PDA

View Full Version : Fairy-types Discussion

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
10-18-2013, 02:31 AM
This is for talking about the new Fairy-types introduced in X and Y. According to NPC dialogue, the Fairy-type was "recently discovered" and they're still learning how it interacts with other types. Obviously, we ourselves know the interactions, but for the sake of the story lets pretend we don't :P
Anyways, I want this to be about the specific Fairy-types and what you think of them, because I know they received quite a bit of hate :P So talk about any Fairy-types you've used and loved, used and hated, or battled against. Let's see how people's opinions have changed...

Imo, I love battling with Fleurie, my Florges. It knows Moonblast, Misty Terrain, Aromatherapy, and Magical Leaf. Very supportive, and it has good Special stats. I really love it! It can take a hit awesomely.
Battling any other Fairy-type for me has been a struggle though, because they are only weak to Poison- and Steel-type moves, so it's hard to get in a Super-effective hit :/ My Doublade finally learned Iron Head, but that's not the point... They are not easy to beat xD I think I see OU being overrun by fairies for those of you that use tiers! :P

fluffyjellyfish
10-19-2013, 05:11 PM
I must admit, i don't dislike the type or the pokemon but i do wonder what sense some of this makes. I mean in real life (and i use the term real life very losely here) if a fairy and a dragon had a fight, would the fairy win? i don't get it.

Alfier
10-20-2013, 09:46 PM
I must admit, i don't dislike the type or the pokemon but i do wonder what sense some of this makes. I mean in real life (and i use the term real life very losely here) if a fairy and a dragon had a fight, would the fairy win? i don't get it.

I guess, in japan dragons are often evil creatures, personification of power, while fairies (japanese good spirits, not just fairies as we think) have a strong bond with nature, helping humans and being good boys and such. Good win over evil, that's it. It's the same philosophy behind the fighting (the white knights, fighting for justice) beats darkness (bad guys, uh) strategy.
More or less...

ChatotTheParrot
10-21-2013, 10:11 AM
I love my Sylveon, but agree that faeries are a pain to fight. I think, overall, Sylveon will be the only Faerie type to make it onto my team.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
10-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Sylveon is pretty coo ^_^ Definitely a very defensive Pokemon, it can probably make a great wall (especially with Dragon-type immunity). I think Klefki is pretty cool, it has Prankster and gets Spikes which makes it a priority hazard layer ^_^ Its defenses aren't great, but I have a way around that...

(It's not hacking lol xD)

Cotton Candy
10-29-2013, 11:59 PM
And now we know that they are weak to steel and poison

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
10-30-2013, 01:40 AM
And now we know that they are weak to steel and poison

Which actually means Klefki and Mawile have no new weaknesses because of their typing; Steel-type makes them immune to Poison and Neutral to Steel. Thus, they only gain the benefits of Fairy-typing, which are the neutrality to Fighting, resistance to Dark (since the Type Chart changed), and the Dragon-type immunity. Pretty good deal!

fluffyjellyfish
11-01-2013, 07:07 PM
yeah, but fairy types are unaffective against fire types so all you need to do to own the mawile/kefki is bring out a fire type and they have to rely on moves which don't get a type bonus and have to take super effective hits

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-01-2013, 09:22 PM
yeah, but fairy types are unaffective against fire types so all you need to do to own the mawile/kefki is bring out a fire type and they have to rely on moves which don't get a type bonus and have to take super effective hits

Lol okay here's where that logic fails...
A) Mawile gets Rock Slide and Stone Edge, and it can OHKO a lot with neutral coverage (in Mega form), so it would easily kill a Fire-type. Klefki isn't an offensive Pokemon, btw. It is a priority spammer, as shown from its ability and moves, it wouldn't need to take damage (see part B).
B) If it's a fast Fire-type, who wouldn't switch out to a Pokemon that resists it? I know I almost always have a Flash Fire Pokemon on my team, and you won't find a team without a Water-, Fire-, or Rock-type somewhere.
C) That's like saying Gengar can't kill a Normal-type because they're immune to Ghost-type moves. Pokemon don't only get one type of move, they get a few... Fairy-types seem to get a good array of moves, too.

