PDA

View Full Version : Possible OU after PokeBank Releases?

SakataKun
12-21-2013, 12:10 AM
I can see a good amount of pokes being OU now. (Specially new ones). Or UBERS/UU. Becoming OU too. This are for me the possibles new OU this gen.

Eviolite Doublade.
Aegislash.
Greninja.
Mawile.
Charizard.
Venusaur.
Talonflame
Meowstic-M.
Klefki
Speed Boost Scolipede
Alakazam
Clawiterz
Blastoise
HA Dragalge.
Whimiscott
Togekiss
Florges

What are your thoughts?

reshilegend
12-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Let's see..
Clawitzer is sadly very slow, so your best bet is using the choice scarf set. Not sure if this thing is going to be as good as other special sweepers, so my guess is UU.
Idk about Meowstic, as I don't see it being used to often and don't know much about the strategy of it. I guess it could be a decent dual screener for OU?
HA Dragalge will be amazing once it gets released. Much better than Poison Point, it has a ton of potential with this ability!
I agree with the rest of the list, they all seem like they'll be used kinda often. Another worthy OU candidate would be Mandibuzz, it's so good in Gen 6 with Defog and Overcoat. I'm currently EVing one hehe.

SakataKun
12-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Let's see..
Clawitzer is sadly very slow, so your best bet is using the choice scarf set. Not sure if this thing is going to be as good as other special sweepers, so my guess is UU.
Idk about Meowstic, as I don't see it being used to often and don't know much about the strategy of it. I guess it could be a decent dual screener for OU?
HA Dragalge will be amazing once it gets released. Much better than Poison Point, it has a ton of potential with this ability!
I agree with the rest of the list, they all seem like they'll be used kinda often. Another worthy OU candidate would be Mandibuzz, it's so good in Gen 6 with Defog and Overcoat. I'm currently EVing one hehe.

A plus of Clawiterz is Shell Smash+Aura Sphere boostes for Mega Launcher.
Mandibuzz is indeed awesome with defog, being a better destroyer of entry hazard than Excadrill.
Meowstic-M is the one I see being good Dual Screener thanks to Prankster and decent defenses, but being outclassed totally by Klefki.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
12-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Meowstic is terrible, I see it being RU. Even Liepard can outclass it outside of Dual Screen support.
Klefki is amazing, he has dozens of viable sets that abuse his ability perfectly, and he can even use his signature move, Fairy Lock, to trap in enemies.
Mega Gengar will be OU after Pokebank for one reason: Perish Trapping. With Shadow Tag, it just needs to switch in on something, anything, and use Perish Song. I see it working well against walls mostly, such as Blissey, since it's a glass cannon.
I dislike Eviolite Doublade because No Guard has no use on Doublade in almost any scenario, unless you're playing against an evasive wall, which is forbidden in OU. It's ability would be deadweight, thus making it useless.
Talonflame is good, I admit, but I can counter it so easily it's ridiculous. OU, but not very high OU
What kills Mawile is her terrible HP, which is important to a bulky attacker. High UU
Florges' only means of recovery is Wish + Protect, a combo that easily induces 4mss, not to mention it is weak to Bullet Punch and has two abilities that are absolutely useless in single battles. RU or maybe UU if it gets lucky.
Dragalge is more special-oriented, and it gets STAB for Sludge Bomb and Dragon Pulse, but most fairy types are specially defensive, soooooo idk, it doesn't have very beautiful coverage imo I say high UU
Heliolisk was made for weather teams, seriously amazing poke. Dry skin, Parabolic Charge, and Glare make him an amazing poke on doubles rain teams. Outside of that, hos only niche is Glare, which isn't extremely useful, so I say UU since it's stats are alright, but this thing should really be reserved for weather teams.
Togekiss is back and more amazing than ever! With her new type, paraflinch is officially viable again and it works beautifully. Her bulk makes her hard to even dent, and after she's got you flinching, you're done. She can also recover with Roost, which can be strategicly used to eliminate her electric and ice weakness. Way OU for sure..
Clawitzer has a major nuke, in that it has a wonderful ability and movepool, but it's other stats suck. It is basically forced to be scarfed, and it still gets outsped majorly with a scarf, low UU
Mandibuzz is pretty awesome, but flying isn't a good defensove typing at all, she's weak to Fairy, Electric, Ice, and Rock, which are pretty common attacking types. Her use depends on the team, since she would need really good synergy, so maybe low OU but I cant see her being common.
I might nlow up if Quagsire is not OU, Unaware makes him fantastic against boosting sweepers like Aegislash and Talonflame, and the new burnFestation combo is amazing and suits him nicely thanks to Scald. He also has Recover, so he makes a great physical wall once something is burned. His only nukes are low Speed and laughable special d, so he needs some good synergy to be used effectively, but he works amazingly on my teams ^^

