PDA

View Full Version : 3DS Investment

lilo_1542
01-05-2012, 08:37 PM
So my birthday is coming up next month and there are very few things that i want (all the things I'm asking people to get me are necessities for my puppy so you can see where my priority lies :D). But out of the blue, my brain thought "ASK FOR A SEXY FLAME RED (or whatever it's called) SUPER MARIO 3D LAND 3DS BUNDLE!!!!" Yeah, my brain was pretty specific about that. And this is the most logical choice because let's face it, I'm not buying this thing with my own money since I'd probably only buy like 2 (maybe 3) games for it.

But I digress. My question to you fine people who may or may not own a 3DS: is it worth the spending of my family's money? Because I've already determined that it's not worth mine XD. Let me know it all; the good, the bad, fanboy over it, hate on it, whatever. I'll take your pearls of knowledge and come to an informed decision as to whether or not I'll ask for this.

Bluecario
01-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Do you have a 3DS? Or was tha the q?

lilo_1542
01-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't have one. The question is 'do you think it's worth buying?' Sorry if it was unclear :)

Monty
01-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Lilo is it ^^

Apparently I'm the only one that was silly enough to buy a 3DS and buy it as it's initial retail of 255.99. Now that it's 169.00 is it worth it to buy it. Yes and no.

The no: Even at 169.00 no one wants to buy 169.00 pedometer because with Nintendo's rate of game development that's the only on the go function (outside of Spotpass) that'll be moderately useful. And Super Mario 3D Land is okay....(only 3D game I own since I have a Sony PS3). It'll definitely keep you busy. If you have another console and like full, stronger games then that 170 dollars can go somewhere else.

The yes: 169 dollars is still not a lot money compared to a new console and Nintendo has recently come out with a bunch of titles like Mario Kart 7 and I don't remember if they're already out but Luigi Mansion 3DS, Star Fox, and other games are out/coming out. And titles to look forward to like Kingdom Hearts 3DS (Which is the reason I initiatlly got one). And if you are a fan of pokemon and that'd be a HUGE DUH....then you might want to get one and save the time trying to ask your folks for a 3DS when it's not your B-Day because other titles are coming out on it. And you wanna be ready when it does.

lilo_1542
01-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Apparently I'm the only one that was silly enough to buy a 3DS and buy it as it's initial retail of 255.99. Now that it's 169.00 is it worth it to buy it. Yes and no.

Hahaha silly indeed. The only system that I've ever bought full price was my PS3 and that was a few months ago (I don't buy systems on launch dates/months/etc. cuz they cost too much and I'm usually broke.) And I even bought it with my own money :D

But yeah it does make since that I would want one now because of the price drop and all of the titles that weren't available at launch will be coming out so that's a plus. Honestly the only reason I want this thing is because of Mario Kart XD. It would be horrible for me to not be able to play this game since I've owned/played every Mario Kart ever (besides I can't resist that sexy candy apple red system :3 Super Mario 3D Land is just a bonus at this point).

Monty
01-06-2012, 02:06 AM
lol. I've got Gunmetal Black. There was only two colors at launch and I didn't want H20 Footprints in the Sand Turquoise Blue. But yeah. Nintendo despite being a more ideally family friendly company they'll get you with the pokemon games and the 3DS compatiability only. Heck they got everyone with Download Play only gen iv to v transfer so why not.

Gaming Master 2000
01-06-2012, 10:33 PM
I bought a 3DS when it was first released. I didn't pay the retail price of AUD$349.99 though, I paid AUD$279.99 (or something like that) in a release day special. The price now is AUD$250, so I didn't end up paying too much more.

I really enjoy Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS and I was given 20 games from the Nintendo Ambassador program (although I've only played 1) so while I have enjoyed it there's not a lot of games I've gotten and played on it. It's a worthwhile console if there's games you want to play. If there's not perhaps wait a little. No doubt they'll release a 3DS Lite (or something like that) at some point. Perhaps that'll appeal to you more.

Monty
01-07-2012, 01:43 AM
:/ Where in the world are you where the US price exceeded the national retail sell. I don't believe that. I bought it only a month after it's premiere and it's been 250 until about mid August until the the Ambassdor program kicked in. :/. It is 169.00 nationally. Reviewers would have freaked out if this device was anything more than 280 dollars.

The DS Lite will probably be just a device you can screen over your dual screen. Even I wouldn't believe Nintendo would try to shove another 200 dollar device at everyone just because the screen shows up better in moderate light. They would probably have to wait half of the 3Ds terminal life before they would even attempt that. And the Wii U is coming out final quarter of next year. If they really want to make money trying to throw out mutiple devices in the same year or a year after another is not the smartest thing in the world to do.

10000fists
01-08-2012, 05:15 PM
I don't think so. i got one for Christmas, but then about 2 hours later i realized there is no space to put your gameboy pokemon games like emerald.

Monty
01-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Because....the 3DS doesn't play gameboy games....its only backwards compatiability is with DS Series Terminal games.

kakari
01-08-2012, 09:10 PM
i have one at first i didnt realy want one but my mum baught it for me i think its worth it cus

* you will have two DS,s and can trade over pokemon from oldish games

* it is actauly very 3D i played pokemon rumble and it looked so cool

* if you didnt buy it then there could be a posibilty that you have missed out on good games perhapes a cool pokemon game is gonna come out im not sure

ToxicRainbow
01-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Personally, I love mine! I think it's worth it!

akosidiggy
01-09-2012, 11:00 PM
now who has 3ds pm me pls i wanna add you

Bluecario
02-10-2012, 11:30 PM
And RER just came out... IK that many isn't mature... Like me... But I downloaded the demo, and even though it was creepy, the graphics was awesome! When Pokemon Grey (Or gen 6) comes out, I would be angry (o.o) at Gamefreak if it is like the other gens... platform like...