PDA

View Full Version : Moderator

Rip Snorting
09-08-2013, 06:17 AM
I keep seeing people with moderator under their names, i never have to time to moderate ever since a few RL problems started, but does anyone know how they became moderators. Was it something you sign up for or do they just know the owner of pokebay? Just curious.

The Kiwi Dragon
09-08-2013, 09:20 AM
I keep seeing people with moderator under their names, i never have to time to moderate ever since a few RL problems started, but does anyone know how they became moderators. Was it something you sign up for or do they just know the owner of pokebay? Just curious.

Almost every Mod has applied for their position.
Let me tell you a story. :)
A bit of a while back, there were four Super Moderators: Mod Kyle, UltraSound, DejaVu146, and Razer.
Then some time later, two Chat Moderators were brought into the staff, JunipersHelp and Mr. Butters.
Then later two of those Super Moderators, Mod Kyle later SmudgeeFX and Razer later Venom left their positions.
Also a bit later, Mr. Butters who'd renamed himself Krow had left, bringing a new mod: GaryeffinOak.
Later GaryeffinOak, and JunipersHelp later known as Cleavon Schpielbunk and Fennel'sHelp left their positions. Or in Fennel's case left PokeBay altogether.
Then two more members, Fandango and Jeremy D were installed as Chat Mods. They're still here today. As are UltraSound and DejaVu146.
And that's the Moderator History. :) And I know that history because I'm a proud part of it. :)

Rip Snorting
09-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks, i just wanted to know, i never knew how moderators got their spots, hopefully if i ever had the free time i could try i could try to apply, i finally got the time to surf forums every now and then, i was shown pokebay by a friend and its really great, i've never been this glad to find a forum group... EVER. most pokemon forums i visit just don't welcome new people as much as this one has, i'm glad i was welcomed here and shown everything

UltraSound
09-08-2013, 07:48 PM
I feel my post is kinda useless as Nick already answered your question, just wanted to give you a welcome! :3 (Which would be much smarter to do on your page but hey, ducks and socks.)

Rip Snorting
09-08-2013, 09:48 PM
I feel my post is kinda useless as Nick already answered your question, just wanted to give you a welcome! :3 (Which would be much smarter to do on your page but hey, ducks and socks.)

"ducks and socks"

i couldn't think of anything more perfect than that right there

DejaVu146
09-09-2013, 01:25 AM
Welcome to Pokebay! Probably the best Pokemon fan site in the World (wide web, of course ;D)! Enjoy your stay here, and if you have any questions, suggestions, comments, or concerns- feel free to ask!

VictiniBlastDP
09-11-2013, 12:03 AM
We've already met via Private Messages. But I'd be Damian, been here since September, 1st. 2010. So, I'm pretty old here myself. Anyway, enjoy your time here and maybe have a chat in the ChatBox. Have a good time.