Furfrou gets an honourable mention from me, Fur Coat is a great ability, giving Furfrou the ability to tank really effectively. His problem is really that disposable tanks, lacking recovery, aren't usually worth the inevitable deadweight they'll cause, so it's extremely situational.

SakataKun
12-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Meowstic is terrible, I see it being RU. Even Liepard can outclass it outside of Dual Screen support.
Klefki is amazing, he has dozens of viable sets that abuse his ability perfectly, and he can even use his signature move, Fairy Lock, to trap in enemies.
Mega Gengar will be OU after Pokebank for one reason: Perish Trapping. With Shadow Tag, it just needs to switch in on something, anything, and use Perish Song. I see it working well against walls mostly, such as Blissey, since it's a glass cannon.
I dislike Eviolite Doublade because No Guard has no use on Doublade in almost any scenario, unless you're playing against an evasive wall, which is forbidden in OU. It's ability would be deadweight, thus making it useless.
Talonflame is good, I admit, but I can counter it so easily it's ridiculous. OU, but not very high OU
What kills Mawile is her terrible HP, which is important to a bulky attacker. High UU
Florges' only means of recovery is Wish + Protect, a combo that easily induces 4mss, not to mention it is weak to Bullet Punch and has two abilities that are absolutely useless in single battles. RU or maybe UU if it gets lucky.
Dragalge is more special-oriented, and it gets STAB for Sludge Bomb and Dragon Pulse, but most fairy types are specially defensive, soooooo idk, it doesn't have very beautiful coverage imo I say high UU
Heliolisk was made for weather teams, seriously amazing poke. Dry skin, Parabolic Charge, and Glare make him an amazing poke on doubles rain teams. Outside of that, hos only niche is Glare, which isn't extremely useful, so I say UU since it's stats are alright, but this thing should really be reserved for weather teams.
Togekiss is back and more amazing than ever! With her new type, paraflinch is officially viable again and it works beautifully. Her bulk makes her hard to even dent, and after she's got you flinching, you're done. She can also recover with Roost, which can be strategicly used to eliminate her electric and ice weakness. Way OU for sure..
Clawitzer has a major nuke, in that it has a wonderful ability and movepool, but it's other stats suck. It is basically forced to be scarfed, and it still gets outsped majorly with a scarf, low UU
Mandibuzz is pretty awesome, but flying isn't a good defensove typing at all, she's weak to Fairy, Electric, Ice, and Rock, which are pretty common attacking types. Her use depends on the team, since she would need really good synergy, so maybe low OU but I cant see her being common.
I might nlow up if Quagsire is not OU, Unaware makes him fantastic against boosting sweepers like Aegislash and Talonflame, and the new burnFestation combo is amazing and suits him nicely thanks to Scald. He also has Recover, so he makes a great physical wall once something is burned. His only nukes are low Speed and laughable special d, so he needs some good synergy to be used effectively, but he works amazingly on my teams ^^

Furfrou gets an honourable mention from me, Fur Coat is a great ability, giving Furfrou the ability to tank really effectively. His problem is really that disposable tanks, lacking recovery, aren't usually worth the inevitable deadweight they'll cause, so it's extremely situational.

Nice points there! But remenber, M-Gengar is banned from OU.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
12-23-2013, 04:30 AM
Ooh I forgot to mention this guy: Zangoose. Im gonna do a mini analysis..

