PDA

View Full Version : Mega Pokemon.

reshilegend
08-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Serebii has confirmed that Pokemon will have Mega Forms like for example MegaBlaziken.
What are your thoughts on this? I like the designs (MegaAmpharos with hair xD) but I don't really understand why this was needed.
Looking at the competitive side, I think we might see a new tier with Mega Pokemon only or they might just go straight Uber (assuming they're viable enough).
And please, if you want to hate on them, that's okay. Just give some reasons for your opinion.

Nature
08-08-2013, 07:13 PM
That is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very interesting hmmm.....

Nature
08-08-2013, 07:15 PM
I wonder how Nintendo will top this in the next coming games...after x and y that is...

The Kiwi Dragon
08-08-2013, 07:56 PM
OK something just went straight through Nintendo's assessment division here... What's next? Accessible Pokemon Fusions?

The Kiwi Dragon
08-08-2013, 08:06 PM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/corocoro_magazine_reveals_mega_evolution_and_three _new_pokemon_for_x_and_y
So I'm trying to figure this out, will every Pokemon go mega? And three new Pokemon, a Gogoat pre-evolution, a rabbit and the cutest mouse Pokemon aside from Pikachu that Pokemon has seen for a long time. Interestingly MegaAmpharos will be Electric/Dragpn, MegaMawile Steel/Fairy, and most importantly from what's here, Mewtwo's new form isn't a new form but a 'Mega Evolution'.

Karrah
08-08-2013, 08:16 PM
I actually hope it's just a prank, because first I saw it said that the Awakened MEwTwo was a completely different one, then an event version, but now an evolution? IT's silly. Also why would they reveal 3 Hoenn Pokemon? One of which is UBer, one of which I think is OU and the last being something completely different. It makes so little sense it seems so fake to me. IF every Pokemon had the MEga Forme then it would be pointless.

It makes too little sense

Lord Of Storms
08-08-2013, 08:57 PM
whats going on with nintendo, this is changing to much and i fear that its for the worst, i dont think that this will be heading in a good direction, i really dont want to have to cancel my pre order of X but i dont think that this is getting any better i hope this is all a prank but i know better , well all we can do is wait and see :/

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
08-09-2013, 12:54 AM
OK something just went straight through Nintendo's assessment division here... What's next? Accessible Pokemon Fusions?

I would like this on Facebook ^^

Anyways I think since they're doing a global release this time, it's a bigger deal to countries other than Japan, which is a first! I think this is helping expand their audience, and Mega-Evolution is something that I think may be an attempt to draw in more 10-11 year olds in the US (while the more common US audience is younger), so this would bring up the age group and get them a larger and more consistent audience, since most young kids don't end up sticking with the games for years to come. I think it's really silly to add this type of concept, but it is still something that I'll accept and have some fun with ^^ That new Absol "Mega Evolution" (God I hope the English name is less pathetic) looks really cool!

The Kiwi Dragon
08-09-2013, 04:34 AM
Yeah, next they'll change all Level 100's to 'Genesect' EX. :p

reshilegend
08-09-2013, 12:45 PM
whats going on with nintendo, this is changing to much and i fear that its for the worst, i dont think that this will be heading in a good direction, i really dont want to have to cancel my pre order of X but i dont think that this is getting any better i hope this is all a prank but i know better , well all we can do is wait and see :/

It's confirmed to be real now.
I don't get it why people would cancel their pre order because of this. Sure, it sounds weird and everything but it's optional. You can still use the regular Pokemon without their Mega forms. Besides, there are limitations. The Pokemon has to hold a Mega Stone and these forms only exist in battles.
So it's not as broken as it sounds, but still a bit ridiculous. In my opinion.

The Kiwi Dragon
08-09-2013, 12:52 PM
I was a bit critical of those Fairy types when they came out and realised I can't criticise yet so I'm not gonna be Critical of the Mega guys.

Del
08-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Personally, I'd prefer if it was just a normal evolution and not so limited by the use of a held item. I'd rather have a permanent evolution than one limited to battle. However the new Absol looks COMPLETELY AMAZING, IMO. I LOVE ABSOL!!!!!!<33333

Also I think the whole theme of having "Mega pokemon" seems pointless, imo!

Gaming Master 2000
08-09-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm certainly not a fan of the idea of MegaPokemon but I will wait and see where they go with it and how it plays before I come to a definitive conclusion.

Waveon
08-10-2013, 12:19 AM
i think its pretty cool how there are mega pokemon! they have better atats and they look cool! i really dont get why people are canceling orders. =(

DejaVu146
08-10-2013, 03:09 AM
This Mega Pokemon idea really upsets me. Does it sound to anyone else kind of like Digimon? They evolve (well...Digivolve) for the battle and then go back. Blah.

