PDA

View Full Version : Anime :)

Katarina
03-04-2014, 04:04 AM
okay. so i'm assuming that a lot of people on this site watch anime since they play pokemon. i am an anime lover, and I'm always searching for new ones to watch. These are the animes I have watched:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KryptonIII

If the link doesn't work:
-Vampire Knight + Guilty (loved)
-Shugo Chara, not the second one (liked it)
-Gungrave (loved it)
-Squid Girl (no.)
-Highschool of the Dead (liked it)
-Soul Eater (loved it)
-Fullmetal Alchemist, all of them (liked them)
-Blue Exorcist (loved it)
-Inu Yasha (LOVED IT)
-a little of Bleach (I liked what I saw)
-1st season of Naruto (stopped because it got stupid, in my opinion)
-1st season of Mar, Prince of Tennis, and One Piece (all were good)
-Fooly Cooly (eh)
-Burst Angel (loved it)
-Tokyo Majin (LOVED IT X3)
-Rosario +Vampire (loved it)
-Aquarion (loved it)
-Loveless (surprised but liked it)
-Kaichou wa Maid-Sama (loved it)
-Ookami-san (loved it)
-D Gray Man (liked it)
-Death Note (liked it)
-Fruits Basket (loved it)
-Canaan (loved it)
-Nyanpire (too short, but was still cute)
-Fortune Arterial (loved it)
-Sword Art Online (LOVED IT X3)
-Chaos Head (requires a description but overall was pretty good. It was just hard for me to keep up for some reason...)
-S.T.R.A.I.N (liked it)
-Kaze no Stigma (liked it)
-Aquarion Evol (LOVED IT X3)
-Sword Art Online II (LOVED IT X3)

there are more but I can't remember the names XD what are your favorite animes, and what would you recommend I watch? I'm currently working on Fairy Tail (new fav), Deadman Wonderland, and Tokyo Ghoul (season 2).

Veteran Tailfire
03-05-2014, 11:43 AM
i know this anime is different from the rest on your list, but have you tried Inazuma Eleven?

Katarina
03-05-2014, 04:51 PM
I never heard of it until now xD i can try it out though :) I'm open to a lot of anime genres. but the kinds that i won't watch r the ones like trying to lose ur v-card and sleeping around and stuff. they just weird me out

cullybug
07-02-2014, 02:40 AM
rave master is a cool anime

stormwalker22
07-02-2014, 03:24 AM
Attack on Titan was amazing but was a different style and not much is released yet. Only 25 episodes are out so far and I watched the entire thing in two days (I got obsessed).

Glad this thread was created because I have been trying to find more good anime to watch also :P

Edit: Out of all them that you have watched or are watching, which would you recommend the most?

Lord Of Storms
07-02-2014, 04:39 AM
Not going to lie, I have watched all of these and many more.... not sure if that's a good think but..... okay yeah that's unhealthy >.> anyways.. to be honest you named some of my favorites as well, now as for reccomendations AOT ( Attack on Titan, the first episode is kind of creepy, well very creepy, but trust me you will come to realize its epicness), moving on SAO, Sword Art Online, is among my favorites, and with all animes just watch their opening theme songs and from that you can get a sense of how much you will love the show, sorry I don't have a lot of time to elaborate on it now though, but there are so many other things to watch......kbai
Oh and Ouran HighSchol Host Club, if I like an anime its completed within two days, if not maybe a week or two depending on how much I liked it... but Rosario + Vampire, OHSHC, AOT, SAO, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Soul Eater, and Death Note ( why L why? I can give you cake.....) anyways im done kbai

cullybug
07-03-2014, 12:47 PM
one peace

Darkn3ss
07-03-2014, 05:42 PM
naruto, dbz, bleach, deathnote, trigun, cowboy bebop, g-gundam

Katarina
07-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Attack on Titan was amazing but was a different style and not much is released yet. Only 25 episodes are out so far and I watched the entire thing in two days (I got obsessed).

Glad this thread was created because I have been trying to find more good anime to watch also :P

Edit: Out of all them that you have watched or are watching, which would you recommend the most?

I've watched most of AOT, and I'm kind of getting into SAO lately. Still working on Fairy Tail :p But it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for feels then I highly recommend Fairy Tail, omfg, I've cried so much watching it and gotten so many goosebumps T.T as far as action goes, I would recommend Soul Eater or AOT. Another one that I really liked was Blue Exorcist :)

Caseryn
07-10-2014, 05:31 PM
If you haven't watched Ouran, then you definitely should. There is a manga, drama CD, anime, live action adaptation, and two dating sim style games. It is my favourite series of all time, and the anime ending is beautiful. I give it 10/10 stars. Lovely reverse-harem/school romantic comedy.

