PDA

View Full Version : New Poke Opinions

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
12-22-2013, 07:56 PM
We've had a good amount of time sincr the release of the game to play around with the new Pokemon, so I feel like now, right before Pokebank, is an appropriate time to ask everyone's opinions on the new Pokemon! I have lots of opinions to talk about, being that I've tested nearly every Pokemon on PS, and I want to hear other people's ^^ Also share any sets you've had success with, any pokes that really failed you, and any other opinions you wanna share!

Tyrantrum is pretty cool, Strong Jaws suits a T-Rex perfectly and he really has the moves to use it. He even grts Dragon Dance, and he becomes a fearsome sweeper after 2 boosts, only stopped by Ice Shard. I love this thing..

Heliolisk is among my favourites, Dry Skin is great and he was just born for double battles with his moves, and he has two signature moves, whkch is pretty cool too. His design is also just awesome, and im happy they made him Normal instead of Dragon.

Soo comment away ^^

Nodmei Reelnaim
12-30-2013, 12:10 PM
I actually love all the new Pokemon except for Diggersby, Aromatisse/Spritzee and Delphox

Porygon-ZZZ
12-30-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm quite impressed with some of the new pokemon. Especially Mega Mawile. Now, it isn't an exact new pokemon, however, it's new type & Boosted stats in it's Mega form, make it a force you don't wanna see on the field with full health. It can be of brilliant use in Double battles, & triple (if you have her in the center) with Rock Slide hurting all the opponents. Or, go for a casual Sucker Punch to hit the opponent first (Especially if that opponent is an Alakazam.). She has served very well in my Sandstorm team & I'm not replacing her anytime soon :p Well, apart from when I breed one with better IV's xD

Baby Koga
12-30-2013, 03:32 PM
There are a lot of new pokemon I really like, but I think Gourgeist is definitely my fave! She has some really unique accessable moves and can perform a few different roles in one's team. I've also taken a shine to klefki. Haven't raised one yet, but battled plenty of them and they are sure to cause trouble.

The Kiwi Dragon
12-30-2013, 07:48 PM
6th Gen has been the best so far. Got some really nice Pokemon to use this Gen.
I especially liked Greninja, Noivern, Trevenant, Hawlucha, Klefki, and Aegislash.

For the Mega Evolutions, I liked Charizard X, Gengar, Alakazam, Kangaskhan, Lucario and Mawile.

And honourable mention to Togekiss. It's not new but it sure is improved.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
12-31-2013, 04:54 AM
I love all the new Pokes in some way. A lot of them have gotten hate on Smogon, which I joined to see their discussions, but the really cool thing is that each mon has it's own signature move or niche that pops out, so I don't mind only getting 69 Pokemon - They are pretty awesome.

Based on what I've used, Klefki is the most adorable and derpiest key ring ever. There was talk about banning Parahax because of this little guys TWave + SwaggerPlay set that tears up teams.

Trevenant gets unlimited berries! 'Tis a feast! I've loved spamming Substitute + Unlimited Sitrus Berries in battles, it's actually a really good SubSeeder, mostly because of its typing though, which is why Tropius never got much love :(

Tyrantrum, continuing from my initial post, is just a beast (no pun intended). I've been using the gimmicky set of Dragon Dance and the elemental fangs and it actually dominates. It also takes priority moves pretty well!

Vivillion is actually cool too. Her signature move - Powder - is pretty awesome. It just screws with Fire-types that try to take her down :3 It has +1 priority and makes Fire-types moves fail and do 25% damage to the target (if they used a Fire-type move). Pretty Interesting. This along with setting up Quiver Dance... Mehehe