PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's putting its foot down

Porygon-ZZZ
07-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Apparently hackers will now have no choice but to either give up on 6th gen or play it legitly after Nintendo have announced that if you hack the game it'll automatically shut down forever... What do you guys think about this?

Voltaradragoness
07-01-2013, 04:24 PM
0.0 Dang nentendo.....

NightmareRageMonster
07-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Woahh....man.

Voltaradragoness
07-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Exactly

Kurosaki Ichigo
07-01-2013, 05:16 PM
For one I'm happy to hear it. It's about time they stopped people from hacking and this a good way to do it.

Grey Fullbuster
07-01-2013, 06:54 PM
im happy with that

The Kiwi Dragon
07-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Interesting. I'd like to know three things:

1. Did Nintendo define what kind of hackers would be shut down? As in AR hackers or DNS hackers?

2. If a person who DNS hacks and makes them as legit as possible (such as people from Smogon who I've seen to have done so) how would Nintendo actually identify them? I could understand if it was the major hacking problem in Gen 5 when someone would trade you a shiny and it was hacked (Happened to me too often. Still got the first shiny hack I was given of a Dodrio) but could they be identified elsewhere?

3. Is there an article on BNN or somewhere of the sort to accompany this? I'm curious to read more.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
07-01-2013, 06:57 PM
It's about time, really. Now we don't need to worry about facing hacks and more importantly, maybe people will stop the stupid thing about asking for level 1 legends on the GTS >.<

Dhomie
07-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Ha!!!now those idiots cant show me all there hacked shinies and leave gts negotiations....
But man.....

Nekodah
07-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I kind of doubt this is quite possible. Good hackers will still be able to cheat without getting caught, and I would like to know what you mean by Nintendo saying their game will automatically "shut-down". Can anyone provide a link to Nintendo actually providing these statements?

The Kiwi Dragon
07-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I kind of doubt this is quite possible. Good hackers will still be able to cheat without getting caught, and I would like to know what you mean by Nintendo saying their game will automatically "shut-down". Can anyone provide a link to Nintendo actually providing these statements?

I concur.

The Kiwi Dragon
07-01-2013, 08:23 PM
It is unfortunate that Amy has kinda misinformed us with this news. If you'd like to read the actual article you can here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/the_pokemon_company_lays_down_the_law_on_cheaters (Thanks to Damian for providing the link.)

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
07-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Going by the link Nick posted, this means that your save file will be corrupted if you use a hack. Basically, for those of you who've never had a corrupted save file before, it means you lose your data and have to start all over. But like Neko said, if there's a good hacker out there, he'll still be able to hack without a problem. But you need to remember that most hackers suck at it. They give you the location "---------------" and put 00000 as the TID sometimes. That's really bad. Also, I learned the mechanics of the Pokemon's PID via RNG Manipulation, and if someone makes a Shiny with max IVs and EVs, the game will recognize the corrupted PID (Because that is virtually impossible to get max IVs and Shiny with a safe PID) and will then react appropriately. What I mean to say is that you have to be an absolutely perfect hacker to accomplish this. You'd have to put so much time into hacking that you may as well just train a legit Pokemon. Very few hackers can hack "legitimately" and if they do, who cares about a perfectly legit Pokemon being there anyways? It's not like it's a WonderEye or anything ridiculous like that. Anyways, this is how Nintendo currently keeps hackers off RMU and DW, for those of you that didn't know this feature was live in 5th gen too. They also, occasionally, run a PID check at competitions to check for hacks. In fact I believe they run a legality analysis with any Shiny brought to VGC.

This rule was always sort of there, the new feature is just the corruption of the save file. It's like that law that's there but nobody really followed until it hit the news. Ie, In New Jersey you need to honk and bikers and joggers when you drive past them (seriously, look it up. I live here and it never happens) but since no one cares, no one follows it and no one gets arrested for it. Just a fine if the cop needs to fill his ticket quota, but the cops honestly don't care about that law either (it is stupid I will get made if someone honks at me while I'm running). But if someone got hit by a car because the car didn't honk, it would become a big deal and they'd take it seriously and start cracking down on it. You can figure out how that relates to the games and the rule about hacking I won't explain that I think it's straightforward enough...

