PDA

View Full Version : Lumiose City Ghost

SantiDC4
10-30-2013, 03:13 AM
I've already read about this in the Lake Valor and Neoseeker forums, so I come to bring it to Pokebay. If you don't know by now, Gamefreak has put various cryptic messages and whatnot in Pokemon games, so this shouldn't of been a surprise. Remember the Unown signals in G/S/C? Or the Marvelous Bridge ghost girl in B/W? I do, but Anyways, back to the point.

What you wanna do first, is go to the Lumiose Station and stand behind the second timetable. It should be the one further north. Now read what is says behind it:
"Something is written on the back of the timetable. 'I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place.'"

Creepy, huh? Well now, go out out of the Station, and head all the way right. You should pass the route 14 gate, and enter the building right across from an alley. The Galette stand should be right next to it. Once inside, go to the 2nd floor. I'll save the surprise for you.

After that small encounter, go to Hotel Richissime and go up to the 4th floor. There will be a Hex Maniac in the room to the right, just like the ghost.

From what I can gather, there was a group or duo of friends, and they must've been in trouble with a gang (it's Lumiose City), or whatnot, and the girls were told to wait at 'the usual place'. I'm not sure if that is the office building, or the Hotel, but I have a theory on both.
A) the girls went to the office building, and whoever they ran from found them and killed one of them, while the other escaped to the Hotel. That's Why she's listening for the elevator, she's hiding, and the killer is probably onto her, and perhaps, it ended terribly. So one of them haunts the office floor, waiting for their 'friend' to come with help. (He/she never came apparently ) The hotel girl now haunts that floor, hiding in fear for eternity.

But Hey, that's just me. Tell me what you think down below, maybe your theory or whatnot. Happy Halloween!

SilverFire
10-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Well... that was a bit creepy. O_o But the hex maniac is in the hotel without doing the reading of the message/having the office building encounter, so I'm not convinced they're necessarily related? I mean, sure they're identical, but so are all hex maniacs, and whilst the one in the office is clearly a ghost, there's nothing to indicate the one in the hotel is anything but a normal (albeit odd) girl. <_<

I had thought the hex maniac in the hotel was a little odd when I first talked to her, but I didn't think too much of it - several of the NPCs in this game say things that seem odd to me. <_<

I hope there is more story to figure out, though. Stuff like that makes everything so much more interesting. :3

Edit: Apparently the ghost encounter is triggered even if you haven't read the secret message (I was so sure I'd visited everywhere in Lumiose city, and that therefore you needed to read the message to trigger the encounter, but no...) which means that even those two events might not be related. I haven't read any convincing reasons in my brief search for why these events should be considered related.

Nature
10-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Uggggg

SantiDC4
10-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Edit: Apparently the ghost encounter is triggered even if you haven't read the secret message (I was so sure I'd visited everywhere in Lumiose city, and that therefore you needed to read the message to trigger the encounter, but no...) which means that even those two events might not be related. I haven't read any convincing reasons in my brief search for why these events should be considered related.

Well, the message does relate to the girl, because the message is telling someone to wait for them. That ghost is definitely waiting for someone, and it's not you apparently/obviously. As for the hotel girl, I just thought they were related somehow, but like I said, that's just me. I wouldn't look too much into it though, this is probably Gamefreak's way of appealing to creepy pasta writers and others who enjoy the creepy things in games. Pretty much, they just add various little things in their games to attract various types of players. I thought this would make a great thread for Halloween on Pokebay, and also to see/read other's reactions to the ghost.

SantiDC4
10-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Uggggg

Something wrong?

Missy
10-30-2013, 09:53 PM
I, personally, love your story/explanation. I don't care if GameFreak comes out with their own story... I'll still keep yours as true in my mind. Haha.

chuwachuwa
10-30-2013, 09:54 PM
How do you know the message has anything to do with the ghost? Sure its possible but if you can go to the hotel an the ghost girl is already there then the message might not have anything to do with the ghost.

SantiDC4
10-30-2013, 10:10 PM
I, personally, love your story/explanation. I don't care if GameFreak comes out with their own story... I'll still keep yours as true in my mind. Haha.

Awe Thanks! :3

SantiDC4
10-30-2013, 10:21 PM
How do you know the message has anything to do with the ghost? Sure its possible but if you can go to the hotel an the ghost girl is already there then the message might not have anything to do with the ghost.

It doesn't have to be one before the other, since both are probably older than you and the story. Whichever you go to first, they'll both be there No matter what. Unless you can go to the past, though.

Marill
10-30-2013, 11:51 PM
Wasnt aware of this at all, Does this apply to the silver/gold generation games?

SantiDC4
10-31-2013, 12:25 AM
Wasnt aware of this at all, Does this apply to the silver/gold generation games?

Does what apply, the ghost, or the creepy factor? If you mean the creepyness, then Yeah.

fluffyjellyfish
11-01-2013, 08:51 PM
yeah, in every game but black/ white there has always been a creepy place with a ghost or something in it. By the way did anyone else every find the girl from the spooky house on that bridge in black and white? it's the same girl as the ghost in the spooky house and it makes sense considering you go back there in black 2 and white 2 after she gives you the lunar wing.