PDA

View Full Version : Possible new shiny method?

Voltaradragoness
12-21-2013, 07:48 AM
I got one shiny and didn't save. After that i got like 4 other shinies extremely quick. A new method maybe?

Qrow Branwen.
12-21-2013, 03:42 PM
What did you do ?

Voltaradragoness
12-21-2013, 04:01 PM
i was in friend safari and i did that

Moist Mewtwo
12-21-2013, 04:43 PM
I haven't had any luck with that at all

Voltaradragoness
12-21-2013, 06:53 PM
i was at it for about a day. Just requires patience

Bechorath
12-21-2013, 09:01 PM
It's more likely you simply got lucky. Also, friend safaris have an increased chance of finding shinies. I would hate to find a shiny and give it up to try this method.

Voltaradragoness
12-21-2013, 09:33 PM
true but maybe thats why it's a method and a good one. Cause it's a risk

Nikkoz
01-07-2014, 05:15 AM
there is a method called "the eric method" where all you do is run from pokemon in the safari. Worked for me. its like chain fishing because the pokemon encounter limit you have make the same pokemon chain itself.

Inky
01-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Nah, your chances of finding a shiny in the Friend Safari are reduced to 1/2000 ish, the same as MM. So because you don't have to hatch eggs, it's way quicker than almost any other method apart from Chaining (and safer/easier than that)

Finding a shiny and not saving isn't going to increase your chances at all, the game wipes it's data every time you turn off minus the stuff you save. So if you turn off with your freshly caught shiny, when you turn back on the game is going to act like you never even saw a shiny let alone caught one. :P So yeah... sorry...

KillerConall
01-14-2014, 11:53 PM
I prefer to MM my shinies because I have had multiple shinies that have been extremely bad stat wise and it is just saddening to have it sat there being only useful for trade bait.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-15-2014, 12:56 AM
I prefer to MM my shinies because I have had multiple shinies that have been extremely bad stat wise and it is just saddening to have it sat there being only useful for trade bait.

Same, that's why I never liked chaining. A got a shiny Geodude from a Horde in Terminus Cave, but the nature and IVs were terrible. I like the idea better of breeding MM. In fact, there are lot of people on this site from different countries, if you breed perfect IV Pokes and exchange IV breeding for shinies will be a snap.

Also, what Inky said above me is the reason I wouldn't go for this method. The game doesn't have a memory like we do, it's more like a word doc. If you save it and close it, everything will be there, but if you don't save everything is gone (After the last time you saved, that is).

Zeref the Dark
01-29-2014, 06:35 PM
i chained 3 shinies in friend safari after getting shiny charm but i have yet to find one in the safari over 3ivs

Itachi
02-03-2014, 03:08 PM
I have gotten many shinys from there as well by using that method it works it just requires a lot of time. Usually i just watch tv while i look :3