PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] What Does My Team Need

Lord Of Storms
07-12-2013, 11:25 PM
hello everyone i was wondering if you could rate my team i love sticking to water fire steel dark and psychic types and i was wondering if you could help my improve my team and what pokemon i should add to it and the movesets well, here we go

Hydreigon lv.100-Modest- Levitate Ability, hold- focus sash

-Draco Meteor
-Stone Edge
-Surf
-Focus Blast

Metagross lv.100 -Adamant - Clear body Ability, hold-Razor Claw ( dont ask me why i need a better item for him XD)

-Bullet Punch
-Stealth Rock
-Zen Headbutt
-Explosion

Ninetails lv.100 -Modest -Drought Ability, hold- Lum berry ( with rest and for other things )

-Fire Blast
-SolarBeam
-Rest
-Hypnosis

Umbreon lv.100 Modest -Synchronize Ability, hold, leftovers

-Protect
-Payback
-Toxic
-Curse

Alakazam lv.100 Modest- Magic Guard Ability, held- Choice Scarf

-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Charge Beam
-Focus Blast
( i have no idea about the movesets)

Ok thats what i have so far, i know i have to spots left to help balance my team out but i need suggestin for movesets pokemon and held items, its not really a specialized team and im not going for competitive battling, but i want a really good team all around that i could use for fun with freinds and random matchup :P thanks all advice would be appreciated!

LinuxUser
07-13-2013, 12:58 AM
Ok your team is really good but there is a couple things i would change.

First Hydreigon Should have a that berry that fixes the stats when they drop, so you next draco metor will have more power
( at least i think there is a berry or some sort of item for that)

Second Metagross Should hold a focus sash so it can still get a stealth rock in agaist those commen ground type setups.

third metagross should have EarthQuake instead of psychic, zen hedbutt is very strong on metagross so there is no point in psycic

And for the other to i would use that alakazam you battled me with and you need a good ground or flying type.

Thats my Opinon and i hope i helped!

Edit: i didnt see you put bullet punch so i changed number 3 from metor mash to earthquake

Lord Of Storms
07-13-2013, 01:10 AM
oh and my bad that should say explosion not psychic i have no idea why i put that :P, yeah i do need alakazam because he has great special attack and speed, i was wondering if anyone could change his nickname to just alakazam using a hack or something ( anyone?, plz help ill trade you a shiny for it) anyways yeahi would need a good ground or flying type as my team is very week to fighting, but what good pokemon are there i dont want to use ubers( including the landorus line and the legendary birds and beasts) so im not sure but thanks for the advice

LinuxUser
07-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Ok the only way to change alakazams nickname is with action replay and a good flying type is staraptor or bravoriory imo. :)

Staraptor is better imo because both his abilitys are good and Close combat can take out those ground types.

Bravoiry is also good With its dream world ability and then you can us super power

Hope that Helps you

Lord Of Storms
07-13-2013, 01:29 AM
that is great advice and i realize what i need but ( im sorry valkner ) ive never really liked them i just think that there kind of weak in general( i dont mean to offend them this is only imo ) but there weak to rock electric and ice but im not sure ill think about it though, but yeah i dont mind someone using an AR to change the name of alakazam, if anyone could do it i would be very grateful and trade them something that they need thank you

Lord Of Storms
07-13-2013, 01:31 AM
oh and by the way i kind of meant the flying type is weak IMO and i only dislike it, but i like them when there combined such as skarmory i love him ....

LinuxUser
07-13-2013, 01:57 AM
oh and by the way i kind of meant the flying type is weak IMO and i only dislike it, but i like them when there combined such as skarmory i love him ....

The flying type isnt too weak to me staraptor can take out ice and rock types with close combat the problem is electric types

Lord Of Storms
07-13-2013, 02:02 AM
yeah i know they arent completly weak but they have weaknesses that a lot of types use but there good against heracross, but besides flying im also not a fan of the grass type IMO, anyways im getting off topic any suggestins anyone

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
07-13-2013, 03:56 AM
Hydreigon doesn't need a Focus Sash I'd give it a Choice Scarf, Choice Band, or even an Expert Belt. It also needs STAB in Dark Pulse.... Replace Stone Edge for Dark Pulse. Modest Nature makes it a weak attack anyways.

Replace Explosion with Earthquake. Earthquake gives you good coverage and Explosion does nothing. Only useful for weak Pokemon but Metagross can take hits quite well. It also, for the same reason, doesn't need Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash is Steel-type and more powerful.

Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast. Flamethrower does good damage in the Sun and is not inaccurate like Fire Blast. Also don't do rest, it's too easy to set up on while it's asleep, and the Lum Berry is a waste of an item. Maybe Leftovers. OR you could hold a Wide Lens, keep Fire Blast, and that way Hypnosis is more accurate, but I'd just stick with the Leftovers.

I'd replace Umbreon because right now your team has a staggering weakness to Fighting-type moves. Maybe Cofagrigus since it has good defenses and is immune to Fighting.

Lord Of Storms
07-13-2013, 03:58 AM
ok thanks for the advice, but i know my team has a huge weakness to fighting and im considering replacing hydreigon all together, but i couldnt ever let go of umbreon hes my favorite pokemon idk why lol

Lord Of Storms
07-13-2013, 04:35 AM
ok ive updated my 5th pokemon, but could someone please change alakazams nicknames using an Ar code im sure there is someway to forcefully change it, that would be most appreciated and i would pay you back in a shiny or an event, anyways im still lokking for a 6th pokemon thanks

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
07-13-2013, 02:01 PM
On Alakazam, just dump Charge Beam for Energy Ball. Choice Scarf is a good item for Alakazam, but it's a Glass Cannon, so you never want to switch it into battle, just use him to revenge kill?

If you want to replace Hydreigon, I have an idea: Use Skarmory and Garchomp.

Skarmory with Spikes, Brave Bird, Whirlwind, and Roost makes a good physical wall and a decent lead, especially with the support of a special wall (Umbreon). Or you could opt for Stealth Rock instead of Spikes since your team isn't that defensive.

Garchomp has immunity to Electric, which also supports Skarmory and can give it various opportunities to switch in from Skarmory for free. Make sure it has it's DW Ability, and it should have Earthquake, Dragon Rush, Shadow Claw, and Stone Edge for great coverage. That hits just about everything for at least neutral damage, which should hurt while it's holding a Choice Band. Also give it Jolly Nature.

Lord Of Storms
07-13-2013, 06:19 PM
that really helpful thanks im already thinking about skarm, and you confirmed that i do need him, hes really good but im not sure about garchomp i just feel that he is way overused, but thanks for the advice

LinuxUser
07-13-2013, 06:41 PM
easy stick a yache berry on garchomp