PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 4] focus punch or aura sphere

theteabag3344
09-07-2013, 12:44 PM
It's for Lucario

The Kiwi Dragon
09-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Depends what your Lucario's stats are. Personally I'd say Aura Sphere. Focus Punch is far too unreliable.

pokeholic321
09-07-2013, 10:38 PM
So very true aura sphere is better

LinuxUser
09-08-2013, 12:01 AM
aura sphere is good but i think drain punch is the best. focus punch is unreliable unless using a sleep/confusion move and know you can use it.

The Kiwi Dragon
09-08-2013, 02:28 AM
aura sphere is good but i think drain punch is the best. focus punch is unreliable unless using a sleep/confusion move and know you can use it.

Or the 'ye old' SubPunch where you use Substitute then Focus Punch. More unreliable than plain Focus Punch because good prediction comes into it. Not that he talked Drain Punch but it's better than Aura Sphere by far. But I won't make a final judgement until I know Lucario's full stats.

Arrogant Watermelon
09-08-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna disagree with everybody here. Imo lucario is better as a physical attacker. If he has a higher sp at I suggest aura sphere but I hope your lucario isn't a sp attacker.... And don't give him Focus punch if he is a physical attacker either. Give him close combat. Much better than both the moves you suggested.

Arrogant Watermelon
09-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Or the 'ye old' SubPunch where you use Substitute then Focus Punch. More unreliable than plain Focus Punch because good prediction comes into it. Not that he talked Drain Punch but it's better than Aura Sphere by far. But I won't make a final judgement until I know Lucario's full stats.

I have never seen that done with a lucario..... It sounds really risky to try that so I would advise nobody does that.....

The Kiwi Dragon
09-08-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm gonna disagree with everybody here. Imo lucario is better as a physical attacker. If he has a higher sp at I suggest aura sphere but I hope your lucario isn't a sp attacker.... And don't give him Focus punch if he is a physical attacker either. Give him close combat. Much better than both the moves you suggested.

Close Combat has high risk of screwing you over in the long run though unless of course you're using a White Herb.

The Kiwi Dragon
09-08-2013, 12:26 PM
I have never seen that done with a lucario..... It sounds really risky to try that so I would advise nobody does that.....

Neither have I. But judging by how much better use Lucario can get out of moves other than Focus Punch it'd be pointless.

LinuxUser
09-08-2013, 09:16 PM
A psyical attacking lucario has a better movepool (ice punch, drain punch, bullet punch etc) and sp attacking movepool is pretty low. But focus punch vs aura sphere, aura sphere takes the win. Drain punch restores hp so it works good with life orb. Dan said close combat which is probably the best option unless you want sp attacker