PDA

View Full Version : perfect breeding

instantice
11-07-2013, 04:21 PM
does perfect breeding matter for competitive play? like say for wifi battles? does it make the pokemon stronger with the right stats. if so then i need to rebreed all my pokemon...

im trying to breed a perfect froakie with modest nature. any suggestions to do this without pokemon that have 2 perfect ivs? all i got is the ones with one decent iv and keep breeding and its still with one iv for the hatched ones. i only managed to get a sp def and speed one so i shacked it up with a female with protean and HP and all im getting is still one IV pokemon. i got the destiny knot and everstone so im sooooo confused on how this works

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Get the Power Items, FS Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja, and an FS Dittos. Check the IVs on Each one to make sure they are different. Give the Frogadier the Power Item corresponding to one if its good IVs and give Ditto the Destiny Knot. The Power Item gets "seniority" over Destiny Knot, so all of Dittos IVs except for the one you try to pass from Frogadier get passed down. Hatch the egg produced and if it is a Female, keep it. With at least 3 Perfect IVs now, breed it with more FS Dittos, but reverse the hold items. Pass down all the newly-bred female's IV with the Destiny Knot and give Ditto the Power Item corresponding to the IV it needs to pass down.

This process sounds tedious, but it's actually pretty easy once you've gotten all the Power Items and you've gotten the hang of it. This is why I'm desperately hunting for a FS with Ditto in it... This is just for the first-time breeding, of course.

To answer your initial question, it kinda depends on who you play with. The fools on Smogon with tell you a Pokemon sucks without perfect IVs but perfect IVs aren't necessary if you train them well. I personally like the good IVs because it makes me feel better about them xD It does change the stats quite a bit though, an IV of 0 and an IV of 31 (highest possible) on two of the same Pokemon will really show you the difference beyond what I can explain. If you're absolutely set on winning everything, go IV breeding.

If you do choose to IV breed, FS Dittos make it easier at first, but get perfect IVs on a Male Pokemon from each egg group, so that you can breed any Pokemon perfect IVs without having to repeat that long process everytime.

SilverFire
11-07-2013, 06:45 PM
"If you do choose to IV breed, FS Dittos make it easier at first, but get perfect IVs on a Male Pokemon from each egg group, so that you can breed any Pokemon perfect IVs without having to repeat that long process everytime."

Thiiiiiiiiis. Technically you don't even need *every* egg group , given that some pokemon are in two egg groups. If you put in the work to set yourself up with the IV perfect males, you'll be laughing.

Having the ditto makes things convenient, but as long as you're using friend safari 'mons they'll still all have at least 2 perfect IVs. So unless an actual friend of yours finds out they have ditto in their safari, I wouldn't bother looking for it. People who know they've got ditto tend to be picky about who they add.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Thiiiiiiiiis. Technically you don't even need *every* egg group , given that some pokemon are in two egg groups. If you put in the work to set yourself up with the IV perfect males, you'll be laughing.
Well if Pokemon are in two Egg Groups, then I'd have every Egg Group with less Pokemon then wouldn't I? :P
IE, Togekiss covers Fairy and Flying Egg Groups, I thought that would be implied :P

The perfect IV males make it easier in the end if you breed a lot.

instantice
11-07-2013, 07:10 PM
if i had ditto i would add everyone and help people i would not be picky

SilverFire
11-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Well if Pokemon are in two Egg Groups, then I'd have every Egg Group with less Pokemon then wouldn't I? :P
IE, Togekiss covers Fairy and Flying Egg Groups, I thought that would be implied :P

In my defence, I'd only just woken up. :P But having re-read, I don't think that implications is particularly clear in your OP (not that my attempt at clarification was any better <_<).

instantice
11-07-2013, 08:01 PM
so far i got a froakie with attack, sp atk, sp def, and def. only 2 Ivs left is HP and Speed, i want HP first because its base speed is already high and i already EV train the speed and SP atk. the greninja i use now is like that and i one hit dragons and fire types with my moves but its not bred perfectly. so thats my mission today :) i will be perfect breeding aron and probably charmander as well.

instantice
11-07-2013, 10:50 PM
okay an update. i finally got a perfect bred modest with protean froakie. now the way i got it is through a female froakie i found on gts the person trading it used the notes to say it has spat HP and speed which is what i need hp and speed. so i bred that with my jap froakie and made a perfect offspring. i still need ditto from FS for an aron charmander and eevee's i want a espeon and sylveon for my team