LinuxUser
07-01-2013, 10:03 PM
i think its good nintendo is doing it. no more only finding hacked pokemon on the gts

Gaming Master 2000
07-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Because that is virtually impossible to get max IVs and Shiny with a safe PID

The problem here is that if it's virtually impossible it means it's technically possible to naturally occur and Nintendo won't be able to ban them or else they'll corrupt innocent save games.

I don't personally think they're actually going to corrupt save games, I think they're just stating "hacking may corrupt a save" in a slightly different way to make people think they're going to lose their data so don't risk it. Also, as previously stated, Nintendo can't tell if a Pokemon is hacked if it's hacked right.

Unfortunately for everyone (or at least everyone who doesn't like hacks), hacking will still be a common occurrence in Gen 6 and beyond.

LinuxUser
07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
I guess thats true because if that naturally happens games will randomly crash all the time and nintendo won't sell very many copys of that game

Mega Klefki
07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
I honestly don't care. I personally don't use hacks.

GaryEhffinJoaker
07-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Nintendo's been saying the same thing for years. Hack and your game info could be corrupted and blah blah blah. This is nothing but a reiteration. Anyone who hacks poorly enough will ruin their game. It's been that way since the beginning of gaming and electronic technology. Messing with your game always has and always will threaten your game's data, bit it is never a guarantee. Always has been that way, and always will. If you think anything's gonna change, you're in for a surprise, because it's not. Nintendo's just trying to instill a little fear. The hackers are laughing their butts off at Nintendo and anyone who thinks hacking will be stopped.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
07-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Well they didn't bluff with 5th gen, where now the DW and RMU ban you for using bad PIDs (hacks). If it's a Shiny you also need to have a legit TID and SID, so you kind of can't have a badly hacked Shiny at all in DW or RMU. But I see what you mean, hackers just avoid those if they're not good but they can still play if they are good hackers. With 6th gen that probably is just a warning, but we never know. They did crack down on hack eggs where a Bad Egg will ruin your game though, so maybe they aren't bluffing completely. Maybe there will be something to prevent you from receiving Pokegens from the GTS? I guess we really don't know.

reshilegend
07-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Interesting article. It's only a matter of time until people hack Gen 6 games so I'm pretty sure we'll still see hacked mons fairly often. Also they're working on implementing a Pokemon transfer so old hacked pokemon will be in XY as well (unless there's a check when transferring or something like that).
Let's see if they change the random number generator and all the hidden values. They already said they want to make IVs and EVs more accesible for the player, maybe they're making it easier so that hacking doesn't pay off anymore lol.

DigiTheTraitor
07-04-2013, 05:10 AM
i dislike hackers as much as everyone else here however sadly there is a draw back to this legality wise however, when you buy a game it also includes the rights to said game (this is why if you own a game and it is destroyed then you can legally own a rom of it without it being considered pirated by law) but this also means that you legally have the right to hack your own game and that by doing this Nintendo will be partaking in destruction of privet property. they have made threats like this in the past for instance they tried doing it with the 3DS to stop the production of homebrew apps and it got shot down, they can make it harder to hack but if they do this they will be breaking the law so you can expect this to ether be cut from production or heavily revised as this will be seen as a violation of rights by many (even if they are hackers the law still sees them as people with rights :/)

samueln
07-06-2013, 07:38 PM
i hear u [ i had hacked before :p ] i think nintendo should not take our rights away wat if one random guy in x/y has a hackmon on gts or watever its called and u recieve it and the game shuts down forever with all ur legendaries from 3 -5 i will cry for about ever this is just to harsh for anyone :(

