PDA

View Full Version : EV training venusaur

Echron
11-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Venusaur
I would like a Specially Defensive venusaur
Adamant nature
What EV spread would be a good idea?

I want this venusaur to be a little pest that just wont die recovering with Synthesis.

LinuxUser
11-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Venusour is more of a sp attacker then psyical but it does get some good moves.
you want evs in hp, attack and sp def then
maybe something like 252 hp, 124 attack and 128 sp def
moves: toxic, synthesis, earthquake and seed bomb
thats just how i would do it but im not to sure how that would work there a tons of different ev spreads to use

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Make sure it holds a BlackSludge for extra recovery.
In complete agreement with Will that Venusaur should go with Special Attacks, Adamant Nature for me is a no-go, especially if you want it specially defensive. However, it can actually abuse Earthquake pretty well, so it's not a complete deal-breaker. My absolute favourite annoying set for Venusaur without Sunny Day/Drought in effect is this:

Venusaur @Blacksludge
Careful Nature <---- Lowers Special Attack, Boosts Special Defense. Adamant could work just as well though
~Leech Seed
~Substitute
~Ingrain
~Earthquake
EV Spread: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SpD

I excluded Synthesis because of my dislike of it, since that seems like too little PP to me. If you prefer it, you can go with Synthesis over Ingrain instead. Substitute and Leech Seed are key to this set. If you've ever battled a SubSeeder before, you know exactly what I mean by that. Earthquake takes out Ferrothorn that would otherwise defeat this strategy (immune to Leech Seed).
There's several different sets possible, but this is just the one I personally prefer.