PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 4] Fighting Red(Ash) need help Heart Gold

M1gu3ru
01-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Does anyone know how to defeat Red? I recently got there and he tooked my pokemon and say bye bye to them in no time my highest pokemon is lugia lv 70. If anyone knows how to level up the pokemon faster please tell me! Thanks and im new in Heart Gold :)

TuriftExxo
01-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Rare candies, or fight the elite four a bunch of times using exp share.

M1gu3ru
01-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Exp.Share appears in this game? Really? :D

Monty
01-07-2012, 02:19 AM
:/ Wow if you made it to Red before discovering EXP Share then something is wrong. And do not listen to the guy who says use Rare Candies. Rare Candies may raise levels but it reduces all battle stat EVs to one. Let's review. If you level up a pokemon. Say it's atk stat raises by 2 per 3 levels. That's 6 EVs. If you feed it 3 Rare Candies for the same levels. It only get 3. Do you want that?

I recommend pushing your pokemon between lv 70 and 75 with pokemon that are Hail/Ice Resistant. Your biggest trouble will come from....more than likely.....Charizard since it know Flare Blitz and Air Slash. It normally lies outside of the supereffective radar so make sure you have a non-rock type with a Rock type move. Another annoyance maybe Blastoise whom knows moves of all all different types but they are all special move so bring someone who is a magic shield powerhouse.

If your guys are super underleveled.....I suppose the best thing to do is use a Pokemon with Trick Room and use your Choice Scarf. That and invest in X Speed, X Defend, and X Spec. Def.

M1gu3ru
01-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Wow thanks and where i get exp.share?

Monty
01-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Um I think you have a Red Dragon Scale rather you decided to capture Shiny Gyrados or not? Go to Mr. Pokemon who is located in a house on the route above Cherrygrove I believe. Once there I think he'll trade you for the EXP Share.

M1gu3ru
01-07-2012, 02:50 AM
whoa thanks right now i got it :D

Monty
01-07-2012, 02:55 AM
No problem. That guy's tough. So good luck

M1gu3ru
01-07-2012, 02:59 AM
I'll have to train hard my strongest pokemon is lv.70 lugia i just caught him and going to catch zapdos so its gonna be a long way

Monty
01-07-2012, 03:06 AM
lol with Lugia's high special resistence you could teach it some decent moves.

M1gu3ru
01-07-2012, 03:12 AM
yeah I know but I wont train him until ho-oh reaches his level

Monty
01-07-2012, 03:17 AM
Wow you don't need to train them as precautions. Just train your main team. Even my team has flaws. I'm EX User so my team doesn't use common-supereffective moves. They're just all hard hitters and at lv 75 they should be.

M1gu3ru
01-07-2012, 03:19 AM
I know but I like to have my pokemon on the same levels almost all of them XD

SHINY SQUIRTLE
01-07-2012, 07:19 AM
okay i have defeated red with mewtwo,lugia,ho-oh ,my starter ,pikachu and snorlax
okay heres my pokemons moove sets
mewtwo:thunder/thunderbolt,phychocut,spychic,aura sphere
lugia:aeroblast,hydropump,surf,extrasensory
ho-oh:thunder/thunderbolt,extrasensory,fly,sacredfire
tylophion:eruption,flametrower,fireblast,blastburn or felaligart:hydro pump,surf,hydro cannon,thrash or meganium:sleeppowder,gigagrain,frenzyplant,synthes is
pikachu:thunder,thunderbolt,volt tackle,iron tail
snorlax:crunch,gigaimpact,surf and blizzard

all will work pikachu catch it at lv 4 (forest near blus gym )and train it with exp.share snorlax by digglets cave,lugia have it ho-oh bell tower talk to the chinese dancer then starters and mewtwo at cerulean city in the cave need flash and surf he will be at lv 70 becareful hes hard to catch hope this helps

Monty
01-07-2012, 08:40 AM
:/ Why are you feeding him exact mons to use.

Your stategy is a direct counter strategy for his pokemon. It doesn't mean it's the best....
Okay just for the levity of the situation

I used. Espeon, Umbreon, Typhlosion, Lapras, Absol, and Lucario.
Typhlosion headlined my group with Choice Scarf and allowing it to over come his Pikachu's Speed with Earthquake
-- finished it off.
Switched out to Lucario when it choice to use Lapras. A Close Combat was able to take it out before it could pull off a Psychic which Lapras knows in this battle.
--finished it off
Switched back Typlosion to counter his Charizard with a Choice Scarf Rock Silde. It survived but was finished off by the subsequent hail.
For some reason he switched to Snorlax and I went back to Lucario. And another and a Close Combat and Aura Sphere took it out since all of it's move are generally ineffective against Lucario.
---finished it off
He switched to Blastoise and I countered with Espeon's high special resistance and Trick Room and then switch to Umbreon's super resistances and just Shadow Ball'd Blastoise out lasting it in pure stamina. The hail finished it.
And all he had left was his lone Venasaur...just a blast of Psychic from Espeon who is naturally faster.

