PDA

View Full Version : Tipping = Karma?

Faerie
12-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Okay, so I was browsing on here the other day, and I came across a reference to something involving the equation "tipping = karma". If I was reading this right, it seemed to be referring to tipping the photographer, or a songwriter in the game, thus making it easier to obtain shiny Pokémon. However, when I tried it, nothing happened.

Could someone please explain how exactly this is supposed to work?

Lord Of Storms
12-24-2013, 01:33 AM
it is not defenietly confirmed, but it is believed to slightly increase the odds of finding a shiny pokemon, whether thats in the friend safari or not, it is all just speculation, and we cannot be sure untill the information is released :/ either way i tip everyone just to be sure, but im using the masuda method and im still at 900 eggs with no luck, but yea, sorry i could not fully answer your question :3

LinuxUser
12-24-2013, 02:53 AM
I'm think its just luck. maybe tipping increases the chance of finding shinys but i tip people and look for shiny pokemon for a while and i don't find any, but while facetiming my cousin last week he tipped the photographer and found a shiny frogadier in the friend safari a few minutes later.

KillerConall
01-15-2014, 12:04 AM
I can't say for certain if it affects your chances or not but I have ~550 hours into the game and have been tipping the max amount at every opportunity and I can say for certain that bar events I have encountered significantly more shinies. I got 1 magikarp in bw2, a shinx and a Ponyta in platinum, a zubat in HG and a zubat in emerald, but in this game I have had a honedge, a whismur, a Goomy, a gyarados, a Pikachu, a gulpin and a skorupi, which I would say is a definitive break from the trend. But is this due to tipping or just increased chances overall? Who knows.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-15-2014, 01:03 AM
To my knowledge tipping just increases your popularity/style in Lumiose so you can get things cheaper at the boutique and the stone emporium, such as Mega Stones. I mean, I guess it's possible that it could increase the chances slightly but it hasn't been a known mechanic. I would do a test if I had the time, but I can't.

To anyone who'd want to run a good test, tip and then immediately search for a shiny in the FS several times over in a row, with good breaks in between, just to see if the chances of finding a shiny in, say 10 encounters, looks pretty consistent. Then, do the same thing but without tipping and record how many shinies you get in 10 encounters every time you try (as a control)

KillerConall
01-15-2014, 04:11 AM
In 10 encounters? I do not think that is nearly enough. Also I believe that if the roumors bear true it is more likely to be you chances increase as your tipping total increases, not that it increases for a short while after tipping. None of my encounters were near a point where I tipped at all.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
01-15-2014, 11:25 PM
Eh, just to give a number I didn't have to think about, you get the idea though. Change the numbers however you want

Anyways the games do happen to have higher chances of finding a shiny than in the past, that could be part of the reason you all found so many more. In the past I never found shinies in my casual Pokemon hunting, but I've found 2 in the wild in this game without searching for them, and I can say that I don't tip lol I'm greedy about my money in the game. Is it possible that tipping is a coincidence?