PDA

View Full Version : Social Anxiety

Cthulhu
09-26-2013, 07:56 PM
So, how do i start... The problem i have is this: After watching a documentary on BBC i was almost certain i had SA. Yea i know diagnosing yourself with a tv is not the best way to do it but. After watching it i realised i had the same exact problems: feeling constantly judged by others whatever i'm doing and always feeling that everyone is looking at me, whenever class organised a party i wouldn't show up because of fear of humiliation and huge pain in my stomach when there is a upcoming social event. So now i'm asking all you guys i you could give me advice. Also another problem i have is at home i am very relaxed and nice to everybody. But when i go to school i sort of like change into this blackhearted person who's very sarcastic and hates everyone... What's wrong with me? :(

SilverFire
09-26-2013, 08:20 PM
CBT can be good for social anxiety issues.

Rip Snorting
09-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Just find that small group of people that you fit in with.

that's what i did, and it works for me, worry about those friends and no one else

Cthulhu
09-27-2013, 04:50 AM
Many thanks to both of you for your advice. ^_^ I will certainly try it.

Update: Thanks to Silverstar i am going to follow CBT.

Thanks to Rip Snorting i am going to be nicer to people. (i guess that being a butthole to other people was my defense reaction at social events)

So again many thanks to both of you, i struggled with this problem for three years now and i'm finally getting help.

Georgia
10-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Many people feel the same way, including me. I was worse a couple of years ago and started to get depressed because of it but now I have come out of my shell, I still get paranoid about people judging me and when I walk down the street I feel awkward because people could be thinking anything about me. You feel insecure at school thinking people will judge causing you to be sarcastic and hate everyone. There is nothing wrong with you. Everyone is human and they all have emotions so be nice to everyone and be yourself and you will be ok. :)