PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon X and Y Review

cuz bruh
10-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Pokemon X and Y was released on Oct. 12... almost a week ago. That means that after a week, 4.4 million copies where sold. And that means one pile of money. What haven't we seen before? Well one thing is amazing 3D graphics that are sure to stun your eyes, and the attack animations. The story is mediocre. Everything else is pretty much mediocre.

So I know this is the first time Game Freak has published work on the 3DS, well for Pokemon anyway. But think about Diamond and Pearl... that was an engaging story that gripped me all the way through playing, and there was more even after beating the main story. Remember, this was the first Pokemon game for the DS. Diamond and Pearl in my opinion is a better game. Black and White had the shortest story of all the games, and B/W 2 were, again, mediocre. Whats with Pokemon games being mediocre?

Here is the grades with a little descriptions-

Graphics 10/10
Amazingly done. This was a much needed upgrade, and boy was it a great one.

Story 4/10
The story was OK...... all that has to be said.

Sound 9/10
Sound is always great in Pokemon

Pokemonness 6/10
Its OK for a first, but still leaves a lot to be desired.

chomp-o-squirtle
10-18-2013, 12:18 PM
graphics
10/10

sound 10/10

pokemoness 9/10

story 1/2/10 it sucked

cuz bruh
10-20-2013, 05:50 PM
That sounds OK

Eevee The Umbreon
10-20-2013, 06:05 PM
at least in x and y you have none of this l.v 9 and under reshiram or zekrom on gts

Rico the Lucario
10-20-2013, 09:57 PM
at least in x and y you have none of this l.v 9 and under reshiram or zekrom on gts
Oh my god I know right!!!??? This time if you hack it your 3DS shuts down or something, right?

cuz bruh
10-21-2013, 02:41 AM
Oh my god I know right!!!??? This time if you hack it your 3DS shuts down or something, right?

no , technology hasn't gotten to that point yet. I think pretty soon thou. Its not like you can have a person watch your game fro your system... But there should be a report button, if you battle someone, and they are using maxed out Pokemon, theres a problem with that.... we have a CHEATER but AGAIN, people could be dumb and report u for whipping their butt. All these things are confusing.. lol

darkcat1
10-23-2013, 07:05 PM
there should be a filter that detects impossible pokemon and looks for things like unnatural stat changes, levels and the like

reshilegend
10-23-2013, 08:49 PM
So here's my opinion/rating on the games (if anyone cares):

Graphics: 8.9/10
Looks fantastic, but it feels unfinished. The lack of 3D in the overworld (except the caves), the bad framerate during 3D battles etc etc. This could've been improved and I really hope they'll do this with future games. The battles look great though, and that's what most people, including me, really care for. Oh and the new 3D models and the lovely pixel art that was done (PSS icons, new minisprites) deserve attention as well.

Story: 6/10
It was really nothing spectacular, but some parts were good. Not much to say here I guess.

Music/Sound: 9/10
Simply awesome. The Xerneas/Yveltal theme, Route 15, Anistair City and so on. The cries on the other hand, meh. (looking at you, can can dancing Spritzee evolution)

Multiplayer/Online: 8/10
The PSS is awesome, you can choose your Wifi battling music (although just 4 tracks) and the Safari is probably my favourite new feature. But why, Gamefreak, are there no smiley buttons when trading anymore? They went from bad trading communication to no communication. I don't think the voice chat solves that problem, as you can only do this with friends.

To sum up, this was a great game but it felt kinda short when comparing it to BW2. Wifi battles etc. will keep me busy and that's what I mainly care about when playing a new Pokemon game :p

Enough written here lol.

cuz bruh
10-27-2013, 01:58 PM
It sucks, but sucky remains sucky till a hero comes and saves the day........ I am full of randomness

Rico the Lucario
10-27-2013, 04:24 PM
No actually this time nintendo put in this sort of "chip" inside the games, which all of the hacked pokemon are missing something or have something that they are supposed/not supposed to, which activates it. it was confirmed by nintendo as far as i know.