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
07-06-2013, 09:40 PM
i dislike hackers as much as everyone else here however sadly there is a draw back to this legality wise however, when you buy a game it also includes the rights to said game (this is why if you own a game and it is destroyed then you can legally own a rom of it without it being considered pirated by law) but this also means that you legally have the right to hack your own game and that by doing this Nintendo will be partaking in destruction of privet property. they have made threats like this in the past for instance they tried doing it with the 3DS to stop the production of homebrew apps and it got shot down, they can make it harder to hack but if they do this they will be breaking the law so you can expect this to ether be cut from production or heavily revised as this will be seen as a violation of rights by many (even if they are hackers the law still sees them as people with rights :/)

I kind of see what you're saying... When you buy the game, it's your property, so why shouldn't you be allowed to hack it? Yes? The thing about Pokemon is that the games exchange data, which is unique for a video game. Name any other game where something can be sent from one game to another like this... I'm thinking they're not doing it to keep everyone from hacking, they want to prevent other people from receiving hacks via GTS, etc. I'm sure they wouldn't care about hacks if the games remained parallel to each other (meaning you could never trade). On that note, maybe this reinforcement will be something as simple as a stronger filter on the GTS to prevent hacks from going in, and other similar things. Nintendo/Game Freak hasn't said much regarding this, after all, so to go off of what I call speculation in an article is a bit silly until we've been given some details from the actual company.

GaryEhffinJoaker
07-07-2013, 01:22 AM
I kind of see what you're saying... When you buy the game, it's your property, so why shouldn't you be allowed to hack it? Yes? The thing about Pokemon is that the games exchange data, which is unique for a video game. Name any other game where something can be sent from one game to another like this... I'm thinking they're not doing it to keep everyone from hacking, they want to prevent other people from receiving hacks via GTS, etc. I'm sure they wouldn't care about hacks if the games remained parallel to each other (meaning you could never trade). On that note, maybe this reinforcement will be something as simple as a stronger filter on the GTS to prevent hacks from going in, and other similar things. Nintendo/Game Freak hasn't said much regarding this, after all, so to go off of what I call speculation in an article is a bit silly until we've been given some details from the actual company.

Problem with that is that what if the person doesn't mind a hacked Pokemon from GTS or trade and has to suffer losing data due to an event that only comes out once every two or so years and they missed on it but want that Pokemon? It does impede on the gamer's right to hack. They make the pokemon hard to obtain outside of trading and events. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't want hacks, but if they gamer wants to hack, they should be allowed to. In a perfect world, hackers would be honest about letting people know they have hacks, and this wouldn't be a problem.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
07-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Problem with that is that what if the person doesn't mind a hacked Pokemon from GTS or trade and has to suffer losing data due to an event that only comes out once every two or so years and they missed on it but want that Pokemon? It does impede on the gamer's right to hack. They make the pokemon hard to obtain outside of trading and events. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't want hacks, but if they gamer wants to hack, they should be allowed to. In a perfect world, hackers would be honest about letting people know they have hacks, and this wouldn't be a problem.

Yes, but those that do mind getting hacks from the GTS have no way of knowing, so it's not really fair that they have a chance at harming their game without it being their fault. But yes, if someone wants to hack their game, that's up to them. They can hack it all they want.. The only problem with hacking is hackers that use the GTS and other such things that can corrupt the games of those who choose not to hack, so like you said, they should be honest about hacks, but that doesn't solve the GTS problem since you can't label it as a hack in the GTS

GaryEhffinJoaker
07-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Yes, but those that do mind getting hacks from the GTS have no way of knowing, so it's not really fair that they have a chance at harming their game without it being their fault. But yes, if someone wants to hack their game, that's up to them. They can hack it all they want.. The only problem with hacking is hackers that use the GTS and other such things that can corrupt the games of those who choose not to hack, so like you said, they should be honest about hacks, but that doesn't solve the GTS problem since you can't label it as a hack in the GTS

Yeah that's what I'm saying. The hackers have the right to hack. I mean, ARs are sold in gaming stores, so realistically, it's ridiculous to punish hackers when the objects they're using to hack are available for sale. That's actually really strange when you think about it. Hackers need to be honest about their hacking, and the GTS should make a function to note that a hack is available or something. Of course, then there are those who will hack to the extreme and make something that will ruin the game. So, hacking should come with a warning about the dangers, not really a punishment or an active pursuit to mess with the game's files by the makers. Sure theirs other sites and things not for sale that can hack a game, too, but when hacking is available for purchase, it's a contradiction to punish them for it. It's the users money, after all.