In any case as long as he knows what he's up against he can figure it out :)

TuriftExxo
01-07-2012, 07:12 PM

I'm not an optimist of the human race but, he didn't knew that he could get an EXP share... maybe he is playing it without a guide and all by himself?

Come to think it, maybe he is one of the few who actually try to beat the game like we did a decade ago >_>

Lelouch vi Britannia
01-08-2012, 12:18 AM
It's actually pretty easy to beat red aka ash my party was Feraligatr,Typhlosion,Entei,Raikou,Venusaur,and Tyranitar I think they were all lv 88 or 90 but he has pretty cool pokemon I hate his snorlax.

M1gu3ru
01-08-2012, 04:09 PM
whoa awesome the two of you :D

joe.devell
01-08-2012, 04:21 PM
give 1 pokemon a lucky egg and choose another to hold your exp share wen u get it go thru the elite four a few times also if u got a friend with hg ss plat pearl or diamond trade the team u want over thenbk again that way battle exp is automatically boosted on the pokemon u use is battle it works for me hope this helps u abit as forbeating red he is hard but its do able just hang in there

M1gu3ru
01-08-2012, 07:59 PM
I dont use guides to end games I use logic. guides are for the ones that dont even know where to catch lugia in heart gold and yes i didnt knew there was a exp.share cuz I just started the game 3 days ago...

glue
01-18-2012, 06:20 AM
You should get articuno. I trained mine from lvl60 in platinum to 100(took me forever, no hacks, no rare candies so it got plenty of evs)
with the moveset: fly, blizzard, ice beam, and sheer cold. single handedly took him out with articuno and some full restores. you may want to consider that

chuwachuwa
01-25-2012, 08:29 AM
I will trade you a pokemon to borrow to defeat him im not sure what high level pokemon I have but im not tradeing my togekiss

chuwachuwa
01-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Buy items hyper potions full restorres and do get a few rare candis I did it helped

espada26
02-10-2012, 03:06 AM
i killed his pikachu using a lvl 52 steelix who only took minimal damage from its iron tail, also capable of taking on snorlax for a while using rock smash repeatedly until i switched and finished it off easily from all that defense lowering. your lugia should be able to take out venosaur in a couple of turns. a strong electric type should be able to take out blastiose and lapras. charizard is his toughest pokemon to take out although a strong enough rock ove could kill it.

vitality
02-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Mewtwo Lv 70 - feed it 10 rare candies so you want it to have atleast a lv 80 pokemon
moves:
Flamethrower
Avalanche
Shadow Ball
Psychic

after each pokemon you kill switch to a lv 1 pokemon or anything - use full restore on your Mewtwo then once ur mon dies bring out your mewtwo again. BAM repeat. win.

Exflar
02-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Just keep grinding at the Elite Four until you're at least 5 levels higher than his strongest pokemon.

truffledude12
02-20-2012, 01:32 AM
I WENT ALL OUT with HO oh typholsion lugia articuno moltres zapados
that is what i think is effective
legends are
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/legends.shtml

ZoruaBoo
02-26-2012, 06:54 PM
You need a ground type for taking out his Pikachu, that's the biggest threat against you. Also level up your Pokemon to lv.70-80 and give them supportive items.

Velvet
02-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Mewtwo is a huge help and I got my butt kicked until I captured and brought it along.

M1gu3ru
02-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Lol Mewtwo is great got it on pokeball xD

ZoruaBoo
02-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Lol Mewtwo is great got it on pokeball xD

Oh, I do that! I put Pokemon in Pokeballs they shouldn't be in, for example: I always catch fire types in Dive balls.

Velvet
02-28-2012, 05:15 AM
Oh, I do that! I put Pokemon in Pokeballs they shouldn't be in, for example: I always catch fire types in Dive balls.

Awesome. I love the animation when pokes come out of the dusk ball, so I catch almost everything in them, even if it's daytime and I'm outside.

Sting
02-28-2012, 09:59 PM

Are you serious? LOL

ZoruaBoo
02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Are you serious? LOL

Yeah! It makes the game way more fun! Seriously, try it next time you play the game, it makes it harder but it's worth it!

