PDA

View Full Version : Future Giveaway: LEGIT Shiny Mew (old sea map event) that I will be SR for!

RichieL1991
03-01-2014, 10:03 AM
I thought this might interest some people on this site..

To make a long story short I have a japanese pokemon emerald with a legit old sea map. I am now about to start the process of SR'ing to get a shiny Mew. I will then be doing a giveaway for the Mew (I don't really have any interest in shiny legends). However I do realize how extremely RARE this is, and I cannot pass on the opportunity to not try for a shiny. I have a video, that I can post if anyone is interested in seeing me legitimately use the old sea map! Just post comments if interested (:

pokeholic321
03-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Want would u want for it?

0pinion
03-01-2014, 07:49 PM
I'm very interested :P lol

Activated
03-02-2014, 12:18 AM
What would u want for it. I would give u a mew from the soul silver event and a normal shiny okay?

Scooter
03-02-2014, 07:18 PM
No one on this thread has grammar.

stormwalker22
03-02-2014, 07:40 PM
I would give a lvl 100 shiny genesect, lvl 100 shiny dialga, lvl 100 shiny palkia, or lvl 100 shiny giratina for it. Also have a lvl 100 shiny gyrados and lvl 100 shiny magicarp. All are real.

rubyfan
03-04-2014, 03:43 AM
I would offer a LV 48 Victini,Lv 71 Mewtwo,LV 29 Mew,LV 49 Shiny Gliscor,LV 40 Shiny Rapidash and LV 28 Jirachi and other pokemon.

mungefuddler
03-04-2014, 01:15 PM
I would give anything for it! Anything...

Even for a normal Mew legitimately caught on faraway island

RichieL1991
03-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Whoops sorry everyone! I forgot to comment back..update: 3,100+ SR's and no luck yet - but not giving up! I'm not going to be trading the Mew, Im just gonna be doing a giveaway:

How to enter:
Comment in this thread/PM me:
1. Why you would want the shiny Mew
2. Why I should pick you!

Also here is the event in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF0SrQe7NQ0

0pinion
03-06-2014, 02:14 AM
1) Mew has always been one of my favorite pokes, and when I was younger, I always had the thought it would look cool in blue XD at the time I didn't know it could be though!!

and 2) because it was my dream pokemon when I was little haha

and good luck! I hope you can find it!

RichieL1991
03-06-2014, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the support!! :D

stormwalker22
03-06-2014, 04:03 AM
I love the rare legendary pokemon from the first three generations because they were actually rare, there wasn't an event every other month over the internet where the entire population got them for a month, it was a few days once a generation where the most dedicated players would go and receive them. The fact that this is a shiny one which were practically non-existant in the day is awesome and it makes it all the better that it was a japan exclusive that no one around my area could get. All that being said, I would love if I could receive a legit old fashioned pokemon like this in a day where you can find them no where else. Good luck getting it too!

mungefuddler
03-06-2014, 01:00 PM
1) I've had opportunities to obtain a shiny Mew from trades in the past but there is just no way to be 100% sure they are legit due to the amount of hacked pokemon in circulation. its my ultimate pokemon goal to obtain a legit Shiny Mew.

2) I dont think I deserve to be picked over anyone else as we all would like Mew for our own valid reasons although for the sake of this giveaway....I think you should pick me because mew is my all time favourite Pokemon and my quest to complete Pokemon will never be satisifed until i'm in posession of this rarest of the rare pokemon.

Good luck with the hunt & good luck to anyone else hoping to be chosen for the giveaway!

RichieL1991
03-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Thanks for all the entries so far (including the PMs) !!! My spring break starts once my last class ends today - so im pumped to get a lot of SR'ing in !! Can't wait, I know I will get lucky soon!

RichieL1991
03-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Caught it !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9RZBHDr5-w

mungefuddler
03-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Oh wow! Congrats dude!!

RichieL1991
03-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the support and your entry! :D

mungefuddler
03-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Fingers crossed!

stormwalker22
03-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Nice job!

Nature
03-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Will a rare flying pikachu event do? I have other shiny legendaries and shinnies :)

Lelouch vi Britannia
03-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Saw your video and I have to say it was very entertaining and my first time seeing a legit sea map mew and congrats on catching it.

