PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] EV training can someone help explain it :(

kakari
06-21-2013, 10:18 AM
I need help I've done some EV training with my boufolant and it didn't come
out so well its level 60 odd with attack stats of 200 odd and defence of only 100 odd
I've been training it with attack bracer to 20 and then went on with macho bracer
I'll post the stats on here soon

can someone please tell me how to get greater stats in a simple way picky peas 0.0

Kamina
06-22-2013, 11:50 PM
you have to battle certain pokemon as well to raise your buffalants attack stats not just wear a bracer.

i think the article in smogon explains best
http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_ev

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Wearing a Power item boosts the EV's you get at the end of a battle. It's +4 EVs for it's corresponding stat. To raise it's attack you also need to battle Patrat and/or Lillipup on Route 1 (Assuming you have the original B/W. I wouldn't know where for B2/W2). If it's just holding the item that doesn't do anything, and just battling random Pokemon really messes it up. Like, a lot.

kakari
06-24-2013, 09:17 AM
okay I knew about the the item holding and battling patrats/lillipups
its just I have the right nature and I battle the right pokemon but it turns out bad I checked with the IV man and he ses its evs are great

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-24-2013, 02:09 PM
okay I knew about the the item holding and battling patrats/lillipups
its just I have the right nature and I battle the right pokemon but it turns out bad I checked with the IV man and he ses its evs are great

You probably still don't have enough EVs though. I'm pretty sure he says "It can't try any harder" or "It's trying as hard as it can" when it's EVs are full. The IV man checks something totally different though... It tells you it's IVs, which don't actually change.