PDA

View Full Version : Team help?

Enamored
11-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Ok I want to make a team based around Azumarill but I have no idea where to start. ~_~
(I also wanted to include Roserade but idk if that would work at all) I'd be happy with a team that allows Azumarill to set up belly drum. @-@

Pokemon I have that can be trained + put into the team:

eevee, modest, anticipation (31/x/31/31/31/31)
ralts, timid, trace (31/x/31/31/31/31)
rotom, relaxed, levitate (31/x/31/31/31/31)
noibat, timid, frisk (31/x/31/31/31/31)
veniped, modest, speed boost (31/31/31/x/31/31)
honedge,brave, no guard (31/31/31/x/31/0)
dratini, jolly, marvel scale (31/31/31/x/31/31)
magikarp, adamant, rattled (31/31/x/31/31/31)
gible, jolly, rough skin (31/31/31/x/31/31)
scyther, adamant, technician (31/31/31/x/31/31)
litwick, modest, flash fire (31/x/31/31/31/31)
gastly, timid (31/x/31/31/31/31)
abra, timid, magic guard (31/x/31/31/31/31)
goomy, modest, gooey (31/x/31/31/31/31)
rotom, timid, levitate (31/x/31/31/31/31)
rotom, bold, levitate (31/x/31/31/31/31)
fletchling, jolly, gale wings (31/31/31/x/31/31)
fletchling, adamant, gale wings (31/31/31/x/31/31)
klefki, bold, prankster (31/31/31/x/31/31)
tyranitar, adamant, sand stream - 6IVs

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-15-2013, 01:45 AM
Don't feel limited to these Pokemon, you can always breed for more. Anyways, to start making a team you should decide, in general, what format it is going to follow. I, for example, build my teams in the format Spiker - Phys Sweeper - Spec Sweeper - Tank - Drainer - Cleric, and that works at perfectly for me, even on Mono Teams. My Fairy team does surprisingly well in this format! Then you choose a Pokemon, like how you chose Azumarill, and choose Pokemon that fulfill each role and have good synergy with it.
For Azumarill, you want teammates that support its weaknesses. A Ground-type would support it well, being immune to Electric. A Steel-type also supports it well, being immune to Poison and Resisting Steel. Lastly, you want something that resists Grass, such as the Roserade you want to try using (which isn't gonna be too awful this gen).
Also, in the process, consider how those Pokemon support each other. I imagine a web of synergy, where you're able to keep evasive momentum (evading powerful attacks). My team set-up is a very dynamic one - I switch out a lot, so I also appreciate Pokemon that are able to quickly regain momentum. Belly Drum Azumarill, for example, doesn't work for me because it's hard to keep defensive momentum when you're cutting your own HP. On the other hand, your team might need more offensive momentum, so Belly Drum would help a lot more.

Now, to support your Belly Drum set, you want to consider viable options. Wish supports Belly Drum users nicely, so that Azumarill, after already setting up once, can switch back in and get healed, thus making it able to Belly Drum again. You also want minimal hazards on your team, since Belly Drum alone takes half your HP. Consider Defog or Rapid Spin, depending on the type of team you choose to run. Offensive teams prefer Defog to eliminate hazards, and defensive/mixed teams prefer Rapid Spin.

I think your idea for Roserade is actually really good - It resists Electric and Grass, and most of those attacks are Special (and Roserade is good with special defense). The synergy there is also mutual, as it always is with the Grass - Water - Fire trio, meaning that Azumarill can switch in to take Fire-type moves for Roserade. Roserade, however, is frail physically, so it'l need a lot of support. I recommend a Flying-type so that you eliminate the weakness to ground, but that's all up to you.

Hope this helped ^_^

Enamored
11-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Tyyyyysm for the input and it's made me think a lot. It's really useful and when I discuss this with my lovey I'm sure he'll agree!!!! You are very kind!!!

macheagle52
11-16-2013, 03:19 AM
Something else you could consider is running a pokemon with dual screens to reduce the damage your Azumarill takes while it's setting up. Klefki comes to mind as one that could do this.