PDA

View Full Version : Look everyone! Pointless Nintendo console - The Nintendo 2DS!

Caseryn
08-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Well, it's finally happened. The next handheld Nintendo console - the Nintendo 2DS. Releasing Octer 12th (With X and Y). I'm guessing that there will be bundles, as one is red, one blue. (Xerneas and Yvetal colours anyone?)

What was originally a rumor for most has become true. The fabulous Nintendo 2DS everybody!
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/6/1/1/2/4/8/137770265367.jpg/EG11/resize/300x-1/quality/91

Compatible with both DS and 3DS games, the 2DS is pretty much the same as what we've already got. Except it only plays 3DS games in 2D. I honestly do not see the point of this console. We already have it! Except better!

It run's pretty much just like a regular 3DS. With the same homescreen, eshop, aand pretty much every other non-3D thing on the 3DS, the 2DS is more like a step back for Nintendo. My opinion? Good idea - but pointless. It's flat. Like a small dual screen iPad. Hmm.

The similarities?
~Pretty much everything.

Differences?
~Flat screen
~About £70. (£109.99 UK price.)

For more information on the Nintendo 2DS, please check out the following fabulous article.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-29-nintendo-announces-nintendo-2ds-handheld-console

reshilegend
08-28-2013, 09:03 PM
It's obviously aimed at children and parents who can't afford a 3DS. And those who don't want 3D or get headaches from it or whatever.
If you think about it, it makes sense for Nintendo to do it. They can increase their software sales a lot. At the same time, it's cheaper to produce than a 3DS.
The funny thing is the release date. Looks like they know how important Pokemon is (just another reason for the series NOT to end after Gen 6 like people say from time to time).
Design wise... Meh. But as I already said, aimed at children. They don't care about the design. For me it's just absolutely useless.
Other interesting news from today is the Wii U price cut btw.

The Kiwi Dragon
08-28-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm actually very suppotive of the 2DS. Video game consoles here in New Zealand are ridiculously overpriced, with the 3DS at $279.99 and the 3DS XL at $399.99 (bad pricing if the Basic Wii U is at $479) so the 2DS here I'm guessing will be $150-$225 at most. This'll be perfect for my friends who are considering quitting Pokemon because they can't get into Gen 6 by not being able to afford a 3DS let alone 3DS XL.

Caseryn
08-28-2013, 11:13 PM
The above is an angle that I have not heard before. A very interesting point, actually. Might also encourage my younger sister to get one so she can stop stealing mine.

It looks awfully uncomfortable to hold though. And a lot of people have complained about the 3D on the 3DS. I just hope that they know they can push the slider down.

Dhomie
08-29-2013, 02:14 AM
What the heck lol.. They were really smart to put this new handheld on the table if you ask me. Me and my little bro have been the ultimate pokemon team since gen 3 and since I upgraded to a 3ds and he couldnt he was really bummed about x and y but now there is this. It looks extremely weird and the design....Uh!! but he really doesnt care as long as he can follow me on my pokemon 6th gen journey he doesn't care.

Georgia
08-29-2013, 05:36 AM
As long as I can play Pokemon X & Y ....I honestly don't give a crap, it's a bonus if I can play DS and 3DS games on 1 console. Like Nick said, 3DS's over here in New Zealand are ridiculously over price and not everyone can afford it.

Baby Koga
08-29-2013, 07:20 AM
For most people it is pointless, but I have a friend who gets seizures from 3d so in a way, it will be beneficial to some people.

Princess Zelda
08-29-2013, 02:16 PM
The 3D on the 3DS is useless anyway so ill be getting this one it's cheaper can play the games am doesn't have useless functions ^-^ I'm quite happy with it

LinuxUser
08-31-2013, 12:15 AM
It might be pointless to many people but it was smart nintedo did this because it helps people who hate 3d

Nervyr
08-31-2013, 06:08 AM
No Hinge prevents small children from breaking it easily.
Higher placed buttons put less strain on the wrist
3DS game compatibility while retaining a lower selling price.
If anything, this thing is genius. Introducing a EconoDS with the release of Gen 6 is a ridiculously smart move, i might even pick one up so i can trade back and forth without having to get a second 3ds, which is more expensive.

chomp-o-squirtle
08-31-2013, 07:36 AM
this is aimed at parents
because it is less worthwhile to buy something you are going to urn off the 3d forever than buying a 2ds that play the same game that is in 2d that is cheaper too. and anyway they did not make because they love the kids but because they can sell these like hotcakes

Rip Snorting
09-08-2013, 04:26 AM
its just for people that want a 3DS for cheap and don't mind sacrificing the 3D feature. my only problem is its shape, i cant fit it in my pocket and take it with me without that dumb bag