Katarina
07-10-2014, 09:27 PM
I don't know why, but I couldn't really get past the first episode of Ouran :l I've heard a lot of people loving it, but I just wasn't all that interested. It's probably because it was introducing everyone and nothing really happened though, so I might give it a second chance. In anime, something has to happen in the first episode to grab me or I'm reluctant to go back to it.

Katarina
07-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Saw Plue is in Rave Master too. THen realized that the same guy wrote Rave Master and Fairy Tail xD

Katarina
08-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Not going to lie, I have watched all of these and many more.... not sure if that's a good think but..... okay yeah that's unhealthy >.> anyways.. to be honest you named some of my favorites as well, now as for reccomendations AOT ( Attack on Titan, the first episode is kind of creepy, well very creepy, but trust me you will come to realize its epicness), moving on SAO, Sword Art Online, is among my favorites, and with all animes just watch their opening theme songs and from that you can get a sense of how much you will love the show, sorry I don't have a lot of time to elaborate on it now though, but there are so many other things to watch......kbai
Oh and Ouran HighSchol Host Club, if I like an anime its completed within two days, if not maybe a week or two depending on how much I liked it... but Rosario + Vampire, OHSHC, AOT, SAO, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Soul Eater, and Death Note ( why L why? I can give you cake.....) anyways im done kbai

OMFG SAO was just amazing! I kept getting goosebumps and I cried a couple times and it was just awesome xD I still have to watch the movies, but it was just amazing, thank you sooo much for recommending this X3 I watched it with my bf and now it's like his favorite anime, and I didn't think anything could beat Bleach with him :p

venxhero
08-28-2014, 04:03 PM
My top favorites are Naruto Shippuden, Fairy Tail, Love Stage!! (♡), and Tokyo Ghoul c: currently watching these and including SAO II :3

I think you might like Love Stage!! I am in love with it xD literally the best and I have the ending song as my ringtone! ♡

Anywho, have you tried watching Sailor Moon Crystal? Its amazing! Not sure if you're into Free!, DRAMAtical Murder, and perhaps Haikyuu!! (Dunno if I spell it right xD on my phone) but I heard they're great! I'm already watching DRAMAtical Murder and plan to watch the other two later 0:

Katarina
08-28-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm going to watch Sailor Moon Crystal once Hulu catches up with the episodes :p I watched SM when I was little but only remember 2 scenes xD I can look them up and try them out though :) I have been kind of watching Naruto again, but it's on Saturday night Toonami so I'm watching the farther ahead episodes and am completely lost xD

Lord Of Storms
08-28-2014, 10:05 PM
SAO's movie really is just a compilation of the episodes, but now that season 2 is out :D oh and fairy tail kbai

Katarina
08-29-2014, 12:57 AM
where can I find season 2?? and I'm gonna watch it anyway xD I've gotten to about 107 episodes into Fairy Tail, I can only watch so many on Hulu until we can figure out how to hook the laptop up to the TV and just watch it through the website xD

venxhero
08-29-2014, 01:46 AM
Animeshow.tv is the website I go to since they're up-to-date with all popular anime (:

Luckily, it also has the complete season 1 of Fairy Tail and you just need to watch 68 more episodes then you finished! THEN you move onto Fairy Tail (2014) season 2 n-n I believe its up to episode 21 now, but tomorrow 22nd ep comes out? I gonna double check!

If you're on Shippuden for Naruto, you can also watch all of them on there! :3

Katarina
08-29-2014, 02:19 AM
Animeshow.tv is the website I go to since they're up-to-date with all popular anime (:

Luckily, it also has the complete season 1 of Fairy Til and you just need to watch 68 more episodes then you finished! THEN you move onto Fairy Tail (2014) season 2 n-n I believe its up to episode 21 now, but tomorrow 22nd ep comes out? I gonna double check!

