PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] What is Pokerus?

LinuxUser
06-26-2013, 07:48 PM
so I recently found out my team was infected with pokerus(this is the second time the first was on hg). and since this is my second time I am starting to wonder what it is. I have heard the you gain double exp point but my pokemon don't seem to be gaining any more than normal.
is pokerus bad?
should I release the pokemon or keep them in my pc?
will I be banned from wifi battles?

Lord Of Storms
06-26-2013, 07:52 PM
no, no dont release them, pokerus is great, its rarer than encountering a shiny , supposedly -.-' anyway, it makes your pokemon evs better, it doubles them after a battle making them stronger, they are not banned from any tourneys or wifi at all, in all pokerus is really good, rare, and it makes your pokemon stronger, i am not an expert on this, so maybe someone else can go in greater detail for you, but these are the basics, just dont realease them and congrats, pokerus is really rare to find!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-26-2013, 08:16 PM
I remember getting Pokerus on my Ghastly (Now Gengar :D) and I was overjoyed because I got it from just battling in the wild. I then proceeded to spread to every Pokemon I possibly could.

Basically, it's a "disease" that doubles the EVs you get after a battle. It's very handy. It cuts the time it takes to EV train a Pokemon in half. It spreads to other Pokemon by being adjacent to them in your party, and it can only spread if you battle with the Pokerus Pokemon as your lead. You need to infect as many Pokemon as you can before it goes away!! Store a few infected Pokemon in your PC, because that gives you the option to spread it when you need it! After it goes away, you'll see a little sad face on the Pokemon's status screen. That means it was infected, but it went away. The effects remain the same after it's gone, it just can't be spread to other Pokemon. You do not ever earn double EXP from Pokerus, you only earn double EVs. I believe that was different in 4th gen (not totally sure on that) but Pokerus will only double EVs. And you can only be banned on wi-fi for using hacks.

LinuxUser
06-27-2013, 04:28 AM
thanks guys! i remember the first time I got pokerus, I had finally caught raiku and went to my PC to look at it. when I looked at the summary and it said pokerus and I thought what?!?!

∂ємαи∂
06-27-2013, 08:57 PM
But if you heal them from the pokemon center Nurse the pokerus goes away so use the pc pots or other means to heal pokemon with pokerus.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
06-27-2013, 09:12 PM
But if you heal them from the pokemon center Nurse the pokerus goes away so use the pc pots or other means to heal pokemon with pokerus.

No? I've healed at the Pokecenter plenty of times without my Pokerus disappearing. My Noctowl still has Pokerus.

LinuxUser
06-28-2013, 02:42 AM
i agree my pokemon still have it when i heal them

Exflar
07-31-2013, 12:44 PM
It's amazing what you can find with a simple google search. Pokerus is a condition that greatly benefits your pokemon. It will double the effort value gain for every pokemon you fight. If you don't understand EV training I'll put it in simpler terms: your pokemon gain stat points twice as fast.

When infected, a Pokémon's status screen will indicate it much as it does any other status condition. As long as the Pokémon is infected with Pokérus, it can spread the virus to the other Pokémon in the player's party. The infection may spread if the infected Pokémon is in the main party after a battle. An uninfected Pokémon must be next to a Pokémon infected with Pokérus in the main party for the virus to spread. If Pokémon that have already been infected and cured from Pokérus are in the main party and are on either side of a Pokémon currently with the disease, Pokérus will not spread after any amount of battles. Pokémon that are put into the PC will keep the status indefinitely. From Generation III onward, Eggs may catch Pokérus like any other Pokémon.

Once a Pokémon's immune system has fought off the virus, they cannot spread it further, nor can it be spread to them by other Pokémon. In Generations II and III, a dot will appear on the Pokémon's status screen to indicate that they have had the virus previously, while in Generation IV and V, it will be a small smiley face. Though the virus is gone, its positive effects will remain, most specifically the ability for that Pokémon to gain double EVs.

DarkVoid
08-09-2013, 09:40 PM
PokeRus double exp and evs earned in battle so stats are so much greater now. Once when i was a child someone came up to me and said he tried healing at the pokecenter and they said his pokemon had pokerus. I didn't beleive him cuz he once tried convincing me he dug up dinosaur bones in his backyard.

If you team a complete bore? I think you need a rare pokemon. Just go to this thread I will give you the pokemon you want, No hacks involved! http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?4997-The-rare-pokemon-service&p=45580#post45580