PDA

View Full Version : Flying Press

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
10-16-2013, 02:09 AM
If anyone here has used Hawklucha, or recalls battling a Hawklucha in the 3rd gym, you may recall the move Flying Press. It is my favorite attack right now - Basically, it is a base-80 power attack, not too powerful, but it is DUAL-TYPED.
Flying Press is actually a Fighting/Flying-type move!!

With that, how does that change the attack system? I'm wondering if Hawklucha gets double STAB for it, since Hawklucha is also a Fighting/Flying-type, and I'm also wondering if that means an 8x weakness is possible now?? Pokemon like Scraggy with a weakness to both types make it possible, but do you like the idea of a dual-typed move? Why or why not?

I personally like Flying Press, but the general idea of dual-typed moves is something I'm hoping doesn't become more prominent in the future.

The Kiwi Dragon
10-16-2013, 05:01 AM
It's an odd move. And no, it's not 8x effective or anything like that. So say you're fighting a Shiftry using Hawlucha and you use Flying Press. All it will be is 4x effective, 2 from the Flying < Grass and 2 from Fighting < Dark.
But say you're fighting Skarmory. Fighting is normal damage against it but Flying is not effective. Bringing the power of Flying Press from 1x to 0.5.
(Fighting - Flying/Steel = 1x, Flying > Flying/Steel = 0.5.)
So if both types are neutral to the target the damage will be also. If there is a Super Effective or Not Very Effective matchup between one of the types, then that will outweigh the neutral type making it either of the above. If the type matchup for the move is 50% not very effective, and 50% super effective then the attack will do normal/neutal damage to the target.

Basically if it's what I have theorised then Flying Press is a move that requires calculation to use it effectively.

LinuxUser
10-16-2013, 06:32 AM
It sounds like a interesting move. i don't think they would add a x8 weakness though. sound like a good move though. pokemon that learn flying press could hit pokemon like krokoldile with neutral damage(i think :p) instead of ground types walling flying types