Cole
03-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Well for starters Mew is my favorite legendary. Shiny or not it's awesome. I have never owned a mew in any Pokemon game. If I had it I would more than likely keep it just for me because lets be honest, its a Mew! I don't think there is anything I would even want to trade it for. I am attempting to complete the whole pokedex and that Mew would help out a lot. On my Pokemon game right now I only have the Y legendary, and Darkrai because I traded my free Celebi for it. One thing that would be nice if you did pick me is my birthday is on the 11th so that would be an awesome birthday present lol. Thank you for your time and I hope you pick me.

stormwalker22
03-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Lol so many people's birthdays are on the 11th. My sisters birthday is on the 11th too, I wonder if she would want a shiny mew... XD

Cole
03-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Lol so many people's birthdays are on the 11th. My sisters birthday is on the 11th too, I wonder if she would want a shiny mew... XD

Tell her I said happy early birthday :D, I also know 2 other people with my birthday haha.

JPdro
03-09-2014, 11:28 PM
1) Mew is a bawss ass *****, the second pokemon that learns transsform! It has the face of "dahkness", and when its blue... just turns me on!

2) Bro come on... look at me... I am cool you are cool... theres nothing more to say

stormwalker22
03-09-2014, 11:40 PM
That was an interesting comment... anyways in the pokemon world, mew came before the others so wouldn't it be the first pokemon that knows transfom?

JPdro
03-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Are you really making me edit my comment? dont be a ditto to me xD

Nature
03-10-2014, 12:17 AM
I thought that Acreus was the first since he was born surrounded by nothing then created everything :)

JPdro
03-10-2014, 12:40 AM
guys... just let it go... there is no point in arguing lets just give our hands, agree that i made an awesome coment and pray to arceus for some shinys! Can i hear an amen?
(you got to say amen now or i am going to be a little bit humiliated)

stormwalker22
03-10-2014, 12:42 AM
Meant out of pokemon that can transform. Plus although Arceus created time and space, all pokemon besides Arceus, Palkia, and Dialga originate from the DNA of Mew. Might be a few acceptions like perhaps Porygon because it is just computer code. And Kyogre and Groundon created earth and the seas. Arceus as the creator of all is really exaggerated, he just started the universe, but everything else about the world of pokemon are from others.

EDIT: lol sorry I was typing this before the comment above me was there so didn't see it until after this was posted :P

JPdro
03-10-2014, 12:47 AM
Stormwalker22 if this had a like buttom i would press it! I swear... arceus lord that explanation was epic xd

jhuckaby
03-10-2014, 01:56 AM
1) I want the shiny mew because my best friend's birthday is coming up and I'd love to surprise him with a shiny mew. He gave me an Arceus for my birthday, so it would only be fair to return the favor.

2) I am not more special than anyone else on this site, but I think I would be a worthy candidate because I am essentially doing the same thing as you- giving this rare pokemon as a gift from the bottom of my heart.

Also congrats on catching such a wonderful pokemon.

Strigo
03-15-2014, 10:49 AM
1.) I've always loved Mew. Especially since the first pokemon Movie. I grew up with Red and Blue, and at one point tried to do the old trick where you would trade for a pokemon with surf before boarding the SS Anne. Never figured out how to move that boulder... I never got it. It's always been a dream of mine to own a mew. You'd make my inner 10 year old blissfully happy =)

2.) I've only recently come back to pokemon after years of being disentrested in it. X and Y sparked my intrest again, but that mew would go a LONG way to keeping me hooked to the series again. It would be the staple that would keep pokemon in my life! I'd also be willing to help you collect shines or other legendaries like this in the future... if not for your or my personal gain- for other giveaways! I love when people do things like this, and I'd love to help you do something like this again =) Two people searching for a legendary pokemon is better than one, no?

JPdro
03-17-2014, 11:43 PM
When this contest end?

Hellomr64
03-18-2014, 12:09 AM
Im entering

Bøleyn
03-20-2014, 10:46 PM
I'll be the only one who doesn't beg for it. I would trade a Shiny: Braixen, Greninja, Quilladin, Flabebe, Sylveon, Carbink, Aegislash, Talonflame, Noivern, Skiddo, Meowstic, Ocean Vivillon (rarest pattern) OR Pumpkaboo

Only one of them though, maybe two depending on the ones chosen.

I would like the Mew to be untouched if possible.

stormwalker22
03-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Draaaagon this is a giveaway, people already tried to offer trades and the person who is giving it away said that it will not be traded, just given to the winner.

vegetarianbulbasaur
03-30-2014, 01:45 AM
before the memory on my platinum game got erased i had 2 boxes of legendaries and a box of shinies. then all were lost.
couldnt even touch that cartridge again. i was just starting to collecting shinies. tooo. plz