PDA

View Full Version : Competitive Pokemon?

SantiDC4
12-01-2013, 04:58 AM
>Gets in a Wi-Fi battle
>Opponent has Aegislash, Talonflame, and Garchomp
>Enters next battle
>Another set of Smogonsword, Smogonbird, and Greninja
>Enter another battle
>Same Smogonsword, Smogonfrog, and a Smogonchicken
>Rage quits

I know people enjoy competitive battles, but it really irritates me when everyone uses Smogonbird, Smogonsword, and Smogonfrog, just to name a few. Out of about 500 or so available Pokemon in X/Y, why are those the only ones I usually see? I don't care if Smogon says it's good, I use any Pokemon I like. Now I understand, there's some people that actually like Aegislash, not for its competitiveness, but because they just like it, but others are just annoying, because everyone on Free Battles has a Smogonmon. This is a rant btw .-. Explain to me why they are "OU".

Grey Fullbuster
12-01-2013, 05:09 AM
Aegislash is OU because of its ability Stance change make offensive and defensive and king shield harshly fell the Attack Very good attck and defense
Talonflame Gale Wings move like Roost and Brave Bird have +1 in speed priority
Greninja Protean make a stab for every move he have and change his type
Blaziken Speed Boost after 6 turn his speed is X 4
Those Pokemon are very strong and can't be countered easily

SantiDC4
12-01-2013, 05:24 AM
Thanks Yveltal. And I could easily counter them with my Pokemon, especially Aegislash. You just gotta' know the right strategy. :p but still, I'd love to see a variety of teams based on preference, not just because they're "good". Each to his own I guess.

SakataKun
12-01-2013, 05:30 AM
I use Pokemons i like on my teams.

Not smogonmon.

SantiDC4
12-01-2013, 05:37 AM

I don't mean to bash on those that go by Smogon rules, but this is a bit true.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
12-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks Yveltal. And I could easily counter them with my Pokemon, especially Aegislash. You just gotta' know the right strategy. :p but still, I'd love to see a variety of teams based on preference, not just because they're "good". Each to his own I guess.

My derpy Quagsire is a pure counter to Talonflame and Aegislash. He traps them when they try to set up, since they always underestimate him. Swords Dance means nothing against Unaware Pokemon though, so I spam Scald to try burning them while they're trapped and they alwaya get defeated because they are trappednin that BurnFestation trap, to use a Smogon term.

Lol I like that the same Pokemon get used a lot though, because that means you always know what you're gonna face and figure out how to counter it! That's how I thought of using Unaware Pokemon, and Quagsire is so fun I had to use him xD If you notice a lot of Greninja, just pack Pokemon with Mold Breaker and a good Electric or Fighting move to take it down.

Lol and since you don't need to follow Smogon rules in the real game, you can use evil strategies like Evasive Walls and Moody Octillery, because those rules aren't justified in any way. If those rules weren't made, I guarantee most Pokemon would be used equally.

Grey Fullbuster
12-04-2013, 01:27 AM
My derpy Quagsire is a pure counter to Talonflame and Aegislash. He traps them when they try to set up, since they always underestimate him. Swords Dance means nothing against Unaware Pokemon though, so I spam Scald to try burning them while they're trapped and they alwaya get defeated because they are trappednin that BurnFestation trap, to use a Smogon term.

Lol I like that the same Pokemon get used a lot though, because that means you always know what you're gonna face and figure out how to counter it! That's how I thought of using Unaware Pokemon, and Quagsire is so fun I had to use him xD If you notice a lot of Greninja, just pack Pokemon with Mold Breaker and a good Electric or Fighting move to take it down.

Lol and since you don't need to follow Smogon rules in the real game, you can use evil strategies like Evasive Walls and Moody Octillery, because those rules aren't justified in any way. If those rules weren't made, I guarantee most Pokemon would be used equally.

Protean don't get blocked by Mold Breaker
And Me too I hate the Smogon rules. Man, Moody Smeargle + Shell Smash + Baton Pass Its awesome I'm just telling those are Good. Every pokemon can be counter.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
12-05-2013, 02:54 AM
And Me too I hate the Smogon rules. Man, Moody Smeargle + Shell Smash + Baton Pass Its awesome I'm just telling those are Good. Every pokemon can be counter.

Exactly! Especially smeargle, since he can copy any move! The most powerful moves, spammed by none other than Smeargle!
People also get frustrated whwn a pokemon isn't OU, they just get mad because we're not predictable like them. Whenever I see something odd, I always congradulate the person xD lol I really do... I got tanked by a Sigilyph and I realized how evil even he can be, given the chance to set up.

LinuxUser
12-05-2013, 03:05 AM

I ended up getting tanked by maractus :p it used cotton guard and spammed accupressure which raised its evainess...

Grey Fullbuster
12-05-2013, 03:08 AM
Exactly! Especially smeargle, since he can copy any move! The most powerful moves, spammed by none other than Smeargle!
People also get frustrated whwn a pokemon isn't OU, they just get mad because we're not predictable like them. Whenever I see something odd, I always congradulate the person xD lol I really do... I got tanked by a Sigilyph and I realized how evil even he can be, given the chance to set up.

Every need his chance Diggersby his an awesome pokemon He have Huge Power + Sword Dance Mega Kankashkan( Whatever her name is) Power-Up Punch,Sucker Punch, Return + Parental Bond... Who told that Pokemon was useless ?

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
12-05-2013, 03:45 AM
Every need his chance Diggersby his an awesome pokemon He have Huge Power + Sword Dance Mega Kankashkan( Whatever her name is) Power-Up Punch,Sucker Punch, Return + Parental Bond... Who told that Pokemon was useless ?

Actually i've seen those a lot, they're not rare for Smogon people on PS. To counter Kanghaskhan I use SubSeed Trevenant, and for Diggersby is use Water Shurkien (since he usually packs Quick Attack)

Grey Fullbuster
12-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Actually i've seen those a lot, they're not rare for Smogon people on PS. To counter Kanghaskhan I use SubSeed Trevenant, and for Diggersby is use Water Shurkien (since he usually packs Quick Attack)

I didn't know