PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Chaining Questions (Pokeradar)

pikapika
01-05-2014, 04:09 PM
My apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, though I have a question regarding hunting for shinies with the Pokeradar.

I recently came across my first shiny (a shiny Dragalge) during chain fishing at a chain of 34, using a Lileep with Suction Cups (fainted) at the head of my party. Here's where my question comes in;

Does having a certain Pokemon at the head of your party affect your chance of finding a shiny when using the Pokeradar? Or is that just for chain fishing? I've tried several tries with the Pokeradar, only to come up blank.

I have a second question regarding this was well. Does healing your Pokemon during battle break your chain or not? I haven't done it, and have just let the PP of my Pokemon run out/let them faint, but I want to make sure before I do it again and try for a high chain.

LinuxUser
01-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Pokeradar chaining is different from fish chaining. having a certain pokemon in the from of your party does not increase the chance of finding a shiny. also opening the menu while chaining will not break it(you can tell by the music). :)

Inky
01-06-2014, 06:25 PM
PokeRadar Chaining is totally different plus difficult compared to fish chaining. To answer your question: No. It doesn't matter what Pokemon it at the top of your party, however, it has to be able to do the following things:

~KO the Pokemon you're chaining on the first turn
~Have enough PP across all moves that adds up to 40
~Cannot be healed in battle, but can be healed afterwards

Plus, you'll know if you're chain is broken if the music playing changes back to the ordinary route music.

XxGhostxX
01-08-2014, 06:48 AM
Also would like to add, if it helps anyone out who doesn't know, while PokeRadar chaining/hunting and if you hear the music change (not back to ordinary) to another tune (you will notice), this means your chances of running into a shiny are temporarily increased.

For example, this happened to me while chaining with the PokeRadar and saw a shiny patch about at 30 chains in. So when I noticed the change in music, I kept resetting the PokeRadar instead of going into a shaking patch. Now I don't know if heading into a shaking patch during the music is better, but in my case I chose to stay safe and reset during the change of music and the shiny patch appeared.
*It is not an always guarantee, again its just temporarily increased odds*

If the music goes away, this just means the increased odds are over but not your chain. You are still free to continue chaining and the music change can still happen again.

mylololz
01-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Something that people haven't mentioned.

When chaining, if you want the least chance of your chain breaking you'll want to step in a square at least 4 steps away, but not directly north, south, east, or west of you. For example.... X marks the spot where you activated the radar from. I know this diagram is pretty unclear, but the !!'s, 1's, 2's, and 3's are where you should avoid standing. When you use the Radar, and the patches shake, only stand in the ones marked '4' or further away from them. Also note that when you use the radar there is a chance that there aren't any patches shaking. That will break your chain.

4444!!4444
!!321x123!!
4444!!4444

Optimally... You want to stand in a square that is *at least* either 9 steps high or 9 steps wide to have the highest chance of a safe patch. If you don't get one, run out of the grass (avoid the patches that shook) and run 50 steps then try again.

Hope this helped :)