PDA

View Full Version : 6th Generation Teams

Lord Of Storms
11-18-2013, 04:58 AM
Hey everyone, i would really like to know what your competative teams are like in 6th gen, with new typings, and Mega Evolutions there is a ton of changes,

As following this is my current team, there fully ev trained and ready to go, although i do wish to replace talonflame with someone else, so any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

( i also dont use pokemon based on the "Metagame" i like to use my favorites,a and emphazise on their strengths, i also dont use legendaries, but everything else is fine.
Im also very unoriginal in names so yeah :P

1.Blaziken -Blazikenite - Adamant/Speed Boast -Nickname: Kazai ( fire in Japenese i believe )

-Protect
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-High Jump Kick

- tell me why not, as i said i love blaziken and i dont mind using it for fun, its like a time bomb with its moves

2. Gardevoir -Gardevoirite - Modest/Trace -Nickname: Sapphire

-Moonblast
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Hypnosis

-one of my personal favorites, and with a mega stone, and a fairy type, get ready to get p'wned

3. Azumarill -Kings Rock -Adamant/Huge Power -Nickname:Cupcakes

-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Superpower
-Play Rough

-okay so this is a bit of explaining, aqua jet plus ,kings rocks chance of flinch >:D mwahahha, oh an the name was from a past nuzlocke, anyway this is an overpowered monster that cannot be stopped, fear the cupcakes

4. Relicanth( shiny ) -Quick Claw -Adamant/Rock Head - Nickname: Takare ( treasure in Japenese )

-Waterfall
-Double -Edge
-Earthquake
-Head Smash

- okay so this was my very first shiny ever and i got really lucky with the ability and nature, so there was no way i wasn't using it, plus its ability, oh kill 'em, and you "relicanth" beat it ( get it you really cant beat it ) XD, now excuse me as a jump off a building...

5. Trevenant - Leftovers - Careful/Frisk - Nickname: Koi Kage (means Dark Shadow in , well you get it by now :P)

-Leech Seed
-Phantom Force
-Will O' Wisp
-Wood Hammer

this one is just awesome. but anyways its a special defensive wall named dark shadow that knows phantom force, some how reminds me of something that should be in The Legend Of Zelda, anyways i think its awesome.

6. Talonflame - Sky Plate - Serious/Flame Body Nickname: Pheonix ( was going to go with gryphon but this is the unoriginality that i mentioned)

-Fly
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Steel Wing

-this is the one i wanted to replace , i dont know im jsut not feeling it, and i already have Blaziken, i just need a powerful flying type, that can fly, seriously i must have fly on something ,it gets so annoying when i cant fly, anyways any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks for reading, and id love to hear about your teams and their stories, as i really love mine, but yeah thanks and see you around

The Kiwi Dragon
11-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Blaziken: Protect and Brave Bird are a good start, but Hi Jump Kick and Flare Blitz? You'll get great damage, but the recoil on FB and the hit/miss of HJK in my eyes aren't a great pairing. In my personal opinion Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut do nearly just as well as FB and HJK. Or I guess if you fancy it, you could mix SU with FB.

Gardevoir: A backup Mega is a fairly good idea, so good start. I like the moves you've got with it, so I think it's OK.

Azumarill: Can't really comment as I've never used Azumarill this Gen, but I have a nice Marill I was Wonder Traded, so I'll test it sometime.

Relicanth: Never been a fan of Relicanth, so I'll leave it there.

Trevenant: Again never used. Big fan of it, just never used.

Talonflame: For starters Gale Wings is far more useful than Flame Body. Keep Blaziken and get rid of this guy. I really don't see your point in Fly. You're wasting a precious moveslot for a HM that's not too flash. If it's that much of a necessity to have Fly, grab your nearest Delibird and teach it Fly, then grab it from the PC whenever needed. I've turned my Delibird from pointless Santa bird, to transportation/heart stealer. (Fly and Thief to nab Heart Scales of Luvdisc without wasting money.) As to what you should replace it with... What about a Dragon? If it's gotta have Fly then a Dragonite/Flygon/Altaria/Hydreigon/Noivern will do the job.

