PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Beasts/Dogs

POKEMONtrainer99
03-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Okay, so me and my friend at school were discussing Raikou, Suicune and Entei and my friend is so convinced that these 3 Pokemon are dogs because he says that they are part of the legendary dog trio? Entei and Suicune do look like dogs but I'm certain that Raikou isn't... I googled legendary dogs and it came up with these 3 Pokemon and now I'm so confused :( does anyone know if Raikou is a cat or dog? :(

GaryEhffinJoaker
03-02-2014, 05:49 AM
It's a saber tooth (cat). Google only displays what is most commonly used to described searched words, it's not an actual answer system. Just links to answers attributed to searched content. The three beasts are basically cats (lion, panther and tiger) but some people prefer to call them dogs for understandable enough reasons. It's all up to preference and perspective and in that point of view, nobody is wrong or stupid for their interpretation of said beasts.

stormwalker22
03-07-2014, 02:44 AM
Although they are actually "beasts" they were originally called the legendary dog trio, even though only suicune is much of a dog. Just because I am old fashioned, I still call them that even though they are referred as beasts more often now. So pretty much, your choice, people would understand what you were talking about either way. On second thought the trio in black and white are also sometimes called the three beasts, so dogs might be preferred.

Jasper
03-19-2014, 07:02 PM
I call them dogs, but that's because that's what I grew up knowing them as! They're officially "Beasts", but anyone who is going to be pedantic about it is.. well, a jerk.

Jasper
03-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Oh, well excuse me for posting on a forum. I didn't realize you were the final word on everything!

Jasper
03-20-2014, 11:38 AM
I didn't realize it was an "old thread", there's no need to be a jerk.

stormwalker22
03-20-2014, 08:28 PM
I was looking around and it turns out that even though for a long time they were called the legendary dog trio, they have actually officially been called the legendary beasts as of the release of heartgold and soulsilver. So, that's some information on the topic for anyone still interested. I am still calling them the legendary dogs though :)