Gaming Master 2000
07-07-2013, 10:02 PM
The easiest thing with the GTS is that if a Pokemon is going to "ruin a save" (if that's actually going to happen), don't allow it on the GTS. I'd rather the GTS be hack free and hack trading kept one-on-one.

LinuxUser
07-07-2013, 10:55 PM
all i hope is the gts won't only be things like Vulpix lv 27 wanted zekrom lv 9 and under

samueln
07-07-2013, 11:08 PM
true i saw an excradrill both shiny and not for that same offer it was too stupid i cant even believe there are zekroms like that any way
if they want to do that they should give the gamer like a three time warning sign that flashes all in the gamers face and resets the game to the last saved point before he/she hacked .

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
07-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Well like Justin said, AR is sold in stores. It could even be considered illegal for Nintendo to ruin games because of a hack, but I think I the GTS should either not allow hacks at all or have some kind of label that says that it's a hack, and maybe even a filter option that asks if you don't want to find hacks in your search results, which is exactly what Justin said, but with that it's a matter of the hacker's honesty, though. The only way for the GTS to ensure that hacks aren't being labelled as legit is for it to have a filter that labels the Pokemon automatically, otherwise you still have people that would lie about hacking. And actually, I believe AR has a warning on the back of the package that says it can corrupt save files and is not approved by Nintendo, right? I think it says something like that... I'm positive it warns you that it can ruin your save file though. I know it ruined my Diamond game once (which is why I no longer hack). Theoretically, if Nintendo were to make the games more sensitive to hacks (since they allow a lot of extra data right now) then it would technically be the hacker's fault, because AR even warns about ruining games. In all reality... A hacker can do a lot that a legitimate trainer can't do. A hacker can put 255 EVs into every stat, give every Attack a certain amount of PP that's ridiculously high, and even give them 1,000 for every stat. The games allow for that extra data, only gameplay prevents it from occurring. If Game Freak were to remove the room for this extra data, which may be their system for stopping hacks if this is true, then a hack can completely ruin a game and it would be the hacker's fault for doing something illegitimately. This wouldn't prevent hacking entirely though, but it would prevent overpowered hack monsters with impossible attacks from being in the games, which is still good enough I guess.

LinuxUser
07-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Well like Justin said, AR is sold in stores. It could even be considered illegal for Nintendo to ruin games because of a hack, but I think I the GTS should either not allow hacks at all or have some kind of label that says that it's a hack, and maybe even a filter option that asks if you don't want to find hacks in your search results, which is exactly what Justin said, but with that it's a matter of the hacker's honesty, though. The only way for the GTS to ensure that hacks aren't being labelled as legit is for it to have a filter that labels the Pokemon automatically, otherwise you still have people that would lie about hacking. And actually, I believe AR has a warning on the back of the package that says it can corrupt save files and is not approved by Nintendo, right? I think it says something like that... I'm positive it warns you that it can ruin your save file though. I know it ruined my Diamond game once (which is why I no longer hack). Theoretically, if Nintendo were to make the games more sensitive to hacks (since they allow a lot of extra data right now) then it would technically be the hacker's fault, because AR even warns about ruining games. In all reality... A hacker can do a lot that a legitimate trainer can't do. A hacker can put 255 EVs into every stat, give every Attack a certain amount of PP that's ridiculously high, and even give them 1,000 for every stat. The games allow for that extra data, only gameplay prevents it from occurring. If Game Freak were to remove the room for this extra data, which may be their system for stopping hacks if this is true, then a hack can completely ruin a game and it would be the hacker's fault for doing something illegitimately. This wouldn't prevent hacking entirely though, but it would prevent overpowered hack monsters with impossible attacks from being in the games, which is still good enough I guess.