Karrah
08-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Since I've seen a few people say that it sound like Digimon, for those of you who don't get it, or why people are cancelling orders, looks at this picture I found.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/112/9/f/digivolution_chart___tsubumon_by_chameleon_veil-d62mzgj.jpg

You just have to look at the part where it splits off into to, if we use the example of Blaziken it would be Torchic (The Bear or Armadillo) then it evolves again (This is Digimon so you have options) into an Armedmadillo, robot thing, Armed Bear or Armed Polar Bear. Evolve again into a sort of Angel Clock Warrior thing, upgraded robot armadillo, Robot or Axe-Throwing Polar Bear.

The MEgaEvolutions are just the thing that lets them turn into some sort of feared warrior (I don't know), a sword swinging robot, a robot bear with fire fists or an armoured yak.

chomp-o-squirtle
08-10-2013, 09:21 AM
This Mega Pokemon idea really upsets me. Does it sound to anyone else kind of like Digimon? They evolve (well...Digivolve) for the battle and then go back. Blah.

me too , and the characters like they are from sim city ?

Dhomie
08-12-2013, 02:59 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!! Im so freaking excited!!!!!!!! Even though its a total copy of digimon I dont care this is a epic twist I was waiting for. Now im interested in buying it!

Dhomie
08-12-2013, 03:04 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!! Im so freaking excited!!!!!!!! Even though its a total copy of digimon I dont care this is a epic twist I was waiting for. Now im interested in buying it!

Im confused though so does that mean its like a next evolution stage for the pokemon and do we have to work harder to a higher level to evolutionize?

Karrah
08-12-2013, 08:16 AM
You need a hold item, you can only get MBlaziken with the Blazikenite which you get off the Event Torchic which will come out with the game, MLucario with the Lucarionite

Dhomie
08-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Ah makes sense

chuwachuwa
08-12-2013, 07:26 PM
I am not a big fan of the idea of mega pokemon but you don't have to get them only Mawile, Absol, Ampheros, Lucario and Blaziken look good mega mewtwo looks like it has a massive thing coming out of its head and I never really liked mewtwo in the other games. WHY ARE THEY BRINGING MOR MEWTWOS INTO GAMES whats so good about mewtwo? Whats next? Mewthree? Anyway I cant wait!

Karrah
08-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Well I believe they picked some of the most popular Pokemon, a random Pokemon from a random region and the most popular legend, and gave them Mega Forms, they aren't the only ones, there's also MKangaskhan

Dhomie
08-13-2013, 06:28 PM
They made some pretty smart choices but I hope all starters get mega

The Kiwi Dragon
08-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Well I believe they picked some of the most popular Pokemon, a random Pokemon from a random region and the most popular legend, and gave them Mega Forms, they aren't the only ones, there's also MKangaskhan

MKangaskhan is a beast. :p In it's announcement trailer, took down a Conkeldurr with two Mega Punches. :p

Dhomie
08-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Yah Mkagashan is awesome. If i get this correct the mega evolution takes out the infant in kagashan's pouch and they form a tag team duo? I am not sure lol.

Karrah
08-14-2013, 08:09 AM
Yah Mkagashan is awesome. If i get this correct the mega evolution takes out the infant in kagashan's pouch and they form a tag team duo? I am not sure lol.

It comes out and you can attack twice in a turn with the ability Parental Bond

Dhomie
08-14-2013, 07:03 PM
It comes out and you can attack twice in a turn with the ability Parental Bond

Sweet sounds good to me

Dhomie
08-14-2013, 08:20 PM
No wonder so many heavy gamers are ticked. this totally throws off any strategy invented so war.

The Kiwi Dragon
08-15-2013, 09:57 PM
I'll say one thing I want. MegaEmpoleon. Come on Game Freak make it happen. :p

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
08-16-2013, 01:25 AM
MKangaskhan is a beast. :p In it's announcement trailer, took down a Conkeldurr with two Mega Punches. :p

That Kangaskhan shall be awesome! Just a major upgrade to one of my fav Pokemon ^^

Mega Metagross, Mega Qwilfish, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Exploud must happen!

The Kiwi Dragon
08-16-2013, 01:54 AM
That Kangaskhan shall be awesome! Just a major upgrade to one of my fav Pokemon ^^

Mega Metagross, Mega Qwilfish, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Exploud must happen!

There was a rumor for a Mega Blastoise floating around Smogon. I'll post it later. :p Mega Blastoise, Mega Charizard and Mega Abomasnow are the three rumoured Pokemon I remember. Oddly enough Mega Venusaur wasn't rumoured.

Dhomie
08-16-2013, 08:16 PM
There was a rumor for a Mega Blastoise floating around Smogon. I'll post it later. :p Mega Blastoise, Mega Charizard and Mega Abomasnow are the three rumoured Pokemon I remember. Oddly enough Mega Venusaur wasn't rumoured.
That is weird. two starters announced mega and one left in the dust?

