PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Monster: The Origin

cuz bruh
08-21-2013, 03:50 AM
Pokemon: The Origin Thoughts
Pokemon: The Origin, I LOVE YOU. No Ash, No Pikachu, no Cilan, no Iris. PLAIN OLD SCHOOL POKEMON RED AND BLUE. This is what I wished for years ago, and anime based off of the games. All we ever got was a 10 years old resemblence to Red, who makes the stupidest comebacks I have ever seen. Example- I highly doubt that Pikachu can beat Lt. Surge's Raichu.

Aside from that, we have something new and fresh. I personally want a series out of this, and if this will be pulled of, thank lordie. If this ends up a one part special, the anime department of Pokemon is sorta screwed.

BUT, besides that, Pokemon: The Origin will be on my list of things to watch. I hope we get an English dub. Funimation, or any anime dubbing company should put a foot forward and dub this.

Remember how happy we were when Pokemon Black 2 and White 2's anime trailers launched? Pretty sweet right? What a waste of time that was, nothing was made of it. NOTHING!

Another thing I can't get through my head is why would they hold something off for so long!?!?!?!? We needed this well in advance. 20 years later, here we are.............

At least the game's "plagiarized" anime is keeping kids entertained and keeping, like most of the other anime on Cartoon Network a big profit. Kids are a big target for the toy and game industry, and that's just what they are doing. But something other than Ash would be VERY appreciated.

This is my opinion............... don't rant PLEASE!

The Kiwi Dragon
08-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Pokemon: The Origin Thoughts
Pokemon: The Origin, I LOVE YOU. No Ash, No Pikachu, no Cilan, no Iris. PLAIN OLD SCHOOL POKEMON RED AND BLUE. This is what I wished for years ago, and anime based off of the games. All we ever got was a 10 years old resemblence to Red, who makes the stupidest comebacks I have ever seen. Example- I highly doubt that Pikachu can beat Lt. Surge's Raichu.

Aside from that, we have something new and fresh. I personally want a series out of this, and if this will be pulled of, thank lordie. If this ends up a one part special, the anime department of Pokemon is sorta screwed.

BUT, besides that, Pokemon: The Origin will be on my list of things to watch. I hope we get an English dub. Funimation, or any anime dubbing company should put a foot forward and dub this.

Remember how happy we were when Pokemon Black 2 and White 2's anime trailers launched? Pretty sweet right? What a waste of time that was, nothing was made of it. NOTHING!

Another thing I can't get through my head is why would they hold something off for so long!?!?!?!? We needed this well in advance. 20 years later, here we are.............

At least the game's "plagiarized" anime is keeping kids entertained and keeping, like most of the other anime on Cartoon Network a big profit. Kids are a big target for the toy and game industry, and that's just what they are doing. But something other than Ash would be VERY appreciated.

This is my opinion............... don't rant PLEASE!

I'm highly inclined to say no series will be made out of this. More profits will be made for TV Companies from the originals in my eyes. I'd like to see a series but I don't think we will. JWittz talked about this on his Channel and thinks also no series will be made.

Exflar
08-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Technically speaking, it's Pokemon Red and Green.

cuz bruh
08-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I wish though.

Lord Of Storms
08-22-2013, 01:42 AM
personally, i actually liked the anime, up to the point of black and white ( where is brock?!?!?) so i hope they continue that at least, but it will be cool to see the origins, i know most likly it wont be a series but a few episodes would be cool, i think its the coolest thing releast since 6th gen but thats only my opinion

Voltaradragoness
08-25-2013, 02:10 AM
I want this to be a series so bad...I hate the new animae

NightmareRageMonster
08-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Ditto here,i hate how all the pokemon just go like bam,pow, i win,thats it,done.NO MORE BATTLES,I SWEAR,I LIKE EPIC BATTLES BUT THIS GOD DAMN ASH AND PICACHU STUFF IS STARTINTO GET ANOYING!!!

chomp-o-squirtle
08-28-2013, 08:35 AM
they say so u=it will be made with Red and green based direcly off the games

LinuxUser
08-28-2013, 04:46 PM
I stopped watching the seriers once it reached black/white. couldent watch it

cuz bruh
08-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Same here.

The Kiwi Dragon
08-29-2013, 05:14 AM
Black and White's anime was OK in my eyes. Iris was horrible but Cilan was OK. But of course no one beats Brock. But hopefully the final episode of the Black and White anime which'll be in Kanto and features Brock will maybe provide a loophole for him to return to see the Kalos Region! :) If not then I think one of the girls should be back. Not Misty or Iris though as Misty's had her share and Iris is ugh... So either May or Dawn if Brock can't come back.

chomp-o-squirtle
08-31-2013, 08:07 AM
it seems brock comes back YAH

cuz bruh
09-08-2013, 01:25 PM
lol yeah

chomp-o-squirtle
09-29-2013, 12:06 PM
well,guys it seems that Prof. Nick and shadow storm are right IT IS JUST A ONE EPISODE SPECIAL wah
p.s. Brock also just comes back FO one special episode WAH (again)

The Batman
09-30-2013, 05:18 PM
What were you guys expecting? Us fans to get some sort of nostalgia trip down memory lane and actually get some proper fan service?