i Agree with that if somebody hacks and there game crashes its there fault. only bad thing is if hackers put hacked mons on the gts and it gets to somebody elses game. theres a problem there because there file may corrupt and they dont hacke

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
07-10-2013, 01:06 AM
i Agree with that if somebody hacks and there game crashes its there fault. only bad thing is if hackers put hacked mons on the gts and it gets to somebody elses game. theres a problem there because there file may corrupt and they dont hacke

Well if what I said happens and the extra game data is removed, which is more possible with today's technology than it was even back in 2010/2011 when Black and White were first released, which is a short time if you think about it, but have much more accurate editing software now so it's easier to delete/move extra data, which will in turn prevent hacking, because most hackers rely on that extra data. There is a Location programmed into 5th gen games that is literally a bunch of squares (I'd like to assume they are foreign letters that we don't have programmed into English games), and it's never used, but hackers can use it all they want.There is room for more EVs and even more room for stats than the game would naturally allow, which is why removing the data would curve the problem with the hackers.
But just like editing software is getting better for Hex data (data that runs Pokemon games), it's getting better for hacking. Pokegen sends a signal identical to the signal the GTS sends out when you are ready to receive a Pokemon, for example, which means the games actually have no means of knowing it's a hack if it's done well enough. Assuming Pokegen will exist again in 6th gen, this problem won't go away completely, but if extra data is removed it means the hacks will completely corrupt the games to an extreme level unless you hack "legitimately", which often times isn't considered worth the time for hackers. If this is true AR may not even work on the games anymore, or at the very least not as well as they do now. Especially with 3D graphics now, they can essentially remove areas that are not programmed into the game's data (this is due to a third dimension making it easier to "cut corner" when they create the maps). In the end, if this is true, the most they can do is make the games more easily corruptible.

Exflar
07-31-2013, 10:07 AM
I think you guys might have misread the article. No where in the article does it explicitly state that in X and Y the file will automatically corrupt if any form of hacking is implemented. The article does state, however, "should anyone be found using what it calls an 'illegal Pokémon' at a tournament they will automatically be disqualified and will not be able to compete in any future events.

What makes things even worse is that you could even corrupt the save file of the trainer you're playing against and Nintendo and the Pokémon Company have both said they cannot restore the file to normal."

"Could" implying that it's a risk. Not implying that file corruption is an automatic anti-hacking precaution.

DejaVu146
07-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Or people can just play the game as it was meant to be and not cheat. It give much more satisfaction to raise a Pokemon to lvl 100 yourself through EVs and finding shinies randomly (or through Masuda or any legitimate ways of getting them) in the wild. But I guess I just will never understand why people hack -.-

Karrah
07-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Or people can just play the game as it was meant to be and not cheat. It give much more satisfaction to raise a Pokemon to lvl 100 yourself through EVs and finding shinies randomly (or through Masuda or any legitimate ways of getting them) in the wild. But I guess I just will never understand why people hack -.-

I believe it is as those who hack know that they are notactually good enough to train Pokemon professionally or cannot spend the time to trade to complete the Pokedex, or get shinies

chuwachuwa
08-12-2013, 07:33 PM
I think its smart of Nintendo to ban hackers because in my time of trading I have easily got a lot of hacked pokemon from trades and I don't like them

Nature
09-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Awesome :)

Rip Snorting
09-08-2013, 04:07 AM
Like Gaming Master 2000 said, they're not going to corrupt a save file just because someone is hacking, and honestly there is no reason too, i agree its a thorn in my side when i trade a legit shiny for some hacked pokemon, but there is no reason to corrupt the file, now i could see them going around with a "confiscation" of hacked pokemon or something around those lines of punishment such as a temporary ban, but i highly doubt that they are going to corrupt a save file over a hack that wont affect the game by too much, now if you have a pikachu that can fly or surf (not counting special event pokemon) there would be a problem, but as long as no one is hacking to get KO's with splash, i'm not really worried about hacking

pokeholic321
09-08-2013, 04:32 AM
Well what'll happen if u don't know u have a hacked Pokemon and u transfer it to X or Y what will a person do then

The Batman
09-08-2013, 04:41 AM
Well what'll happen if u don't know u have a hacked Pokemon and u transfer it to X or Y what will a person do then

Pokecheck all the pokemon you did not personally catch. Better to be safe than sorry.

