PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Best Pokemon in B2?!

ReecyChu
08-22-2013, 06:01 PM
What are the best pokemon to get? As in best base stats!
Also what are the best Electric pokemon? I want Emolga anyway so I know that ones pretty good :3

(And random question nothing to do with this but what do Special attack/defence do?)

The Kiwi Dragon
08-23-2013, 02:26 AM
What are the best pokemon to get? As in best base stats!
Also what are the best Electric pokemon? I want Emolga anyway so I know that ones pretty good :3

(And random question nothing to do with this but what do Special attack/defence do?)

The best are mostly legendaries like Arceus who has the best overall Base Stats with 800 in total.

Good Electric types are: Emolga, Galvantula, Manectric, Magnezone, Ampharos, Luxray. Those are just a small handful.

And Special Attack and Special Defense are exactly what they say they are. Example: Attack is how powerful your Physical attacks are, and Defense is how well you can take a physical attack. Special Attack is how well you deliver Special Attacks and Special Defense is how well you take Special Attacks. A good example of this is Cloyster, it has amazing Defense meaning moves that would be Super Efeective on it like Close Combat and ThunderPunch hardly deliver too much damage. While it's Special Defense sucks, meaning if it takes a Thunderbolt or Focus Blast it's down in one hit practically.

Not sure if you know this already but I'll tell you in case you don't: All your damaging attacks are split into two catagories, Physical or Special. The idea behind these is to choose attacks that correspond to the most powerful stat for attack. For example: My favorite Pokemon is Empoleon, and so when it comes to moves you need to have at least one move that matches it's type. Empoleon is Water/Steel so we'll think about a pair of Steel type moves for second. So you wouldn't teach it Metal Claw (Physical) over Flash Cannon (Special) if Empoleon's Attack sucks but Special Attack is fantastic. Now just teach him another 3 moves: Scald or Hydro Pump, Grass Knot and Ice Beam and you're sorted. Then you can EV train which I'll post a guide on sometime.

Hope I helped.

ReecyChu
08-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks :P I have an Empoleon but I dont want it hahaha I prefer Pikahchu :3