PDA

View Full Version : Xernaes and Yveltal...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
07-12-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm wondering what everyone thinks Xernaes and Yveltal are based on, and not just what Serebii or Bulbapedia think...

I think Xernaes may be based on a Hart from Norse Mythology (you can google the myth), considering it's called the Life Pokemon it wouldn't further surprise me.

I think Yveltal, staying in the category of Norse Mythology (assuming both legends would be from the same myths), it may be based on a dragon of some sort, combined with the myth of the Ragnarok, which would essentially end the world (just google the entire myth) since it's called the Destruction Pokemon.

Del
07-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Xerneas may be based upon the Ceryneian Hind; a sacred Greek deer.
In Greek mythology, the Ceryneian Hind, also called Cerynitis, was an enormous hind (deer), who lived in Keryneia, Greece. It was sacred to Artemis, the chaste goddess of the hunt, animals and unmarried women. It had golden antlers like a stag and hooves of bronze or brass, and it was said that it could outrun an arrow in flight. The capture of the hind was one of the labors of Hercules.
If you look on Bulbapedia, it suggests that this may be the origin of Xerneas, along with Cernunnos (Celtic horned god)