PDA

View Full Version : Tyrantiar Moveset.

Master Poketim
02-01-2014, 09:02 PM
What's the best moveset for an adamant sand stream 5iv tyranitar?

I have the following moves: Dragon dance, Outrage, stealth rocks, earthquake, crunch, and stone edge.

I picked dragon dance, earthquake, crunch and stone edge.

Let me know if there's a better moveset for tyranitar. Is tyranitar a good pokemon to have on team?

Moist Mewtwo
02-01-2014, 09:46 PM
It's like the strongest non legendary so yeah. It's my favorite. Pretty good typing. And just mega evolve it. Watch out for fighting though. You can also use him or garchomp. Garchomps type has less weakness and not quick as much resistances. But I think tyranitar's move pool and stat layout is better so...

Moist Mewtwo
02-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Definetly use crunch and stone edge. You can use superpower or earthquake, they both cover some of his weaknesses and have a pretty good range of what they can hit. I would go superpower for the type and power. There's also avalanche and payback(I think crunch is better than payback though). Bred ones can learn outrage but that's too late now. I would say stealth rock is good but if you don't use a move to send them back(dragon tail) it's not as efficient and it works good with tyranitar's sand stream but now that only last 5 moves.

LinuxUser
02-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Depends on How you ev train him. Stealth rocks will be better then dragon dance on a bulky set but dragon dance is better on a faster sweeper set. Rock slide also may be better its really do you want power over accuracy.

Master Poketim
02-01-2014, 11:01 PM
For EVS, I maxed out speed and attack and the rest on HP. And it's adamant nature.

So is Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Stone Edge and Crunch, a good moveset?

And is tyranitar really the strongest non legendary? Should I give it dragon claw to take out dragons?

Master Poketim
02-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Does it need dragon dance, or should i just replace dragon dance with outrage?

LinuxUser
02-01-2014, 11:13 PM
If its Max Speed and max attack you should run dragon dance because of its base 71 Speed. Dragon Claw gains no STAB and is only super effective against dragon type pokemon same with outrage but the use of outrage has dropped because of fairy type pokemon.

Master Poketim
02-02-2014, 12:52 AM
Awesome, I won't bother with any dragon moves then.