Georgia
11-18-2013, 08:40 AM
I have to be honest but I do love your team! :) Especially the fact that you have Blaziken and Trevenant who are beast and have great moves, I always have Blaziken on my team and I did have Trevenant on my team for awhile. But I agree with Nick that you should replace Talonflame with maybe a dragon type since Talonflame has the moves Brave Bird
and Flare Blitz exactly like Blaziken so there is no point have to pokemon in the same team with the same moves when you could replace it with a different pokemon that can do even more damage. My teams are forever changing from the fact there is so many amazing pokemon and I have a big group of my 15 main pokemon...it's hard to choose 6. :)

Lord Of Storms
11-19-2013, 06:13 AM
why wont it let me respond to this thread?
oh there it goes, it must have been my browser :P

anyways, i did not want to train up another dragonite seeing as that i already have a perfectly ev trained shiny one in 5th gen, but i do get what your saying about the priority gale wings talonflame, but i dont think i want to use one at all, its kind of there just as a flyer, but i do think that for the 6th spot im going to go for a hawlucha, i dont know why but i kinda want to for some reason :P
i think im going to go with an adamant one, with unburden holding some kind of gem ( can you get gems in x and y , if so where? thanks) and i think im going to ev it in attack, hp, and a little speed. but thanks for all your advice it is much appreciated

LinuxUser
11-20-2013, 07:27 PM
nice team :) Blaziken should have something like power up punch instead of high jump kick. no recoil and your attack will be raised.

The Kiwi Dragon
11-20-2013, 08:05 PM
nice team :) Blaziken should have something like power up punch instead of high jump kick. no recoil and your attack will be raised.

With Blaziken, it's all about hitting hard and fast. Power-Up Punch is a good move but not for Blaziken. The fact is, that before you use it multple times it's pretty average in terms of what damage it gives due to not so great Power plus STAB, sure it raises Attack, but the light amount of damage it'd do to opponents would leave you open to opponents when Blaziken has the power to knock them out.
However using Hi-Jump Kick or Sky Uppercut gives you good Power, plus STAB. Hi-Jump Kick has the hit/miss and recoil if you miss aspect which is what puts a lot of people off using it including myself, because I used it in VGC13 this year, and Hi-Jump Kick would be worse for missing that my Rotom-W's Hydro 'Miss' (Hydro Pump). Sky Uppercut with Blaziken will at least allow you to have decent damage from it's good Power and STAB. The fact is, the measly amount of damage Blaziken does with Power-Up Punch is not worth it when you could cripple or OHKO your opponent with Sky Uppercut and/or Hi-Jump Kick

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-21-2013, 03:57 AM
A lot of this was said before, but I'll say it again.

Talonflame should really have Gale Wings if you're using it. If you want to keep it, Gale Wings would be a better choice and is actually an amazing counter to Blaziken and other Fighting-types. Particularly Blaziken though, as Blaziken's Speed Boosts don't matter with Brave Bird getting the priority from Gale Wings.

Trevenant can be an amazing wall if you use it/set it up correctly. Harvest is more useful than Frisk, as it allows you to spam Sitrus Berries. A Sub-Seed set works amazingly with Sitrus Berry harvesting, so I'd also give it Substitute, Leech Seed, Phantom Force, and Will-O-Wisp. That thing is annoying hard to damage if you don't have a Super-Effective move quickly.

Mega Gardevoir surprisingly hasn't been very good for me. I think it's just too slow, because it gets easily outsped and I've been OHKOd by neutral physical attacks. Honestly, I think Gardevoir is more suited to being a Tank this gen, as it has the Fairy-type now to go along with it's amazing special defense.

Superpower ends your sweep early, so I've never liked it on Azumarill. King's Rock isn't really worth the Item slot imo unless your strategy is Para-Flinching, or something of the sort, and Azumarill obviously isn't a Para-Flincher.

Relicanth... is okay in theory. I has fair defense and HP, but honestly it's other stats really aren't fantastic. QuakeEdge is such good coverage that I think you should use it with Relicanth, especially since Stone Edge is a good STAB move.