If you're on Shippuden for Naruto, you can also watch all of them on there! :3

FAIRY TAIL SEASON 2??? I'm so out of the loop ;-; what episode does season 1 end then?? I thought there were different seasons when the opening theme songs changed?? That's how Hulu divides the episodes?

venxhero
08-29-2014, 02:34 AM
Fairy Tail Season 1 ends at 175 and Season 2 continues from there (176 which is episode 1 for 2014 Fairy Tail) :3 I hope you get what I mean xD People were so confused!

well I've been watching it on crunchyroll and they ended Season 1 at 175 and continued with Season 2 (2014) on 176 (episode 1)
so on Animeshow.tv , that's how they're doing it too (:

Katarina
08-29-2014, 02:37 AM
oooh, okay xD until we get that chord then I guess I just have to wait and see it Hulu stays caught up xD

ouji
08-29-2014, 02:42 AM
Ah anime~

Here's my list of watching; http://myanimelist.net/animelist/CandiixZombii
I got behind on a lot of series cus of personal stuff

But Love Stage!! & Bakumatsu Rock are my two favorites this season, which I guess is pretty much over now? Augh, so behind.

venxhero
08-29-2014, 03:04 AM
Alrighty! If not, you can always go to the website n-n I depend on that to watch all my current shows :3

I think Love Stage!! is currently on episode 8 and going on 9 this week I believe? 0: I try to keep myself updated while playing Pokémon AND classes xD

Katarina
08-29-2014, 03:32 AM
Ah anime~

Here's my list of watching; http://myanimelist.net/animelist/CandiixZombii
I got behind on a lot of series cus of personal stuff

But Love Stage!! & Bakumatsu Rock are my two favorites this season, which I guess is pretty much over now? Augh, so behind.

omg, so much anime xD Idk why but I have a feeling you would like Aquarion

- - - Updated - - -

Alrighty! If not, you can always go to the website n-n I depend on that to watch all my current shows :3

I think Love Stage!! is currently on episode 8 and going on 9 this week I believe? 0: I try to keep myself updated while playing Pokémon AND classes xD

I've got it saved onto my laptop :) I'll try it out once I finish SAO and Fairy Tail. I thought there was only one season of it SAO so I gotta watch the rest xD

ouji
08-29-2014, 12:45 PM
I heard of Aquarion. I think someone said it was made by the same person who did escaflowne? Yeah, I invested quite sometime in anime.

Katarina
08-29-2014, 04:14 PM
I've never heard of that one :p I finally found the Aquarion Evol, and watched the first episode and it was pretty good imo

ouji
08-29-2014, 07:48 PM
I've never heard of that one :p
Escaflowne? I'm not surprised, it wasn't all that popular I guess. And it's almost 20 years old, but it's an amazing series. Apparently the gut that created & directed Aquarion actually did make Escaflowne. So I have no doubt that it's going to be just as good as Escaflowne.

Echo
08-29-2014, 08:33 PM
Try Mushibugyou is awsome and if you like to read manga try Oumagadoki zoo.

Katarina
08-29-2014, 09:30 PM
I'll look it up when I get home :) I don't read manga, although a ton of my friends prefer it over the show

Echo
08-29-2014, 10:41 PM
in my opinion, manga is better. For exemple blue exorcist as a better story in manga and I hate the draws in fairy tail's anime in manga they are so much better.

Katarina
08-30-2014, 01:51 AM
in my opinion, manga is better. For exemple blue exorcist as a better story in manga and I hate the draws in fairy tail's anime in manga they are so much better.

Everyone says that, but I prefer to watch things rather than read them, b/c it's so much easier for me to get into it and I get more reactions watching it than I do reading it :p Another thing about anime though....if I don't like the way it's drawn, I'm not gonna watch it, b/c I'll get so OCD and won't be able to focus on the plot :l it's screwed up, I know, but that's just how I am

Cricri 5
08-30-2014, 06:53 AM
I would suggest you:
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Attack on Titans
Black Butler
A certain magical Index
Steins Gate
I really enjoy/ed them.

You really only liked Death Note and FMA? They are part of my all time favorite anime along with One Piece. I am more of a casual anime watcher/manga reader, even though I binge anime sometimes (while I breed PkMn/Wonder Trade). That being said, I would still try to watch it but know I don't know much about anime.

But whatever you do, DO NOT watch Boku no Pico. A friend in my school who is an anime lover told me to watch it. Foolishly I did not research before I decided to watch it (I really trust my friends). Some people like it, but most don't.
He is Bi, so he obviously loved it... I'm still mad at him.

I repeat DO NOT WATCH IT! I know some people won't care and they will still watch it. To them I say, at least find out what it is before watching it.

Echo
08-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Sometimes I prefer the anime, for exemple I prefer soul eater's anime than the manga but, dont get me rong I respect your opinion.

Katarina
08-30-2014, 04:14 PM
I would suggest you:
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Attack on Titans
Black Butler
A certain magical Index
Steins Gate
I really enjoy/ed them.

You really only liked Death Note and FMA? They are part of my all time favorite anime along with One Piece. I am more of a casual anime watcher/manga reader, even though I binge anime sometimes (while I breed PkMn/Wonder Trade). That being said, I would still try to watch it but know I don't know much about anime.

But whatever you do, DO NOT watch Boku no Pico. A friend in my school who is an anime lover told me to watch it. Foolishly I did not research before I decided to watch it (I really trust my friends). Some people like it, but most don't.

I repeat DO NOT WATCH IT! I know some people won't care and they will still watch it. To them I say, at least find out what it is before watching it.

omg, I have a friend who watched that and he tried to get me to watch the first episode and he just kept laughing at it. I left the room. I liked Death Note and the others but they aren't one of those anime shows that I'm like "OMG I'm missing it??" like I am with Fairy Tail and SAO :p

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes I prefer the anime, for exemple I prefer soul eater's anime than the manga but, dont get me rong I respect your opinion.

One of my friends got mad when I said I was watching Fruits Basket. She said that the manga has so much more detail and a whole other character that the anime doesn't have. I want to read the manga, but the only bookstore I could read them at is a good 30 mins away and I rarely get to go xD and my laptop only works with certain websites now b/c it's temperamental -.-

ouji
08-30-2014, 05:53 PM

Pretty sure 90% of the people that "like" it only like it ironically. The vast majority only seen it on a dare, cus supposedly its a badge of honor for hardcore otaku to actually be able to sit through the entire 3 part ova series. The subject matter of the series is something most people wouldn't like in the first place.

-----

If anyone's looking for suggestions, here's a few:
Cowboy Bebop
Attack On Titan
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Fairy Tail x Rave - For those that seen/read both of Mashima's series, Fairy Tail and Groove Adventure Rave. It's a super cute little one shot. Ans it's really nice seeing Haru & Natsu interact

Katarina
08-30-2014, 06:40 PM
the Watashi one has an insanely long name O.o had to copy and paste that into google xD it does seem entertaining though :p

ouji
08-30-2014, 07:13 PM
^ Yeah lol, most people call it Watamote for short. It's amazing hilarious, the anime has a lot of references to other anime series. The Death Note reference was my favorite xD

Katarina
08-30-2014, 07:22 PM
one anime that I thought would be really good was the Demon King Daimon or something, but the very first episode was just too inappropriate for me :/

Lord Of Storms
08-31-2014, 07:11 AM
Why would you ever watch boku no pico....... Read before watching XD that's my life lesson

Katarina
08-31-2014, 06:29 PM
I was browsing my TV channels and I found a show called Anime Shorts o.o I watched a little bit of it, but I can't remember what anime I was watching, but it was about an alien on earth and it destroyed some kind of place but no one died in the explosion, and it seemed weird o.o

Yoda
09-12-2014, 05:51 AM
Chrono crusade two words the feels I'm not gonna spoil it for ya but it's good

Layton
10-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Clannad, kat. That is all >_>

Katarina
10-10-2014, 05:03 PM
I tried finding that a few months back on Netflix and Hulu (before I got a decent enough laptop to watch it on) and all I could find was the After Story one. Now I can watch it >.>

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest you:
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Attack on Titans
Black Butler
A certain magical Index
Steins Gate
I really enjoy/ed them.

I watched the first episode of A Certain Magical Index and it was pretty good :) Definitely gonna continue watching it :3 I like anime that gets right into the action xD

Haymac
11-16-2014, 09:58 PM
I finished Steins;Gate a while ago, great in every way.

CANDO
11-16-2014, 10:30 PM
log horizon
akame ga kill
nyan koi

those are intresting ones

Katarina
11-17-2014, 12:54 AM
Log Horizon sounds a lot like SAO, but the other 2 sound really good :)

stormwalker22
01-01-2015, 04:46 AM
I have been watching Fairy Tail and just got past 175 and all the sudden the looks of all the characters seem very different. Is that supposed to happen? I am still loving the story but the looks if it make it not as good as before to me.

Katarina
01-02-2015, 01:56 AM
I don't think we're that far xD we're in "season 5" as Hulu describes. I couldn't tell you right now, but we haven't been able to watch much lately with the holidays :p

Katarina
01-15-2015, 03:21 AM
Is it the coloring? Because I noticed that was off. Porlyusica's hair was purple instead of pink, and the skin tones for everyone seemed lighter. Natsu's hair is also lighter pink...I can't really see anything different o.o

stormwalker22
01-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Later I will post some pictures of some of the characters before and after that I thought looked different, have to go to exams for now

Katarina
01-15-2015, 10:29 PM
alrighty :)

stormwalker22
01-24-2015, 09:51 PM
So I wasn't able to figure out how to take screenshots to show the differences for Fairy Tail but I got used to it anyways.

