PDA

View Full Version : Is there any point in a Ruby / Sapphire remake?

SaintJimmyRowe
12-28-2011, 04:20 AM
Is there any point in remaking Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire versions? Personally, I think not. Why? Number 1, as far as I know all Hoenn Pokémon (minus the event Jirachi and Deoxys) can be caught in D/P/Pt/HG/SS. Number 2, if Ruby and Sapphire were to be remade in around 2012 then that means that the 6th generation will start in or around 2014 and we'd have a Diamond and Pearl remake in 2016. Finally, Number 3, Hoenn was actually my least favourite region to play. If they did re-make it I'm pretty sure I'd buy it, but, I don't see the need for it. What do you guys think?

Shiny Shinx~<3
12-28-2011, 07:49 AM
In my opinion, I say go for it. Hoenn was personally my favourite, and so were R/S/E. But having a game with upgraded graphics and sound, not to mention the fact that I can play it on my DSi (because I don't have an SP), It'd be pretty wicked :cool:

Although there could be some downsides to it, I think it's great that they're remaking it~ :D

huffpuff
12-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Uh, I think that there is a possibility that they will make a remake as the 3DS only does DS games and not GBA games, but whether or not I would get it? Yes, I would because Emerald was my first game and I allways wanted a R/S/E game that didn't run out of memory every time I played it. I also would like it for the Hoenn region, not just the specific pokemon.

ToxicRainbow
01-03-2012, 03:00 AM
Uh, I think that there is a possibility that they will make a remake as the 3DS only does DS games and not GBA games, but whether or not I would get it? Yes, I would because Emerald was my first game and I allways wanted a R/S/E game that didn't run out of memory every time I played it. I also would like it for the Hoenn region, not just the specific pokemon.

I agree that they may make it for the 3DS. I think It'd be pretty cool and I'd buy it for sure. Plus, I think it may be full of surprises and some new ideas.

Mango
01-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Watching a Rayquaza cut scene in a 3DS remake would be pretty awesome!

Monty
01-03-2012, 11:39 AM
That's like saying there's no point in making FireRed and LeafGreen. I will admit anniversary games are a harsh but cleaver routine that GameFreak created to get us to buy more pokemon but it works. Also I do like that I'm allowed to enjoy the functionality of current gen games with updated graphics/sounds/ideas along with the ability to catch all the pokemon I missed out on. My main team consists of Pokemon from GEN I to IV and I was able to get them all in Heart/Gold.

I think there might have been some trouble with GF and their release of Heart/Gold and Soul/Silver's release save that DS Sales are higher than any terminal Nintendo has made and that's probably why it contains a lot of pokemon you can catch from from just outside of the second gen.

kakari
01-05-2012, 11:46 AM
id buy it cus its pokemon im a big pokemon dork and i buy any thing pokemon i hope the graphics are better than black and white cus when the pokemon move in black and white they look all pixely im not sure weather thats cus ive got a DSIxl or not

Monty
01-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah it doesn't matter. I have a 3DS and it's fail sauce what they did to the player side and his/her pokemon. It looks like dotted up soup when pokemon are shown up close.

And it's sad to say you'll buy anything pokemon. I recently got back into the games because I like them but just any pokemon memorabilia?

I'll admit it depends on the content in the anniversary games. It's the reason why I prefer the 4th Gen anniversary games (HG/SS) rather than Diamond, Pearl, and/or Platinum.

Exflar
01-11-2012, 04:35 AM
Here is a reliable pattern that is known and refutable:
-Paired Version: RedGreen(Blue), GoldSilver, RubySapphire, DiamondPearl, BlackWhite
-Third Version: Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum
-GenRemake: FireRed LeafGreen, HeartGold SoulSilver

Logically, Grey and ___Ruby/___Sapphire are next in line. The purpose for releasing these anniversary remakes is to make older generations accessible for newer/younger fans as well as remastering classics for older fans. The third gen pokemon availability in DPPtHGSS is irrelevant. As GameFreak is notorious for sticking to formula (be it gameplay or game releases), I doubt they will deviate from this lucrative pattern.

Gin_Neko
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
I was thinking about that after ss and hg came out.They should make it for ds lite and 3ds because som people prefer ds lite instead (how else would i migrate)

Lelouch vi Britannia
01-15-2012, 04:47 PM
I think there only going to make remakes for game from gameboy and gameboy sp cause you can't play those games on dsi or 3ds and I hope they make fire red, leaf green and ruby,sapphire,emerald remakes cause I love those games.

pokemonfanyassin
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
you have right hes come end of mei

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-19-2012, 04:00 PM
I personally loved the Hoenn region and I thought Ruby and Sapphire had one of the best plots of the series. And if they did remake them, they'd probably include the original battle frontier which was my favourite part of Emerald

Exflar
02-19-2012, 05:32 PM
I couldn't agree more. Additionally, pokemon "remake" games have always been released on the 10th anniversary of the originals.
Gold and Silver 2000 ==> HeartGold SoulSilver 2010 etc

Gin_Neko
02-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Hoenn was beast it's wear I got my first pokemon,my Sceptile and if it was awesome then imagine it now cuz they turned I game like Gold and Silver into an epic game if amazing graphics. They should make it

vitality
02-19-2012, 09:30 PM
pokemon yellow needs to be remade and you can charter boats to all the regions currently and battle lv 100 elite 4s :D &!!!! you can choose which region you want to start in so the starter pokemon will up to you!

truffledude12
02-20-2012, 12:22 AM
pokemon yellow needs to be remade and you can charter boats to all the regions currently and battle lv 100 elite 4s :D &!!!! you can choose which region you want to start in so the starter pokemon will up to you!

true i agree it would be awesome i would start in hoenn region cause i like mudkip and torchic

Sting
02-26-2012, 07:36 PM
For some reason, there are lots of legends in 4th gen than 5th gen :confused:

truffledude12
02-26-2012, 08:29 PM
all of the legends in soul silver are from 3rd gen
so there would be a point to remakes

ZoruaBoo
02-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Yup, they need to re-make Ruby, no doubt about that.

icedragonite
06-16-2012, 10:59 AM
they should make pokemon emrald on 3ds and ruby and sapphire on normal ds

Caseryn
02-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Say the title. Listen to yourself.
Ruby.
Red.
Sapphire.
Blue.
Emerald.
Green.

Am I the only one that noticed this?!?!

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-27-2013, 08:58 PM
It makes much sense that there will be a remake for Ruby and Sapphire. Why? The same reason they remade 1st and Second Gen: The systems became obsolete. There are barely any systems still out there that can play a GBA game, and they aren't being made any more either, so to make the games payable again to all players, the games will be remade. So yes, I also expect yet ANOTHER 1st gen remake, but after the RS Remake. I disbelieve what people say about 10th anniversary... That was really just a coincidence. Anyways, since there are still some DS' and some DS Lites out there, they won't remake it yet; they're gonna wait until GBA becomes complete stone-age trash (market value-wise) and then remake 3rd and 1st Gen. This is the type of series that you can't simply 'forget' about one specific area, otherwise it'll make no sense in the future. Like in 10 years when we play like 12th gen (I'm assuming) if Kanto hasn't appeared in any games, then people will disregard the original 151 Pokemon and just have no idea where they came from. That's the kind of thing that would kill a series like Pokemon that is organized by area, so they won't just leave Hoenn behind. Similar to Zelda where if you have no idea what happened in Ocarina of Time, you won't know half of what's going on the Phantom Hourglass. It all connects back to the past. You also see this is a good example as Nintendo did remake Ocarina of Time for 3DS.

Lunar_Clipse
03-01-2013, 11:26 PM
its coming this year ;)