Eric Cartman
08-17-2013, 06:37 AM
I think MegaAmpharos is good, due to its additional type and MegaLucario looks very cool.

LinuxUser
08-18-2013, 05:44 PM
i like the mega idea just why do it to mewtwo? if anything i want to buy the game more :) sadly i don't have enough money for a 3ds

Del
08-18-2013, 09:36 PM
i like the mega idea just why do it to mewtwo?

This new "Mega" pokemon I personally think should be something exclusive to regular pokemon that do not already have evolved forms. So, I think pokemon like Absol, Mawile and Kangaskhan are perfect for this new mechanic, while it seems pointless to give this to pokemon that already evolve like Lucario and Blaziken (Which are already good enough) and obviously legends.

Zeus X
08-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I agree with Dejavu. Most likely Game Freak ripped the idea off from the Mega Digimon.

Exflar
08-21-2013, 03:52 PM
I still don't see how Megas are rips off of digimon other than the name. It looks to me like Mega Evolutions are nothing more than a form change. We've had those since Generation 3. Oh, but they're form changes that redistribute stats, add an additional type, and are only activated for the duration of a battle? Well...hmm...Castform, Cherrim, Burmy, Darmanitan, and Meloetta would like a word.

Nature
08-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Mega celebi! Destroys all! But if mega celebi looks terrible I will probally explode :)

faroegirl
08-26-2013, 09:26 PM
I kinda like the idea of giving the pokémon an extra boost during battle with the mega stone :D

now I am defiantly gonna buy it :D

getting exited to see which ones have gotten the mega evolution :D

Nervyr
08-28-2013, 07:10 AM
i like the mechanic, i think its interesting and add another boosting possibility beyond Current items. the ability to also change you type and passive is awesome, and i think it adds a creative new layer to competitive battling.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
08-28-2013, 05:21 PM
I think people have been saying that now certain Pokemon are becoming way overpowered, ie Blaziken and Lucario, but remember that the Mega Stones are held items, so they won't have boosts from any items if they do use a Mega Stone.

Del
08-28-2013, 10:43 PM
I think people have been saying that now certain Pokemon are becoming way overpowered, ie Blaziken and Lucario, but remember that the Mega Stones are held items, so they won't have boosts from any items if they do use a Mega Stone.

I suppose it kinda depends on how much the stats are boosted.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
08-29-2013, 12:01 AM
I suppose it kinda depends on how much the stats are boosted.

Eh. Even with an Attack boost, that can't be nearly enough to emulate the power boost given to Lucario when it has a Choice Scarf on, since it's speed is kind of a big deal. If not a Scarf, virtually any other item you'd give to Lucario. If you gave it a Life Orb, that's a 30% Attack boost. I doubt Nintendo will give it a 30% boost to that stat with this. I'd believe maybe 15 or 20 Point difference, but not something that substantial

kakari
09-01-2013, 09:08 PM

i agree lets just hope they dont create more but i haf to say maga mawhile is adorable :D
but mega ampheros looks bad it seems to be wearing a wig with red frog spawn in it :/

kakari
09-01-2013, 09:11 PM
the reason why they created fairy types is to make the game more balanced
but if mega pokemon are too tuff then their is no balance

at least blaziken is stronger ive always thought that out of the starters blaziken is the weakest

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
09-01-2013, 09:37 PM
the reason why they created fairy types is to make the game more balanced
but if mega pokemon are too tuff then their is no balance

at least blaziken is stronger ive always thought that out of the starters blaziken is the weakest

I have to disagree, Blaziken is amazing, and Smogon named it an Uber for a reason, after all ^^

I don't think Mega Pokemon make it unbalanced though, because keep in mind they lose the option to use a hold item because the Mega Stone would become the hold item, so they're basically completely unboosted. Obviously there's some advantage to Mega Evolution, but the item loss keeps it kind of balanced

chomp-o-squirtle
09-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I have a question does the pokemon become normal after the "mega stone " is lost (by smack off etc.)or after the battle ends
and is the mega stone temporary like one use etc. and you find it in random places or you buy it OR is it Permanent

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
09-02-2013, 06:38 PM
I have a question does the pokemon become normal after the "mega stone " is lost (by smack off etc.)or after the battle ends
and is the mega stone temporary like one use etc. and you find it in random places or you buy it OR is it Permanent

Well the event for the Blazikenite has been announced, and it is apparently not available through normal gameplay, so I doubt it is a one-use item. As for the first question, that's a good question... I guess we'll just have to find out

reshilegend
09-02-2013, 08:42 PM

After the battle ends, yes. The Megas are only available in battle.
When using knock off, I think (just what I think that makes sense, unconfirmed so far) it will be the same as with Giratina and the Griseous Orb. It can't be knocked off from Giratina just like you can't use trick on it. Same goes with Arceus' plates.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
09-03-2013, 09:06 PM
After the battle ends, yes. The Megas are only available in battle.
When using knock off, I think (just what I think that makes sense, unconfirmed so far) it will be the same as with Giratina and the Griseous Orb. It can't be knocked off from Giratina just like you can't use trick on it. Same goes with Arceus' plates.

