PDA

View Full Version : Big Deal? Just a little, maybe a lot depending on if you support nonhack gen VI

ShadowPhoenix
11-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Projectpokemon.org just came out with news I ran across. I read through it and the forum that a link was attached to it. Apparently somebody has cracked the code and can create and edit new pokemon. BUT, they can't actually insert the pokemon....that is to say yet. They're working through things called checksum and all this other stuff. Wonder Trade and GTS are targets for the insertion. Thoughts, comments? Want a link?

Georgia
11-11-2013, 11:01 AM
I don't think people realize how big this really is. I think you should put up the link so people know more details on this?!

Horseless
11-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Really hope its gonna take a long time before we get hacked pokemons in gen 6. Would like that it never happend, but someone is probaly gonna win a way to do it...

Coshi360
11-11-2013, 11:02 AM
The thing about this is if people were to get past hacked pokemon destroying the game file gamefreak can patch it in an update

ShadowPhoenix
11-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Seeing how many who may see this later and how many people will disapprove of the hacks in gen VI, i've come up with a plan. I'm already on the move with it. I have created a profile on the "HQ" site, I plan on learning of the programs they're using and showing nintendo the programs so they can work off of them.

Porygon-ZZZ
11-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Seeing how many who may see this later and how many people will disapprove of the hacks in gen VI, i've come up with a plan. I'm already on the move with it. I have created a profile on the "HQ" site, I plan on learning of the programs they're using and showing nintendo the programs so they can work off of them.

Good idea... But that'd take years, plus how would you even go about getting to Nintendo/Game Freak, which is based in Japan, therefore you would have to go see the ones in Japan.

ShadowPhoenix
11-11-2013, 05:36 PM
I would email them obviously

Porygon-ZZZ
11-11-2013, 06:32 PM
I would email them obviously

And what if they didn't speak/read english? Or ignore this email? Then it'd just have been a waste of time. It's a children's game... No need to take it so seriously e_e

ShadowPhoenix
11-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Nintendo isn't monolingual. They've got different departments, some with translators most likely, allowing them to understand. Some people do care and I thought I would simply just forewarn people here in case they didn't know

Porygon-ZZZ
11-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Nintendo isn't monolingual. They've got different departments, some with translators most likely, allowing them to understand. Some people do care and I thought I would simply just forewarn people here in case they didn't know

Hmm... Good point... xD

The Kiwi Dragon
11-11-2013, 09:35 PM
And what if they didn't speak/read english? Or ignore this email? Then it'd just have been a waste of time. It's a children's game... No need to take it so seriously e_e

There is Nintendo of America...? I doubt they'd ignore something on a scale of this, but if they did, then we can't say we didn't try.
And it's not a "Children's game". It's a Video Game Dynasty that has earned Nintendo insane amounts of money. But if you don't see the need to take seriously the damage this'd cause to us players and to the developers of the games, and to protect what we all enjoy then if I was you, I'd seriously consider what I'd be doing with my life. Just because you don't care, it doesn't mean we don't have to.

Gaming Master 2000
11-11-2013, 09:49 PM
I've been keeping up with the developments at projectpokemon for a while now (not because I want to hack Pokemon, just because it's interesting to see how the game works).

It will be interesting to see how Nintendo respond to this once the checksum is calculated.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Stopping this is actually pretty easy for Nintendo if they are made aware of the issue. Project Pokemon works by changing the Internet Secondary DNS to something specific, so that you go through their servers instead of the normal GTS. All they'd have to do is patch it to not allow internet access via specific secondary DNS severs, or maybe make it mandatory to Auto-obtain the DNS when they want to go online with the game. Doing something like that wouldn't be too difficult, but the big deal is getting Nintendo completely aware of it.

They'd definitely fix it, I'd think, mostly because of the tournaments and things like that that they wouldn't want hacked.

The Kiwi Dragon
11-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Stopping this is actually pretty easy for Nintendo if they are made aware of the issue. Project Pokemon works by changing the Internet Secondary DNS to something specific, so that you go through their servers instead of the normal GTS. All they'd have to do is patch it to not allow internet access via specific secondary DNS severs, or maybe make it mandatory to Auto-obtain the DNS when they want to go online with the game. Doing something like that wouldn't be too difficult, but the big deal is getting Nintendo completely aware of it.

They'd definitely fix it, I'd think, mostly because of the tournaments and things like that that they wouldn't want hacked.

I've already emailed the legal department of Nintendo of America concerning this. :)

The Kiwi Dragon
11-11-2013, 10:22 PM
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stop-hacking-of-pokemon-x-and-y-by/

No need to email. Please just sign this petition!

Nature
11-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Defiantly need a link

Georgia
11-11-2013, 10:33 PM

Oh. Ok.

The Kiwi Dragon
11-11-2013, 10:52 PM
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Draft:Project_Pokemon_discovers_way_to_input_illeg al_Pokemon_into_Generation_6_games.

I'm not sure if the link works, but I have just created a opinion piece about it on BulbaNews. I hope that it shall be run past the editorial area and put into the official news section as an opinion piece.

ShadowPhoenix
11-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Sign our real name?

ShadowPhoenix
11-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Natural, go to projectpokemon.org or to the main part with the actual progress: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?33024-Pkx-The-New-Pokemon-Format-For-Gen-6&p=174103#post174103

The Kiwi Dragon
11-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Sign our real name?

Sign with any name you please. :)

Toira
11-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Yeah...I think if Nintendo can be more aware of the technology they are using, they can stop it easily through patches. Or at least somehow make it so that if you come across hacked pokemon via GTS, wonder trade, what have you, somehow, you are not responsible for it being hacked when obtained by trading...this seems like a good idea to me, considering sometimes we are not even aware of or have control over receiving hacked pokemon. Nintendo has money...they can overcome this technology easily. The only thing stopping them is if they care enough to actually actively go against the hackers.

SantiDC4
11-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Not sure if this is relevant, but Nintendo/GAMEFREAK already have their own way to discover any hacked Pokemon. If you look at a Pokemon's summary, it'll have a blue pentagon shape by its markers. That means it is legitimate, and any Pokemon without it is not. So it'll be easy to differentiate hacked Pokemon that arrive from PokeBank/PokeTransfer. Although, it is unknown if previous game Pokemon will have their own shape, or not, that's something we'll have to see in December. This was all explained along with the Japanese Tournament, King Of Dragons, not too long ago. There's not much they can do to stop any hacked (or generated/RNGed) Pokemon from entering, most likely because they can appear as legitimate as a caught or bred Pokemon, so their decision was to ban all Pokemon that came through PokeTransfer. To be honest, even if they manage to prevent any hacking whatsoever, which they won't, there'll always be another attempt to overthrow the system, bringing in new hacks. What they can do, is at least keep trying. We're already at Version 1.1 for X/Y, frequent patches and updates is a good start. But that, and DLC, is part of another subject, non relevant to this thread.

GaryEhffinJoaker
11-18-2013, 02:08 AM
You'll never stop hackers... Even trying to is underestimating what they can do. js...

SantiDC4
11-18-2013, 03:00 AM
You'll never stop hackers... Even trying to is underestimating what they can do. js...

Agreed, but all non-hackers can do is stay away, or simply ignore them. Not everyone in the game is a hacker, js...

The Batman
11-18-2013, 11:41 PM

Signed and passed on! I was ostracized once for my distaste for hacked/rng'ed poke on and now I am glad to see that Gen 6 is free of such nonsense only to find out that some jerks are trying to hack. Nonsense!

Everyone sign this!