PDA

View Full Version : Battle Analyzer

SantiDC4
11-29-2013, 09:34 PM
http://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-x-and-y-battle-analyzer.358270/

Jesus Christ, I'm fine with InstaCheck, and whatever new PokeGen comes along, but this monstrosity has got to go.
GAMEFREAK, we need more patches/encryption, NOW.

The Kiwi Dragon
11-29-2013, 10:04 PM
This is a joke... A program to see what moves your opponent is using?!
Thanks to those hacking lowlifes, now competitive battling is going to be ruined by imbeciles who can't rely on their skills in battle and need to use a computer to win.
I'm so emailing this to Nintendo...

SantiDC4
11-29-2013, 10:16 PM
You don't have to, Nick, GF and Nintendo already know. They shut down Rating battles earlier this week I think, and everyone should get an Error Code 004-3003. This application has already spread to Japan, and everyone there is using it, all we can do is just wait. Hopefully Nintendo will fully encrypt every wireless communication like they did to the GTS, but that could also ruin the chances of a PokeGen, meh.

SantiDC4
11-30-2013, 03:11 AM
Please don't tell me that this is going to **** up pokemon X and Y.

If you care about online battling, then yeah, it's already screwed.

Disentary Element
11-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Then this will totally screw up the pokebay league if it does happen...

SantiDC4
11-30-2013, 03:44 AM
I'm sure no one here uses it, and if they do, it would be obvious. I was in a battle earlier where a Japanese guy kept switching out when I used super effective moves, even when I used Toxic, he switched to a Poison type, somehow knowing what I was planning.

Disentary Element
11-30-2013, 03:58 AM
Mmm well those idiots who use this know very damn well that they are cheating.

SantiDC4
11-30-2013, 04:02 AM

I doubt they care, but as I said, all we can do is wait for Nintendo to get their stuff together and come up with a solution.

Disentary Element
11-30-2013, 04:29 AM
I hope so because this sickens me...

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-30-2013, 04:34 AM
Just screw them back - take forever chopsing your attack and if they don't choose beforr you, they'll be quitting and you'll still win. Of course, only do that if you suspect them, otherwise you ruin a perfectly good battle.

This is beyond acceptable though, at least pokemon that were hacked beyond belief couldn't grt into wifi but this is insane. I'm sure it'll all be fixed though, nowthat nintendo has the ability to apply patches to fix these things.

LinuxUser
11-30-2013, 05:05 AM
They need to fix this fast. This might ruin wifi battles :(

SantiDC4
11-30-2013, 05:10 AM
They need to fix this fast. This might ruin wifi battles :(

It already has, they shut down Rating Battles because of it

Georgia
11-30-2013, 08:02 AM

The cheaters are just showing us that they suck so much, that they need to cheat when it wont get them anywhere. If they were smart, they would use their brains and play normally and use the rules, like how the game should be played. The idiots should think about how much it will effect everyone else...instead of thinking about themselves and pissing everyone off by using this Battle Analyzer . It proves they are not true pokemon fans when what they are really doing is screwing Pokemon X and Y.

SantiDC4
11-30-2013, 08:34 AM
I'm surprised none of you knew about this before, but I'm glad I brought it here.

SantiDC4
11-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Mhh. http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-bricking-rumor.284730/

SantiDC4
11-30-2013, 08:49 AM
So, any ideas on how this can be stopped? I remember a post on 4Chan, with a really good one, but I'll have to find the link.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
11-30-2013, 03:08 PM
It can be stopped easily, that's really not the problem. Like the article you posted says, it's more of a legal issue than an issue of npt knowing what to do. They could be sued for a lot if your device or game is ruined purposely by these things, because legally nintendo has no right to do that. My theory is that since it is based in Japan, they may be able to get around the American and British laws regarding that, so we may possibly see that new patch!
I hope the new patch has two things though. It needs to stop hacking, but also needs to have something that would make hackers need to download it. It would have to be another glitch that they patch up, because that's the only incentive I can think of to make people download the patch. Another possibility is that the older software could be banned from wifi until they download the patch with new software, which would also happen to stop hacking.

SantiDC4
11-30-2013, 08:21 PM
I couldn't agree more, Glalie. Messing with your device remotely, may be illegal in some cases, but it would be easier if they stopped any communications from it, like an unpaid phone bill. Playing online is a service, and a free one at that. I'm not saying they should monetize it, but if there's any unusual communication between an external application, such as the battle analyzer, and the 3DS system, they can sure as hell pick it up on their servers and choose to ban the user from using the Wi-Fi services. I'm sure this might also ruin InstaCheck for some people, but that's a small sacrifice for a bigger cause. Another thing, we could use a feature that allows us to report users on the PSS. You don't know how many imbeciles I've seen there with profane messages, and offensive names. Even some Wonder Trade Pokemon have had offensive nicknames. So if they ever patch/update X & Y, they should add this, and include the shut down of online services if found cheating, but only in the terms and agreements, to avoid careful hackers and potential misinformation lawsuits. Another idea I found on 4Chan, if the 3DS sends a package to the other system during a battle, to let the game know that it picked a move, can't they just make two packages, and to signal that a move was made, and the second containing the actual move? Think about it, Battle Analyzer takes in that package and reads the contents, but if we had a decoy, they'd have to wait until both players moved, to see the original package.