PDA

View Full Version : Meowstic Advice.

Master Poketim
02-23-2014, 10:28 PM
I have a shiny meowstic 5 ivs - attack with prankster ability and is Calm nature.

Is calm nature a good nature for meowstic? How should I distribute the EVS?

Also, what's a good moveset for meowstic?

Moist Mewtwo
02-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Calm is ok since that's a special attacker :). If it's bred then a good combination is yawn, dream eater, future sight, and dark pulse to cover loose ends. It can learn thunder wave which is useful. Shadow ball and thunderbolt are good coverage moves for attacking. If you need a main attack, psyshock or psychic(I would go with pyshock so you can hit things with high special defense).

Master Poketim
02-24-2014, 12:12 AM
My moveset right now is Yawn, Calm Mind, Sucker Punch and Psychic.

I might switch sucker punch with thunderbolt and give it psyshock instead of psychic.

Master Poketim
02-24-2014, 12:15 AM
Kk, My moveset is now yawn, calm mind, thunderbolt, and psyshock.

The Kiwi Dragon
02-24-2014, 02:43 AM
Yawn is not a great move to have on Meowstic. I'd replace it with Thunder Wave. It's essentially a 6th Gen Thundurus. :p

The Kiwi Dragon
02-24-2014, 02:53 AM
I have a good moveset for Meowstic, when I get home I'll get it from Pokemon Showdown! for you to have a glance over. :)

Master Poketim
02-24-2014, 03:06 AM
So for EVs, if I'm running a calm meowstic, I should max out HP and Spdef and 4 on def right?

Moist Mewtwo
02-24-2014, 04:02 AM
Um yeah I would do that. I think yawn could be good combined with future sight and dream eater, if they damage you you'll be able to heal. That along with a defense boosting move or attack like thunderbolt

macheagle52
02-24-2014, 05:55 AM
Only thing I would say is that male meowstic isn't meant for offense too much. What I mean is that pokemon with prankster are meant to be supporting pokemon usually. So moves like reflect, light screen, thunder wave, swagger, etc are the main moves you want to use. I would say give it one offensive move and then three support moves.

TheManyFacesOfGlalie
02-25-2014, 11:55 PM
I've never personally used her but Meowstic should really stick to abusing Prankster as much as possible. I'd honestly say only one attacking move, if you even have one. Aside from that you have Screens, TWave, Swagger.. evil..

Master Poketim
02-26-2014, 03:03 AM
sounds like good advice.