PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Bank Reviews

DejaVu146
02-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Since most people now have the long awaited Pokemon Bank, I'm interested to see if it's living up to the hype. What are your reviews/experiences/ etc with Pokemon Banks

To me, I think it's a great idea, but implemented poorly. What really gets me is the fact that to use Transporter, I must put in my copy of B/W/B2/W2 (which is fine. I expected that), and then you only get to choose one box at a time. Then from there, you have to put in X/Y version (which I always forget to do). From Pokemon Bank, you have to choose individually what to do with all 30 Pokemon in that one box. Do you either leave it in Bank, transport it to X/Y, or do you release it? Once you've decided all 30 Pokemon's fate, you quit out of Bank, put in B/W/W2/B2, and repeat the process.

To me, that's counter productive to keep switching and choosing what to do with all the Pokemon. Why can't you just transfer Pokemon to boxes within Bank, and from there choose which to bring into X/Y? Why should you only be able to transfer one box at a time. To me, it's a hassle. Love the idea and the program, don't like the mechanics of it.

What do you think?

GaryEhffinJoaker
02-08-2014, 07:48 AM
I think after all the complaints about how long it took for bank to come out (cuz a little over a month is soooo long #sarcasm) , not one person should be complaining. We went from transferring 6 Pokemon at a time, to an entire box. I mean, really, that's incredible .-.

chomp-o-squirtle
02-08-2014, 10:05 AM
And no one forgets how we had to trade to transfer to gold from red/blue

The Kiwi Dragon
02-08-2014, 10:50 AM
What you said Deja is my exact feelings. If there were better mechanics I'd like it... A lot. :p

Itachi
02-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Since most people now have the long awaited Pokemon Bank, I'm interested to see if it's living up to the hype. What are your reviews/experiences/ etc with Pokemon Banks

To me, I think it's a great idea, but implemented poorly. What really gets me is the fact that to use Transporter, I must put in my copy of B/W/B2/W2 (which is fine. I expected that), and then you only get to choose one box at a time. Then from there, you have to put in X/Y version (which I always forget to do). From Pokemon Bank, you have to choose individually what to do with all 30 Pokemon in that one box. Do you either leave it in Bank, transport it to X/Y, or do you release it? Once you've decided all 30 Pokemon's fate, you quit out of Bank, put in B/W/W2/B2, and repeat the process.

To me, that's counter productive to keep switching and choosing what to do with all the Pokemon. Why can't you just transfer Pokemon to boxes within Bank, and from there choose which to bring into X/Y? Why should you only be able to transfer one box at a time. To me, it's a hassle. Love the idea and the program, don't like the mechanics of it.

What do you think?

I agree with what you Said Deja, I always forget to switch games or what step I was on but I mean if they made it so you would only have to do it once and it was done people wouldn't pay for it so I think that might be why Idk :p