PDA

View Full Version : perfect breeding

instantice
11-13-2013, 04:08 AM
this perfect breeding is taking forever. is there a faster way? ive done all the steps and im still going through like 100s of eggs to get two ivs on a pokemon then now im on the process of 3iv on it. i need 5 iv perfect pokemon and its tough.

Horseless
11-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Hey, there is another thread about it: http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?5577-Guide-to-Perfect-IV-Breeding-in-Gen-6

reshilegend
11-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Use Friend Safari Pokemon, they already have 2 perfect IVs. I usually use the power items until I get 3 and then for the 4th and 5th perfect IV I'm using destiny knot.
If you think that's a long process you probably didn't breed in 5th gen and before, THAT was tedious.

instantice
11-14-2013, 02:20 AM
Actually I used his steps but no luck... I have no dittos from friend safari and I'm trying to breed it without dittos so maybe I can get some help... I can only get Aron with sp and ark or sp and def I'm trying to get it with sp ark def then breed it with an hp then once I get all 4 Ivs I can breed it with a Aron that has spdef... But it's not working or do I need to hatch 500 eggs for this to work if so then I give up. I'm on a clock and need a perfect charmander and 2 perfect eevees. I started this thread for further help for people who don't have fs dittos because no one on this site has a fs with it. And I can't find one anywhere else across the web.... So I need to do this with out dittos. Maybe I got lucky or something but I got a perfect Iv froakie and fletchling.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Actually I used his steps but no luck... I have no dittos from friend safari and I'm trying to breed it without dittos so maybe I can get some help... I can only get Aron with sp and ark or sp and def I'm trying to get it with sp ark def then breed it with an hp then once I get all 4 Ivs I can breed it with a Aron that has spdef... But it's not working or do I need to hatch 500 eggs for this to work if so then I give up. I'm on a clock and need a perfect charmander and 2 perfect eevees. I started this thread for further help for people who don't have fs dittos because no one on this site has a fs with it. And I can't find one anywhere else across the web.... So I need to do this with out dittos. Maybe I got lucky or something but I got a perfect Iv froakie and fletchling.

I'm almost done breeding my Fairy-type team members, so in a couple of days I could try to breed you what you're looking for if you like. Over 100 Eggs seems a bit much though, I think you should plan it out step-by-step before giving up, it shouldn't take too many to get it absolutely perfect if you get dynamic about it.

1) Catch fathers in the FS. For Aron, they could be any Kanto Starter, Pupitar, Loudred, Fraxure, and Helioptile. You'll need to catch several, that way you have better chances of the fathers having different IVs.

2) Take your female Aron, and check its IVs. If it has 2 perfect already, breed it a father that has two different perfect IVs. Give one of them a Power Item for the perfect IV, and the other one gets a Destiny Knot.

3) After breeding a few, it shouldn't be long before getting 3 IVs perfect. Odds are 50% for each of the remaining stats, and there's a 20% chance for each of the Pokemon's perfect IVs being transferred thanks to the Power Item being used. I recommend using a Flame Body Pokemon in your party while trying to hatch eggs, the reduce the Egg Steps you need to hatch. You stopped at 3 IVs because Destiny Knot only transfers a max of 3 IVs from each parent, so it wouldn't be easily passed down.

4) Use a different father with that 3x31 Pokemon, try to transfer the other IVs down using the same combo, with Aron holding Destiny Knot and the father holding a Power Item.

The process honestly sounds a bit more tedious than it is, especially compared to breeding in previous gens. If not for these items, you would not have an easy shot at perfect IVs at all this gen. So, that being said... Ask away if you have any questions about any of the steps before doing them. Better to ask before you start!

cheddr
11-17-2013, 02:04 AM
I have access to a Friend Safari with Ditto in it, and can trade one to anyone that needs (no guarantees on Nature or Hidden Ability, sorry). Just PM me to let me know.