Rip Snorting
09-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Perfect IV's is the most common red flag that it's hacked

Arrogant Watermelon
09-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Perfect IV's is the most common red flag that it's hacked

Not true. Rng is an extremely easy way to get perfect IVS legitimately. Thats the reason pokémon with perfect IVS are so easy to come across now days.

Faerie
09-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Now, if they'd just make it impossible to ask for impossible things on GTS... Like a lvl 1 Shaymin... I swear, stuff like that just ticks me off!

omar003
09-09-2013, 09:10 PM
will it shut down if you traded people for gts pokemon

The Kiwi Dragon
09-10-2013, 08:58 AM
will it shut down if you traded people for gts pokemon

It doesn't shut down as such.

The Batman
09-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Are they going to shut down all this RNG nonsense since it is an exploitation of game programming?

Babypoke
09-10-2013, 08:34 PM
I think Nintendo wouldn't beable to do it because what if a person has a hacked pokemon they got in a trade and tries to transfer what would they do and Nintendo wouldn't beable to tell if all pokemon are hacked or now since there is so many but that's my thinking for I have never hacked but sadly I have received hacks from people who tricked me

The Kiwi Dragon
09-11-2013, 04:13 AM
Are they going to shut down all this RNG nonsense since it is an exploitation of game programming?

Probably not because RNG is actually able to be more legal than Action Replay and any Pokemon Creation Program on computer or the PokeBuilder iOS app.

The Batman
09-11-2013, 06:27 PM
My point is you are still exploiting programming to gain an unfair edge over honest breeders that put in work for good IVs. But its whatever the convenience of dishonesty wins because people just want to dominate in the meta.

The Kiwi Dragon
09-11-2013, 08:13 PM
My point is you are still exploiting programming to gain an unfair edge over honest breeders that put in work for good IVs. But its whatever the convenience of dishonesty wins because people just want to dominate in the meta.

It's a proven thing that Nintendo actually has nothing against it, because if we look back, a very famous World Championship Runner-Up from 2012 used RNG Pokemon, A.K.A Wolfe Glick. Now Wolfey maintains the same amount of respect as he would if he had been the runner-up without RNG Pokemon. And it seems that the people who battle him on a daily basis over at Nugget Bridge (Where I had the pleasure of meeting him and the 2010, 2011 and 2012 World Champion Ray Rizzo) seem to care less that he RNGs teams. But the fact he told officials at the 2012 World Championships and they didn't care about it. And he got 2nd in the world that year. And most of the people who he beat (Who are also on Nugget Bridge) were happy for him to get 2nd.
So I don't think it's as big an issue as PokeGen or Action Replay like Nintendo are thinking of when they say statements about hacked/corrupted games.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
09-12-2013, 12:30 AM
It's a proven thing that Nintendo actually has nothing against it, because if we look back, a very famous World Championship Runner-Up from 2012 used RNG Pokemon, A.K.A Wolfe Glick. Now Wolfey maintains the same amount of respect as he would if he had been the runner-up without RNG Pokemon. And it seems that the people who battle him on a daily basis over at Nugget Bridge (Where I had the pleasure of meeting him and the 2010, 2011 and 2012 World Champion Ray Rizzo) seem to care less that he RNGs teams. But the fact he told officials at the 2012 World Championships and they didn't care about it. And he got 2nd in the world that year. And most of the people who he beat (Who are also on Nugget Bridge) were happy for him to get 2nd.
So I don't think it's as big an issue as PokeGen or Action Replay like Nintendo are thinking of when they say statements about hacked/corrupted games.