I laugh. Pokemon Animated now-a-days is cookie cutter dribble that The Pokemon Company slaps together and the under 13 age bracket eats it up. That's what's wrong with Pokemon, they keep trying to keep the series young and immature while its core fanbase is growing up expecting a more mature offering. I'd personally like to see a bit more edgy and violent content in battles and storylines.

GaryEhffinJoaker
10-02-2013, 08:31 PM
It's a four episode special... here's a weird clip of mega charizard vs mewtwo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQa9FBMtMaY

iBlockWave
10-08-2013, 06:49 PM
It's a four episode special... here's a weird clip of mega charizard vs mewtwo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQa9FBMtMaY

heres a link for the 4 special episodes with English subs

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU9K024gAow

part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y2SuGoWKFc

part 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDGQYbOUndE

part 4 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YSmYPhG18o

Dhomie
10-11-2013, 04:03 AM
I cant wait

Dhomie
10-11-2013, 04:07 AM
Lol its about time a main trainer character tries to catch a legendary besides befriending it ( cough cough Ash)

asdasdasd
10-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Enjoyed the series but I really wish it was longer. The story felt quite crammed up and I really wished to see Red age more throughout the story. Still good though!

The Kiwi Dragon
10-28-2013, 10:02 AM
This mini-series was fairly good. :) I felt it stuck to the source material very well for the most part.

Episodes 1 and 2 were marvellous. Red's battle with Brock was fantastic, you knew Red would win but it was still nail-bitingly exciting. How he went on and saved Lavender Town from Team Rocket was fantastic. I felt Green's inclusion in this part of the story was unnecessary, but the telling of Cubone's backstory and Marowak's death was so dramatic, I was literally close to tears. I never thought much of it while playing R/B/Y and FR/LG but it was so emotional that it just became absolutely beautiful. 3 was great in the fact it showed so much of Giovanni. It shows how much more cruel and sadistic his character is in the game compared to his counterpart in the world of Ash Ketchum. Blowing up the Silph Building, taunting Red after he defeats his Charizard, and then we see his transition to disband Team Rocket and go on his own journey. Then in Episode Four we got a brief cameo from Lance, an epic showdown between Green and Red at the Pokemon League, and best of all we see Red catching LEGENDARY POKEMON. Keyword for Ash Ketchum here is 'Legendary'. No befriending them just sticking them in balls is good enough for Red. How he battles and captures Mewtwo after it injures Green (nice new addition) but then in this battle the worst thing in this mini-series. Mega Charizard X... Now don't get me wrong, because I freaking love Mega Evolutions, but this is NOT sticking to source material and I hope I'm not alone here when I say, I wanted to see our childhoods reimagined on the small screen. If I wanted to see Mega Evolutions I'd watch the XY anime not Origins. So for me the only thing wrong with the whole mini-series is the little inconsistancies in the story from not sticking to source material 100% of the time.
Again don't get me wrong, I think the Origins turned out beautifully and if they hadn't made additions like the introduction of the Charizardite X to keep newer fans and the people hooked on X/Y buzz at the time, it'd be one of the best things I have ever watched but while it isn't, it's darn close! One thing I did like was how it ended on a cliffhanger practically, with Red rushing off to try to encounter Mew in hope of getting #151 like everyone was doing when they tried and tried to get Mew to no avail.

The characters are all very unique and interesting, the Team Rocket Members aren't as boring and as similar to one another as their game counterparts they all actually have distinct characteristics and looks so they don't look like Giovanni stuck a guy in a cloning machine. Even some of the townsfolk are interesting and have their own individual personalities too and thank God they say more than like what NPCs in the towns of the series say when you approach them and chat. Giovanni's charactet was great, Green's was spot on, Red was also spot on and other characters like Professor Oak and Mr. Fuji were very nicely characterised too. :)

My scores for this are as follows:

Storyline: 9/10. (Aside from minor inconsistencies, beautiful. Just beautiful.)

Characters: 10/10 (Extremely accurate depictions of every character in the series that made them feel like they came straight from the game.

Pokemon: 10/10 (All characters have their in-game Pokemon except Red and Green who use interesting mixes of their teams. Cubone was just awesome, wild Pokemon looked stunning. Just amazing.)

Origin-ality (trying to be punny sorry. :p): 8.5/10 (Again inconsistencies here and there, especially with the Mega Stone and Green getting badly injured by Mewtwo but by sticking to the source material for the most part, it felt like a modern day retelling of Red/Blue/Yellow. Very well done though.

Overall score: 37.5/40. Verdict: Red is the best like no-one ever was! :p

Marill
10-28-2013, 07:16 PM
What were you guys expecting? Us fans to get some sort of nostalgia trip down memory lane and actually get some proper fan service?

I laugh. Pokemon Animated now-a-days is cookie cutter dribble that The Pokemon Company slaps together and the under 13 age bracket eats it up. That's what's wrong with Pokemon, they keep trying to keep the series young and immature while its core fanbase is growing up expecting a more mature offering. I'd personally like to see a bit more edgy and violent content in battles and storylines.

While you may be right above the core fan base growing up, I dont believe pokemon should itself always grow up, What happens when you are 80? You want ask to be 80? I dont think it should work like that.

faroegirl
12-02-2013, 02:24 PM
my thoughts on this is that it would be nice that they made a special for every generation where both the male and female characters in the games would be the leads in the series, that way when they moved to a new region the series would go around the character that you play.