PDA

View Full Version : [Gen 4] SS has problems....

SparkyThePikachu
01-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Somehow, whenever I play SS and choose a starter, its a girl! I always pick Cyndaquil. So cute! Anyway, its always a girl! What do I do?

Have you ever had problems with SS?

Bluecario
01-07-2012, 09:29 PM
I HG I could catch a shiny Kyogre :3

Pikachu Belle
01-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Somehow, whenever I play SS and choose a starter, its a girl! I always pick Cyndaquil. So cute! Anyway, its always a girl! What do I do?

Have you ever had problems with SS?
I got that too! I got a female chikorita on HG.. Also i wish i picked SS now cuz i love lugia and you can get vulpix and skarmory :)

Lelouch vi Britannia
01-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Well why don't you save before you pick your starter and if its a female again just turn of your game or soft reset until you get what you want p.s that's what I did on my platinum.

DejaVu146
01-08-2012, 02:42 AM
If anyone noticed, when you fight Logs the second time in SS, his Spiritomb is weak against fire type. Spiritomb is supposed to have no weakness

DejaVu146
01-08-2012, 02:42 AM
*Koga

Exflar
01-11-2012, 10:56 AM
If anyone noticed, when you fight Logs the second time in SS, his Spiritomb is weak against fire type. Spiritomb is supposed to have no weakness

Um, Spiritomb has no type disadvantages. OHKO could happen due to a level disparity, but not from supereffective hits. Unless the game said "....Used *fire type attack*...Super Effective!" then there's nothing wrong there.

Monty
01-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Indeed. Spiritomb has no type disadvantages but can still be KO'd if your pokemon has a decent level and/or you use high power rate special attack/atk

As for your problem...it's not a problem. It's a blessing and you should be happy with it. All starters save for Pikachu have 1:7 chance of ever being female. You're lucky to just have them pop out like that. You can breed them and get males later.

DejaVu146
01-11-2012, 03:10 PM
I used a fire move and it said "its super effective." I know Spiritomb has no disadvantage and i know i can defeat it if i am at a higher level but maybe it was a mistake in programming in the game.

truffledude12
02-08-2012, 11:24 PM
i keep starting it uuntill it a male thats the best answer

SparkyThePikachu
08-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Deja, that must be yours o-o Because my Ninetales had to use 2 embers to kill it, none of them were effective. Plus my Ninetales is on lvl 94.

Chikorita
08-25-2012, 10:20 PM
It happened to me with Chikorita, but instead it was always a male (And I wanted a female). What I did was save right before picking a Pokémon, and SR until I got a female Chikorita. It did work. You should try it.