I agree 100%. If RNG was illegitimate because it exploits the programming to gain an edge, then so would Shiny breeding, IV breeding, Shiny hunting, etc, because to be able to do these things you need to have some knowledge of the game's programming. Maybe not nearly as much as RNG uses, being an RNG user myself, but knowledge of game mechanics makes these things a lot easier. One could even argue the same thing for Soft Resetting legendary battles.
(I don't know how well I explained what I mean :P)

Anyways, the feature of Pokemon Bank prevents you from transferring hacks now! That means the hackers are gonna have a tough time when 6th gen rolls around.

LinuxUser
09-12-2013, 01:32 AM
the reason rng isnt hacking is because it is in game while hacking means using a external device (action replay, pokemon app thing).

reshilegend
09-12-2013, 07:37 PM
RNG does not directly affect the game. A calculator-like tool is used to get the perfect timing. Of course the knowledge that was needed to create the tool comes from hacking but that won't matter since the Pokemon and the game engine are not edited at all.
The question is, will Gamefreak find a way to recognize RNG'd mons and add a block to the bank? I don't think so. But we'll see.
Personally I'd welcome the idea of a game without hacked mons.

The Batman
09-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Personally I'd welcome the idea of a game without hacked mons.

That's all I'm trying to say!

Rip Snorting
09-14-2013, 03:34 AM
i would rather have people make hacacked rom on the pc for their hackmon, keep it off the game

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
09-14-2013, 04:29 PM
The question is, will Gamefreak find a way to recognize RNG'd mons and add a block to the bank? I don't think so. But we'll see.

It's basically impossible though, because the only thing 'wrong' with an RNG mon is the date and time, but that's not traceable. The only way it could possibly be traceable is if your date is a date before 3rd gen's release, since Pokemon can travel from 3rd gen, and I doubt they'd make a filter for that.

reshilegend
09-14-2013, 05:03 PM
It's basically impossible though, because the only thing 'wrong' with an RNG mon is the date and time, but that's not traceable. The only way it could possibly be traceable is if your date is a date before 3rd gen's release, since Pokemon can travel from 3rd gen, and I doubt they'd make a filter for that.

Yeah, changing the date on your DS doesn't automatically make you a cheater so that's certainly not a criteria for the hack check.
Just wondering, you couldn't change the date on GBAs right?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
09-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah, changing the date on your DS doesn't automatically make you a cheater so that's certainly not a criteria for the hack check.
Just wondering, you couldn't change the date on GBAs right?

Actually yeah you're right! So that means it is pretty much entirely untraceable then.

haha^36
10-13-2013, 06:53 AM
Would pokemon's that were havked in previous versions count in that issue?
I have a shiny rayquaza I caught in my heartgold version and I want to transfer it to X, would it affect it?

The Kiwi Dragon
10-14-2013, 02:56 AM
Would pokemon's that were havked in previous versions count in that issue?
I have a shiny rayquaza I caught in my heartgold version and I want to transfer it to X, would it affect it?

You could transfer it from HG to B/W/B2/W2 but it's stuffed after that. It'll be eternally trapped in 5th Gen. :p

Phrog
10-14-2013, 05:31 AM
I'm reading the article a lot differently than most people here I think. It sounds more like Nintendo's statement on Missingno. in first gen. It just says that hacked 'mons can mess with you save files. This is nothing new. They stated that using them in tournaments can get you banned from future events as well, but again, this is nothing new. I think they are just reiterating their dislike of hackers.

That said, it would not make sense for Nintendo to put a lock down on every single cartridge that contained a hacked pokemon. Let's face it: a large percent of pokemon received from GTS in the 5th gen were hacked. If you move one of those to X or Y, even though you did not create it, you lose your game? Unlikely.

Again, Nintendo and GF hates cheaters. I don't blame them. RNG manipulation isn't that hard. If someone is serious about battling or collecting shinies, they should figure it out.

haha^36
10-14-2013, 11:41 PM
I guess we really won't know until December, still I would hate it if I couldn't get my shiny pokemon into X from my other versions.