Pros:
●Gets Toxic Boost and STAB Facade
●Great base 115 Atk with fair base 90 Spe
●Decent physical movepool
●Normal type only has one weakness, and it grants an immunity to Ghost
●Toxic Boost lets it absorb Toxic from Blissey and switch onto toxic spikes
●Sticky Web lets it outspeed a fair amount of the game

Cons:
●Normal type is terrible offensively
●Hard to get in thanks to Normal type and not-so-good bulk
●Relies on Toxic Boost for offense, meaning he needs major Wish support to last
●Outsped without Sticky Web, so it limits team building and is hurt by Defog/Rapid Spin

Zangoose @Toxic Orb
Trait: Toxic Boost
○Facade
○Fling
○Close Combat
○Night Slash
Adamant or Jolly Nature
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe

This set has major potential. Get Sticky Web up first, and then Zangoose has sweeping potential. Nature depends on how important Speed is to you, I go Jolly. If you hit something neutrally, use Facade - Its base power is 140 when poisoned, and Zangoose gets STAB for it, and this is coming from base 115 attack. Night Slash hits Ghost types which are otherwise a problem. Close Combat is for Steel and Rock types that would resist his other attacks. Fling is to dump the Toxic Orb onto other pokes, but you could also run a coverage move such as X Scissor, which I prefer since other pokes on my teams have Toxic.

The most obvious counter in OU is a Flying or Levitating pokemon, notably Talonflame and Gengar, being that its viability for OU is only due to Sticky Web. It is also easily walled, thanks to Toxic Boost being a necessity, so you must choose teammates that can easily break walls like Ferrothorn that just won't die..

reshilegend
12-23-2013, 02:46 PM
A plus of Clawiterz is Shell Smash+Aura Sphere boostes for Mega Launcher.

Doesn't get Shell Smash, which is a real shame.

Slap a choice band on it and even physical walls won't enjoy taking hits. I don't think it has many counters, and you can simply predict the switch into e.g. a Tyranitar and go for U-turn. Coupled with the right RS/ Defog support this thing is a monster. Definitely high OU, lol. I think it was #1 of the used Pokes in PS, which doesn't say a lot at this point, but I can see it being used fairly often even in the future.

The speed is Mawile's biggest flaw. Thankfully, it has access to Sucker Punch and also Sub, which can be very useful but you have to give up a moveslot (e.g. for Fire Fang). Personal preference I guess.

True, but wait until Adaptability Dragalge gets released. Might push it to OU :)

It's also an amazing Rotom-W counter! That's a really important factor imo.

Chomp counter #1 :D

Lol this thing sounds good on paper, but in reality it kinda does suck. Adaptability M-Lucario says hi xD
It's an awesome Poke nonetheless.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
12-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Slap a choice band on it and even physical walls won't enjoy taking hits. I don't think it has many counters, and you can simply predict the switch into e.g. a Tyranitar and go for U-turn. Coupled with the right RS/ Defog support this thing is a monster. Definitely high OU, lol. I think it was #1 of the used Pokes in PS, which doesn't say a lot at this point, but I can see it being used fairly often even in the future.

The speed is Mawile's biggest flaw. Thankfully, it has access to Sucker Punch and also Sub, which can be very useful but you have to give up a moveslot (e.g. for Fire Fang). Personal preference I guess.

Lol this thing sounds good on paper, but in reality it kinda does suck. Adaptability M-Lucario says hi xD
It's an awesome Poke nonetheless.

True, but if it's Banded all I need is a physical wall that is Steel type, or even Ferrothorn. Physically defensive Ferrothorn takes the hit from a CB Talonflame, and does major damage by adding to the recoil, forcing her out or forcing her to faint from recoil damage. With Stealth rocks up, that bird has a tough time coming in and out. 3 switch-ins max if you don't take any other damage and have an odd HP stat (2 If not). Idk, definitely OU, but she has her counters.

Speed or HP would've been Mawile's saving grace. If you run Sub it's usually easy to take down because of the low HP thing, unless you pass her a bulkier sub, and to curb her speed is really tough and probably not worth it. Sucker Punch kinda starts to make up for it, but against other priority it fails usually. She's tough to use. She could actually countr CB Talonflamr too, resisting Brave Bird and then using Stone Edge.

Lol if Furfrou could have a recovery move, it would be amazing as a physical wall. It also has Baby Doll Eyes and Cotton Guard to act as a boosting wall. But like you said, things like M Lucario will break right through him