Sting
02-28-2012, 10:37 PM
For real, I don't use great ball, Master Ball, Ultra Ball, or any kind of balls except for Pokeball.

I uses Pokeball for all legendaries, pokemons.
But an exception is, I uses Master Ball to Kyurem and Volcarona, since they will kill my pokemon first, before I can catch it.
LOL

Exflar
03-06-2012, 11:13 AM
And just so we're clear, Red is not Ash.

truffledude12
03-07-2012, 03:03 AM
Red is Red from gen 1 in kanto right?

shinysquirtle:P
03-07-2012, 03:34 AM
red is ash look at his pokemons and compare them when he was in kanto and jotho. one thing is that they evolved all his pokemons exept pikachu

Exflar
03-08-2012, 12:56 AM
red is ash look at his pokemons and compare them when he was in kanto and jotho. one thing is that they evolved all his pokemons exept pikachu

Red is the protagonist of the Games and the Manga. Red's very first pokemon was Poliwhirl, not Pikachu. Red also happens to nickname all of his pokemon (Pika, Poli, Saur etc).

Another very important trait: Red WON the Pokemon League Tournament.

Ash Ketchum is the protagonist of the Anime. Ash was based off of Red. Ash's first pokemon was Pikachu and traveled along with Misty, Brock and a few other unimportant people. Ash does not nickname his pokemon.

Ash has not won an Official Pokemon League Tournament.
[Orange League and Battle Frontier don't exactly count]

The Kiwi Dragon
03-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Just use an Action Replay and do the 10000 times exp and your pokes will be at lv 100 after killing 1 opponent pokemon...

The Kiwi Dragon
03-08-2012, 07:56 AM
By the way i love catching everything in quick balls

Scizoraptor94
03-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Am I seriously the only one here who didn't need to beat Red using a legendary Pokemon? Geez...

Bluecario
04-13-2012, 01:31 PM
:/ Why are you feeding him exact mons to use.

Your stategy is a direct counter strategy for his pokemon. It doesn't mean it's the best....
Okay just for the levity of the situation

I used. Espeon, Umbreon, Typhlosion, Lapras, Absol, and Lucario.
Typhlosion headlined my group with Choice Scarf and allowing it to over come his Pikachu's Speed with Earthquake
-- finished it off.
Switched out to Lucario when it choice to use Lapras. A Close Combat was able to take it out before it could pull off a Psychic which Lapras knows in this battle.
--finished it off
Switched back Typlosion to counter his Charizard with a Choice Scarf Rock Silde. It survived but was finished off by the subsequent hail.
For some reason he switched to Snorlax and I went back to Lucario. And another and a Close Combat and Aura Sphere took it out since all of it's move are generally ineffective against Lucario.
---finished it off
He switched to Blastoise and I countered with Espeon's high special resistance and Trick Room and then switch to Umbreon's super resistances and just Shadow Ball'd Blastoise out lasting it in pure stamina. The hail finished it.
And all he had left was his lone Venasaur...just a blast of Psychic from Espeon who is naturally faster.

You don't need to finish it off before it uses psychic... Lucario is "Immune" to psychic, said in that way that it isn't that effective

YOSHiiBoss27
04-22-2012, 07:59 PM
to get exp share go to Mr.Pokemons house and trade the red scale for it, you get the red scale when catching red gyarados [in sotry-line]
For ash, I beat him 3 tiems.Use pokemon that have weaknesses against him.I used:
Lvl 100:
Salamence
Lucario
Mamoswine
Charizard
Other lvls:
Snorlax
Gardevoir

Classic
04-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Try to use Snorlax.
Do the BodySlam-Rest-SleepTalk
It works,

Mogwai
04-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Use something bulky along with some sort of weather to counter the Hail. If you can counteract the Hail with basically anything but Sand, you'll be able to offset at least two of his Pokemon (usually Lapras/Charizard plus something else) While using something bulky, you can take a lot of hits, set up and sweep. Take a lot of healing items as well, because you can very easily fodder things off to wear down what he has, as long as something you have outspeeds all of his Pokemon. It doesn't have to necessarily defeat each one, but it needs to be faster and have more than two offensive attacks that will have neutral effect on everything he has.

Hope that helps. :]

mike18roy
05-05-2012, 05:42 PM
I did an unevolved run last week. I swept his whole team using x items and a lvl 60 Chinchou with Volt Absorb ability. It's the perfect counter for pikachu so you can set up.