Rel
11-01-2013, 10:02 PM
I don't have Pokemon X or Y yet but I'm excited that there's another type now that's effective against dragon types. I remember trying to figure out how to get ice moves or dragon type moves or an ice or dragon type Pokemon to take on the dragon type gym leader/elite 4 member/champion. Now at least there's another option. I don't know, so far I like fairy types but I haven't played the new games yet. I guess I'll see how I feel when I start playing 6 Gen.

fluffyjellyfish
11-02-2013, 11:51 AM
okay i see your point :P, but i must admit, if you bring out a camarupt then that's abit harder to counter, because unless you have something like a gyarados or another flying type on your team your at least gonna take a decent hit from a ground type move and those rock type moves mawile gets won't work so well. I do get your point about the other moves though, i taught my banette thunderbolt to give him so variety and so he could take down normal types better (he knew only ghost moves and sucker punch before)

instantice
11-05-2013, 11:20 PM
only fairy types im interested in is sylveon and azumarill. but in the future there might be some awesome ones that will replace these first fairy types such as klefki.

Chronix
11-06-2013, 10:26 PM
I'm not really interested in fairy types. I can't find one with the stats and a move set that can take the place of my current team members. I taught poison jab to one of my sweepers, to counter the low defense that the majority of them have, and haven't had an issue. Although, the fairy move type is definitely worth teaching. My Alakazam knows Psychic/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Dazzling Gleam and he wrecks just about everything (Considering he has a 31 IV in Sp. Atk. and Speed).

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-07-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm not really interested in fairy types. I can't find one with the stats and a move set that can take the place of my current team members. I taught poison jab to one of my sweepers, to counter the low defense that the majority of them have, and haven't had an issue. Although, the fairy move type is definitely worth teaching. My Alakazam knows Psychic/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Dazzling Gleam and he wrecks just about everything (Considering he has a 31 IV in Sp. Atk. and Speed).

Poison Jab doesn't work on Mawile or Klefki xD

Chronix
11-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Poison Jab doesn't work on Mawile or Klefki xD

He also knows earthquake... xD

Haxorus with max IVs
Outrage
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Poison Jab

I've also found that a ghost type move is nice for fairy mix breeds. Sure, its not super effective, but with the right user, it still hits like a truck.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-07-2013, 08:48 PM
He also knows earthquake... xD

Haxorus with max IVs
Outrage
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Poison Jab

I've also found that a ghost type move is nice for fairy mix breeds. Sure, its not super effective, but with the right user, it still hits like a truck.

Mega Gardevoir outspeeds Haxorus and gets Moonblast to undoubtedly OHKO it, and if it's Scarfed I just need to switch in while you're locked into Dragon Claw. It could also never OHKO a defensive Togekiss unboosted....

Chronix
11-13-2013, 11:06 PM
while you're locked into Dragon Claw.

Don't you mean Outrage?

Also, If you were to choose Gardevoir to go Mega, I'd probably throw Mega Alakazam out. Nothing short of legendary can compare to his speed and special atk. I mean...just take a good look at it.

The Kiwi Dragon
11-14-2013, 12:00 AM
The only Fairy I'm currently using is Togekiss. Always loved the Togepi line, so for them to have their types revamped so that they can be very dangerous towards Dark, Dragon, and Fighting is a good revamp in my eyes. I'm just looking what I can put on her seeing as she has Serene Grace. And I'm liking what she does with AncientPower even though it's probably not that great. :p

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-14-2013, 12:59 AM
The only Fairy I'm currently using is Togekiss. Always loved the Togepi line, so for them to have their types revamped so that they can be very dangerous towards Dark, Dragon, and Fighting is a good revamp in my eyes. I'm just looking what I can put on her seeing as she has Serene Grace. And I'm liking what she does with AncientPower even though it's probably not that great. :p

Serene Grace with Ancient Power isn't bad, it'd get all its stats boosted if it works. I was thinking it was time for the return of... parahax and paraflinch, with Togekiss leading us with her Serene Grace spamming capabilities.