PDA

View Full Version : Dragonite moveset.

Master Poketim
02-26-2014, 06:02 AM
Does Dragonite need Extreme speed, if it already has dragon dance. I find one dragon dance makes it faster than any other pokemon already. The only time I think extreme speed would be useful is when I'm trying to hit before an ice shard attack.

Veteran Tailfire
02-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Well, i agree with you about Extremespeed. I never really run it on Dragonite.

My moveset for a Dragonite would be:

Dragon Dance: +1 Atk and +1 Speed is always good.

Dragon Claw/Outrage: Main STAB attack. Dragon Claw is weaker but will not lock you into it for 2-3 turns. However, if you need more power then Outrage.

Earthquake: This can help deal with Steel types which would wall you otherwise.

Fire Punch: This helps take care of threats like Ferrothorn,Scizor,Forretress and Skarmory.

You dont have to use this moveset, this is just my opinion, but you're free to use it if you want.

Master Poketim
02-26-2014, 05:28 PM
That is actually my exact moveset on my dragonite, but i also got a flawless dragonite with extreme speed, and i dunno how to make use of extreme speed, maybe i should kick out fire punch for extreme speed, i don't find fire punch that useful, it's usually weak.

The Kiwi Dragon
02-27-2014, 08:35 PM
ExtremeSpeed for me at least is a necessity on Dragonite. I agree it outspeeds Ice Shard users but it's extremely handy for eliminating common Focus Sash users like Smeargle quite speedily. Dragon Dance is OK if you can ensure you survive after using it. I'd add either Outrage or Dragon Claw, and lastly I'd go with Earthquake or Fire Punch. Fire Punch is useful for Steel and Ice types, some of the annoyances of the Dragon type while Earthquake is useful for just wrecking stuff. So I'd personally go with Fire Punch. I'd recommend Superpower but it's a Gen 5 tutor move, so I'll leave it out.

So I'd go with this set:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Ability: Pressure/Multiscale
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch/Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

LinuxUser
02-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Dragonite: @Leftover/Lum Berry/Weakness Policy
Evs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed 4 Hp/252 Attack, 124Hp, Rest in speed(Needs Sticky web)
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Ability Multiscale
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch/Thunder Punch
E-Speed/Eq
Dragon Claw :)

Also you said Fire Punch is usually weak, likely because no stab.

Master Poketim
02-28-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm gonna run dragon dance, extreme speed, earthquake and dragon claw. Only cuz earthquake can kill steel types too. and Grass I can hit with dragon claw. I find fire punch to be extremely weak.