I never actually knew that xD Lol

REAL FOXY
09-05-2013, 01:49 AM
MIND BLOWN New meats amazing go kanto starters especially blastoise

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
09-05-2013, 02:22 AM
MIND BLOWN New meats amazing go kanto starters especially blastoise

Ikr?? I love the Mega Evolutions ^^ Blastoise looks so awesome I'm choosing Squirtle!

The Batman
09-05-2013, 03:13 AM
I think this could bring Charizard back to prominence as a strong contender in the met agame.

reshilegend
09-05-2013, 08:21 AM
I think this could bring Charizard back to prominence as a strong contender in the met agame.

Possibly. Look what Drizzle and Drought did to Politoed and Ninetales. ;)
The stealth rocks hurt though so you basically must have a rapid spinner.

Ikr?? I love the Mega Evolutions ^^ Blastoise looks so awesome I'm choosing Squirtle!

Blastoise looks okay, but Charizard and Venusaur look better imo ^^
Thick Fat is a very good ability on Venusaur, the only thing I don't like is the fact that it will lack leftovers recovery. Time to leech seed sub stall then haha. Giga drain is still an option but without Chlorophyll it's not fast enough to use it properly. I think it will be good in rain but we'll see.
Oh and M Charizard has Kyurem W's arm wings if anyone cares lol.

The Batman
09-05-2013, 05:49 PM
That's why I keep my Rapid Spin Hitmontop. I wonder how he will pair up with an inferno team.

Del
09-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Wow, gotta say I'm loving Charizard's new look!XD

reshilegend
09-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Pokemon Smash showed Mewtwo Mega evolving but they didn't show what it was Mega evolving into...
There was just a giant question mark blocking it. It seems likely that Mewtwo will get another Mega Evolution just like the Pokebeach rumor said earlier this year. I mean, why would they put a question mark over a Mega we already know?
Also, the name of Mewtwo's Mega stone is still unknown. Imo there will be 2 Mega Mewtwos, and if the rumors come true the second one will look like Mew.
We'll know more when CoroCoro is out this week ^^

The Kiwi Dragon
09-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Pokemon Smash showed Mewtwo Mega evolving but they didn't show what it was Mega evolving into...
There was just a giant question mark blocking it. It seems likely that Mewtwo will get another Mega Evolution just like the Pokebeach rumor said earlier this year. I mean, why would they put a question mark over a Mega we already know?
Also, the name of Mewtwo's Mega stone is still unknown. Imo there will be 2 Mega Mewtwos, and if the rumors come true the second one will look like Mew.
We'll know more when CoroCoro is out this week ^^

Another Mega Mewtwo? I'd rather a Mega Mew rather than a second Mega Mewtwo to be honest.

reshilegend
09-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Another Mega Mewtwo? I'd rather a Mega Mew rather than a second Mega Mewtwo to be honest.

Yeah, I think everyone can agree with that. But they showed Mewtwo transforming so the chances of a Mega Mew are getting lower and lower :(

reshilegend
09-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Psychic/Fighting, most likely physical attacking Mewtwo. Awesome.
Mega Garchomp looks like something straight out of a horror movie xD

The Kiwi Dragon
09-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Turning my favourite Dragon type into a Mega Pokemon is an instant hit for me!

The Batman
09-14-2013, 01:37 AM
I demand a Mega Dragonite! He will be named... Dragonknight!

reshilegend
09-14-2013, 05:05 PM
I demand a Mega Dragonite! He will be named... Dragonknight!

His Mega stone would have an interesting name. :p

Dhomie
09-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Its official there is two megamewtwo evolutions? this new one is called megamewtwo x. its bigger and it looks better. i just hope he isnt game exclusive to x since its in its name, i doubt it though

reshilegend
09-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Its official there is two megamewtwo evolutions? this new one is called megamewtwo x. its bigger and it looks better. i just hope he isnt game exclusive to x since its in its name, i doubt it though

The X stone is exclusive to Pokemon X and the Y stone to Y.

Dhomie
09-15-2013, 12:30 AM
The X stone is exclusive to Pokemon X and the Y stone to Y.
Aw what the heck!!!! Now im gonna be stuck with xtrenus (or whatever his name is!) because x mega evolution for mewtwo looks way better then y! But i guess time well tell I still got about a month to decide.