PDA

View Full Version : Why Hack?

Azylumin
10-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Hey guys! I've just been confronted with a curious idea and I want to ask your opinions/

Why do people hack pokemon games to get pokemon they don't have and to get shinies? I personally try not to end up with hacked pokemon because I don't like the fact that they are generated from choice, to me it is cheating, but I'm sure you have your reasons and I want to hear what you say.

Also, Shinies are losing their specialty to me because of hacks I was given several hacked shinies from a friend once, but they never had their importance, so now I don't have them.

NOTE: I do have shinies, so this isn't a whinge about not being able to find any.

GaryEhffinJoaker
10-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Some people just like to have Pokemon they either can't obtain on their own or are too impatient to wait for. They just want the Pokemon and are a bit lazy, all things considered it is hard to get certain Pokemon so in some level it is understandable that if you want a shiny Rotom ad that's your favorite Pokemon, you just want to hbe it because you love it but are having way too much difficulty finding it. I don't support hacking but I do understand it. It's when people lie about having hacks and wanna trade and battle that I don't understand :/ save the hacking for yourself but don't pass it in to others

Azylumin
10-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Thankyou for that.

Yeah, I do think that people should keep their hacks to themselves unless others want them.

Caseryn
10-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Some people enjoy hacking to see what would happen if you were to try something or if you could do something. I did used to hack, but since I restarted my game, I got rid of every hacked pokemon I had collected. Maybe it's fun to be powerful or try and mess up the game. I just got hacked Pokemon on my game for people who wanted them. I did hack, but I don't now.
Looking back, I actually wonder why I did.

DejaVu146
10-18-2013, 02:24 AM
Some people just like to have Pokemon they either can't obtain on their own or are too impatient to wait for. They just want the Pokemon and are a bit lazy, all things considered it is hard to get certain Pokemon so in some level it is understandable that if you want a shiny Rotom ad that's your favorite Pokemon, you just want to hbe it because you love it but are having way too much difficulty finding it. I don't support hacking but I do understand it. It's when people lie about having hacks and wanna trade and battle that I don't understand :/ save the hacking for yourself but don't pass it in to others

Couldn't have said it better. Go ahead and make them but don't pass the trash.

The Batman
10-19-2013, 02:00 AM
I couldn't agree more. Its best just to release your hacks once you're done with them, people tend to lose track on which is which in the sea of pokemon some have ammased.

chomp-o-squirtle
10-19-2013, 12:19 PM
I couldn't agree more. Its best just to release your hacks once you're done with them, people tend to lose track on which is which in the sea of pokemon some have ammased.

some people have hacked billons of pokes i suugest if there done just restart the game it will be the end of all the BS

The Kiwi Dragon
10-19-2013, 08:26 PM
I used to hack about 2 years ago. I found it fun catching Trainer Pokemon from Nimbasa Sports Arenas etc on my White. It just helped fill my Pokedex faster. :p But alas my White is one of those games covered in hacks about 65% hacks - 35% legitimate. But the hacking days are long gone now. Playing legitimately is a lot more fun for me. :)

Eevee The Umbreon
10-20-2013, 01:22 PM
i agree with you and people who do it are kinda just wanting to get pokemon they dont have but anyway Nintendo Have finally put a stop to all the BS by making X and Y unhackable because if you hack them the game will shut down forever.

Azylumin
10-22-2013, 08:47 AM
i agree with you and people who do it are kinda just wanting to get pokemon they dont have but anyway Nintendo Have finally put a stop to all the BS by making X and Y unhackable because if you hack them the game will shut down forever.

they've made it unhackable? how?

The Kiwi Dragon
10-22-2013, 09:50 AM
they've made it unhackable? how?

There's no evidence to say it's unhackable, but Pokemon Bank the 3DS/2DS application which houses the Pokemon Transporter when it was announced we were told no Pokemon caught through illegitimate means (PokeGen, Action Replay etc) would be able to be taken to 6th Gen and thus will stay in 6th Gen permanently. Surely some hackers will find ways to exploit the game through hacking of some means but no evidence of this is present. So in the end Generation 6 could be practically hack free for a while! :)

Marill
10-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Yeh hacking is lame anyway, If you are lucky enough to go to a event to get one thats the best way.

MORNING SUN
11-25-2013, 02:35 AM
The way I think of hacking is it's like generating a trophy that you didn't rightfully win. You could generate perfect stat Pokemon or a shiny, but what is so special about it if you didn't put in any effort? My friend found a random encounter Shiny Fearow in Diamond but then released it for a hacked Lv. 100 Shiny Fearow that he generated. His thought at the time was "Well, I don't need this Fearow when I can just generate a stronger one". Ha ha, he's still kicking himself for that.