Lord Of Storms
11-23-2013, 03:54 AM
yeah im just kind of experimenting with this team, but i also want it to be kind of fun so thats why i have kings rock with aqua jet azumarill, its won me a game or two so far, just by flinching plus if its able to outspeed it has waterfall, and ill use substitute im just looking for the time to pick it up, i know it has to be a certain day and time so im just waiting for that, and im finsihing up hawlucha right now so hes almost done, any moveset recommendations for him, with the unburden ability holding a power herb, with an adamant nature? thanks

Lord Of Storms
11-23-2013, 05:33 AM
im also considering switching mega gardevoir with meage gengar but im not sure, they can have similar movesets, and it seems as genger is faster, and has better defenses

The Kiwi Dragon
11-23-2013, 08:41 AM
im also considering switching mega gardevoir with meage gengar but im not sure, they can have similar movesets, and it seems as genger is faster, and has better defenses

Depends really. I love/hate Mega Gengar because of it's Speed/Special Attack boost. But then I've found that 1 earthquake tears straight through it.

Lord Of Storms
11-23-2013, 09:27 PM
yeah because it loses its levitate ability, but currently im masuda methoding a shiny timid one, with a japenese ditto with perfect ivs holding a destony knot, but ill see how that goes...

k0no
11-26-2013, 07:57 PM
herp derp.

well i'm not a competitive player, but i do want to get the best from my pokemon.

as such, i don't bother breeding, and i tend to simply search around until i get something closest to my needs. here's the team:

1 - Kangaskhan + Mega Stone

2) Scizor + mega stone

3) Alakazam + mega stone (seeing a theme here?)

4) Mawile + mega stone

5) Gengar + Mega stone

6) Starmie + King's Rock

i favour quick, hard-hitting pokes (always have) and i'm throwing competitive item choices out the window in order to have some choice each battle as to what i want to MEGA evolve. it changes from game to game. i tend to go for Kangaskhan most times, but often i'll dip into a Scozir mega-evolution for some sweeping VS a psychic team or whatever.

it's all fun. i'm not playing to win tournaments, just having a laugh and getting the most fun out of mega evolutions (which i think are great, and we need more different ones!)

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-26-2013, 10:47 PM

? Gengar is a glass cannon; its fast and powerful, but one good unboosted neutral hit will hurt it a lot, whereas Mega Gardevoir has great special defense and can take a hit. As an offensive poke I dislike it, I would rathernuse it as a supporter in double battles, but it is surely bulkier than Mega Gengar and if you Baton Pass it justnone speed boost she can easily sweep through entire teams with psyshock and her immense special movepool. Gengar on the other hand is weak to common attacking types and really has no advantage other than shadow tag, an ability which i consider less useful now with infestation being readily available via TM.

Lol anyways, my point is that Gengar will die much faster than gardevoir xD

Lord Of Storms
12-01-2013, 08:40 PM
all i know is that i have around 540 timid gastlys with many decent ivs and yet no shiny, if any one wants one just let me know, and let me know your shiny expierences with the masuda method, because breeding gets quite tiresome, im on day 8 with about 540 hatched eggs, thanks

mylololz
12-08-2013, 04:30 AM
herp derp.

well i'm not a competitive player, but i do want to get the best from my pokemon.

as such, i don't bother breeding, and i tend to simply search around until i get something closest to my needs. here's the team:

1 - Kangaskhan + Mega Stone

2) Scizor + mega stone

3) Alakazam + mega stone (seeing a theme here?)

4) Mawile + mega stone

5) Gengar + Mega stone

6) Starmie + King's Rock

i favour quick, hard-hitting pokes (always have) and i'm throwing competitive item choices out the window in order to have some choice each battle as to what i want to MEGA evolve. it changes from game to game. i tend to go for Kangaskhan most times, but often i'll dip into a Scozir mega-evolution for some sweeping VS a psychic team or whatever.

it's all fun. i'm not playing to win tournaments, just having a laugh and getting the most fun out of mega evolutions (which i think are great, and we need more different ones!)

huh!?!?

Why 5 mega's if you can only use 1 per battle!?

The Kiwi Dragon
12-08-2013, 09:42 PM
huh!?!?

Why 5 mega's if you can only use 1 per battle!?

Because k0no wants to have various options when it comes to Mega Evolving.