the hate will die down

Also outrage will not be as powerful D: