PDA

View Full Version : How can people connect themselves to a logo?

Eric Cartman
09-16-2013, 07:18 AM
How can people find a relation between themselves and a logo? How could a logo reflect them?

Mica
09-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Well in everyday life people are labeled either by others or by themselves because of how they look, dress, say, or how they present themselves and so they can relate to logos based upon how they see themselves or other see them which is why when companies make products they study what consumer demographic they are looking to market for in terms of age, sex, ethnicity to determine who would buy their products. An example of this being Subaru commercials they show family's on the road and having multiple kids, so the market audience they are trying to get the attention of is family's with multiple kids by say Love is in a Subaru meaning safety for the kids as well as comfortable so they won't be crying on long trips to grandma and grandpa's house. Which is why someone who's single would most likely not be in the market for something like that if they would probably go with something smaller because they would have less money and need less space.

Hope that helps ^-^

animegirlyasha
09-18-2013, 09:04 AM
A logo is a symbol... and like mica said you label yourself with it or others label you. Much like a diamond ring is a symbol often for a married woman when worn of a specific finger. Just rember You don't have to label yourself unless you just want to. I mentioned anime today in a conversation with a coworker.... he said that I didn't look like I would watch anime, I then asked him what did you expect someone who watched anime and played games to look like? He couldn't answer....so often a logo or symbol is just used to describe what one person thinks something or someone should look or act like.

SilverFire
09-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Successful logos are symbols and symbols represent concepts. Companies try very hard to ensure their logos are associated with certain concepts (reliability, speed, innovation, success, wealth, etc.) people relate to these concepts, and therefore to the symbols/logos posed as representing them. People might connect to a logo because they feel they have the quality the logo represents, or because they WANT that quality. Possessing an item associated with that quality will therefore reaffirm that they have that quality (in the case of the former), or allow them to believe they have it (in the case of the latter) but more important than the self-reassurance or self-deception is the fact that the message is shown to other people as well, therefore encouraging other people to also think of them as possessing the positive qualities associated with the logo.

A lot of this is subconscious so people often don't realise, or sometimes will even flat out deny, that the advertising (and therefore the qualities supposedly associated with the brand or logo) has had any impact on their perception of a brand or its desirability for them. They're wrong. <.< Someone might claim that they "just like the shape/colour/design of that car!" and the fact that it was very expensive and is therefore seen as a symbol of status, wealth and success is irrelevant. It's not. Part of the reason they like that shape of car is because of the favourable qualities they now associated it with. If the same car were associated with negative qualities (lack of money, boring, etc.) then it is very highly probable that the person would not like it's shape/colour/design.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
09-27-2013, 01:35 AM
Basically you need to define yourself with basic concepts. For example, I could make a logo for myself using depictions to represent running, jumping, eating, music, drawing, and probably much more. It's actually much easier than you'd think to figure this part out, just jot down a quick list of significant/defining things about yourself!
The hard part is putting it all together into a logo. I'm a fan of the idea of trainers/drawn characters being in the logos, because a person can really reflect you easily xD If you're artistic, use a trainer/person with a paintbrush, paint pallet, etc. If you battle a lot, put some Pokemon from your team in the background, if you like the outdoors maybe add a tree, etc. That's more of a banner than a logo, but you get the idea. A logo usually uses more abstract/disconnected references, just look at real company logos. APPL uses an Apple, simple, Verizon is basically radio waves, as per using cell service, and Pokemon is the word Pokemon. A logo is pretty easy.

On the other hand, I'm just pure lazy so my banner/logo in my siggy was just 6 pictures I threw together and wrote over. I should make a new one, but lazy xD