PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 5] Shinys

Yumii
01-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Why does everyone wants shiny pokemon? I think they suck!

M1gu3ru
01-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Yeah they suck I only like 11 diferent including 3 legendaries

lonewolf
01-07-2012, 04:41 AM
i think people want them because they are different and they look awesome
some look cooler then the origonal ones but some really suck
like lucarios shiny for i think he would have cooled butter is is blue fur turned to white

Tails
01-07-2012, 04:43 AM
They want shiny Pokemons because, shinies are rare, and some pokemons, has cool designs on their colors. They are rare so, they want to brag them, and to have good trades too, so if you have 5 shinies and put it up in trades, a lot of offers are going to be there, and are far more powerful than your shiny.

(OPINION TEXT)

Monty
01-07-2012, 04:51 AM
At the same time that's silly though. And don't get me wrong....I like Shinies and having bishie sparkles on my mons. But the time investment for breeding them is a big waste of time. And I'm a trainer before I'm ever a shiny collector. However a lot of the Shiny collectors I know have lots rares or high level pokemon, legendaries so I suppose if breeding them for more of a living than being a trainer then I suppose it pays off.

TuriftExxo
01-07-2012, 04:51 AM
Why does everyone wants shiny pokemon? I think they suck!

Because Shiny Pokemon are hard to find. Though, that doesn't mean they are always better than a normal Pokemon, it's everything about stats.

Jon3zii
01-07-2012, 10:10 PM
The only good looking shiny pokemen (plural for pokemon) I've ever seen are the Beldum family, they look SIkkkkkk..
:D

M1gu3ru
01-09-2012, 04:57 AM
Lol.. thats right :)

M1gu3ru
01-09-2012, 04:58 AM
Maybe Yumii thinks they suck cuz in GTS negotiations people always look for shinies

Team Plasma N
01-24-2012, 11:49 PM
They don't suck. They're like other Pokemon. People want them because some Pokemon look cooler as shinies, plus shinies are rare. Take shiny Charizard for example. Personally, i think it looks A LOT cooler as a shiny. I have some shinies and they don't suck. I'm seeing that people think it's a big waste of time. If you RNG for them, it's not really a big waste of time because you can get flawless shinies with good nature and EV train it and give it the correct moveset as any other Pokemon (and RNGing makes IV breeding shorter). Otherwise if you use the Masuda Method and hope to get a shiny, then yeah it could be a waste of time.

glue
01-25-2012, 03:52 AM
Sometimes there are specials like the event Raikou,Entei,Suicune that have the extra programming that activates the Zoroark event in black and white

Exflar
01-25-2012, 04:02 AM
The only good looking shiny pokemen (plural for pokemon) I've ever seen are the Beldum family, they look SIkkkkkk..
:D

Lol the plural for Pokemon is "Pokemon"

Either way, the novelty factor is the only appeal behind shiny pokemon. Having one just means you're lucky, and you have bragging rights. Other than that it truly is a waste of time.