PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] The Best Team

Basics
10-05-2013, 03:22 AM
I am playing pokemon White and trying to build a strong well rounded team of non-legendaries. I would like suggestions and reasons why. You can mention any pokemon up to 5th generation. I want to see what the Pokebay community will make as a team.

Thank you everyone and I hope you have fun doing this!

darkoctupus
10-06-2013, 01:55 AM
ninjask ~ speed
shuckle, blissey, umbreon ~ they wont die fast
tyrannitar, garchomp ~ lots of damage

You can try Shedinja but that would only work on someone that knows little about it

LinuxUser
10-06-2013, 03:14 AM
ninjask ~ speed
shuckle, blissey, umbreon ~ they wont die fast
tyrannitar, garchomp ~ lots of damage

You can try Shedinja but that would only work on someone that knows little about it

you need a sp attacker

my team:
garchomp/salamence, gengar/chandelure, ferrethorn/skarmory, swampert/politoad, venasour/tortera and weavile/lucario. thats a random team i just thought of :p im not very good at battling so the team might not be so good

Sakura Mamiya
10-06-2013, 03:34 AM
You know Will, you just mentioned over half of my Main OU Team (Garchomp, Gengar, Skarmory and Weavile) :p

My recommendation is to have 3 Special Attackers and 3 Physical Attackers. Even if some of the Pokemon aren't really Sp./Phy. Attackers, like Blissey and Forretress for example.

Weavile is a great Pokemon. Great Physical Attacker, and also a great Dragon Killer too :p Those pesky Dragon Types (Sorry Shiny Chomp [Garchomp] and Latias :p) are absolutely horrible if they have a boost and are going against you.

I hoped I helped...At least a little :p

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
10-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I always play with very annoyingly defense-oriented teams. My set up is as follows:
Spiker - Physical Wall Breaker - Special Wall Breaker - Tank - Drainer - Cleric

So basically the Spiker needs to be physically defensive and the tank must be specially defensive. The tank must always have Toxic and the Drainer (physically defensive) must have either Toxic or Will-O-Wisp. Cleric is specially defensive and NEEDS to have Aromatherapy/Heal Bell. The two attackers are basically to tear down other walls so you don't go into a stalemate.

Eric Cartman
10-06-2013, 11:42 PM
I got a better team: Dragonite, Salamence, Tyranitar, Metagross, Garchomp and Hydreigon. Their stats are the highest, amongst the other pokemon, and they have good types. Salamence get STAB if he learns fly, which is good. You always have to fly in the game every time. Dragonite can elarn a variety of moves that none others can learn.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
10-13-2013, 03:33 AM
I got a better team: Dragonite, Salamence, Tyranitar, Metagross, Garchomp and Hydreigon. Their stats are the highest, amongst the other pokemon, and they have good types. Salamence get STAB if he learns fly, which is good. You always have to fly in the game every time. Dragonite can elarn a variety of moves that none others can learn.

Mamoswine. Mamoswine could defeat every Pokemon here using only its STAB. Ice Shard, which gets priority, will kill all the Dragons that have a 4X weakness, and then Earthquake will finish Tyranitar and Metagross. Even better, Focus Blast would make it even easier to defeat those last two.

Too many of the same type is no good. You have the same weakness over and over, and you have less STAB coverage (and coverage overall).

Eric Cartman
10-13-2013, 04:53 AM
But garchomp can overrun mamoswine and can learn fire type moves.

LinuxUser
10-13-2013, 05:20 AM
Ice Shard always goes first :p garchomp gets fire fang that has 65 base power but with Mamoswine and thick fat...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
10-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Ice Shard always goes first :p garchomp gets fire fang that has 65 base power but with Mamoswine and thick fat...

Exactly! Even if Garchomp lives through Ice Shard to use that attack, it won't do anything. There's also other Ice-types that can do this, such as Weavile. Mamoswine was just an example.

Azylumin
10-14-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm working on a team that I call 'The Champion's team' Its a team of pokemon that are trained post-game and I've got a pretty rounded team. I'm not sure how it all goes with the wi-fi battling but here is mine, you may get some ideas from it.

Shiny Larvitar- Speed and defense trained. Can learn some good ground moves and Tyrannitar is a powerful pokemon.
Shiny Dratini- Obtained in game, the Water/Dragon typing has some nice advantages later on.
Archen- Now I know I have two Rock types, and Archen's ability is pathetic, but if you have no electric pokemon Archen is great against flying types and gets pretty powerful as an Archeops.
Gengar- My all time favourite ghost type, and the poison/ghost combination fills out another two of the types.
Lucario- Fabulous pokemon, trained many of these before Steel/Fighting makes it a pretty powerful pokemon, and Lucario's ability to learn Psychic makes it great for surprising other trainers.
Groyvle- Speed and epicness.

with this team I have the types Rock, Dark, Flying, Steel, Fighting, Ghost, Poison, Grass, Water and Dragon. admittedly a Fire, Electric or Bug type would be helpful too and Archen is the most replaceable pokemon, I don't need psychic because of Lucario and other pokemon can learn Fire and bug type moves too :)