Also, I watched season 1 of SAO. I liked part 1 but had some problems in part 2, mainly the fact that Asuna was awesome in SAO and weak in part 2. Idk if I am going to watch season 2 but I have to know how it turns out with Kirito and Asuna at the very end of the entire anime so can anyone who watched it all message me?

Katarina
01-25-2015, 04:26 AM
I PM'ed you :p and the characters in the fairy tail 2014 seemed more refined than in the last one.

I didn't care for her being weak in the 2nd part either. Lightning Flash Asuna turns into caged fairy -.- There wasn't much she could do though, imo. I, mainly, didn't like how long it took her to come up with her strategies. Had all that time to think :/

stormwalker22
02-20-2015, 02:49 AM
I have now watched Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online I and II, Death Note, and Soul Eater.
On one of your earlier comments you said something about SAO movies, what are those? What do you think I should watch next? (Name a couple, I usually go through them pretty quick)

Haymac
02-21-2015, 06:21 PM
Steins;Gate. The best anime I'd seen in a while, and it's only about 25 episodes long.

Katarina
02-26-2015, 09:14 AM
the SAO movie is (as stated in a previous comment :p) just a recap of what all happened in the first season.

I also plan on watching Steins;Gate :p and I've heard a lot about it.

A website I've joined has a list of what all I've watched and plan to watch since I've been taking a break from Pokemon :p so feel free to join yourself and add me :) Someone else on this thread has a profile there, too, but I can't remember who :(. Here's my profile on it. You can just click "Anime List" and it'll show you what I've enjoyed and haven't :)

http://myanimelist.net/profile/KryptonIII

Geo Sakuraba
02-26-2015, 11:30 AM
An animr thou must watch is "Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic" its season 2 now and is really cool.

Katarina
03-01-2015, 07:51 AM
I've watched the first episode of that, but I wanna finish a few other shows before I really start on it :)

stormwalker22
03-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Started watching Steins:Gate a few days ago, getting farther into it and it is pretty cool

Haymac
03-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Started watching Steins:Gate a few days ago, getting farther into it and it is pretty cool

Yess. And it's a real head trip. I like the ones that make you think

That_Celebi__Person
08-20-2015, 02:24 PM
So I know I'm like a year late BUT D.GRAY-MAN *^* my favorite anime/manga like all time favorite :'D did you know the manga is updating by the way :D ( if you read manga >.> ) and they're also thinking of remaking the anime :D

Also if you read manga, try Akame ga kill ( the anime is good too ), kiss of the Rose princess ( the drawings *^* ) Noragami stay God, Magical girl apocalypse,I am Alice ( if your into yaoi ), he's my only vampire, & servamp

I'm more of a manga person then anime but whatever c:

Geo Sakuraba
08-20-2015, 11:45 PM
So I know I'm like a year late BUT D.GRAY-MAN *^* my favorite anime/manga like all time favorite :'D did you know the manga is updating by the way :D ( if you read manga >.> ) and they're also thinking of remaking the anime :D

Also if you read manga, try Akame ga kill ( the anime is good too ), kiss of the Rose princess ( the drawings *^* ) Noragami stay God, Magical girl apocalypse,I am Alice ( if your into yaoi ), he's my only vampire, & servamp

I'm more of a manga person then anime but whatever c:

I've heard a lot of good things about D.Gray-Man and im thinking I should watch it after this one im watching. xP

That_Celebi__Person
08-21-2015, 03:46 AM
Oh gosh you should O: ! Though it depends, if you're gonna watch it in English it drops off at the worlds suckiest point. In Japan since the anime is already completed there it gets up to 103 episodes and most likely an alternative ending I don't know cause I never watched it in Japanese :b I highly recommend the manga it's on going ^^

Geo Sakuraba
08-21-2015, 06:17 PM
Oh gosh that is a lot! I guess I know what to do when I dont feel like playing v.games and doing other stuff. xD

Guestgotapokemon
12-14-2015, 10:00 PM
Not sure if anyone said it yet, but Tokyo Ghoul, at least the manga was good. Maybe Monster Musume?

Type: Null111
12-15-2015, 07:33 PM
I'm a little late to this party too. Been stalking other Posts and I came across this one. So I'll get just get right into it.

I've watched a few anime, by few I mean alot...So here we go: My faves are (in no order) D-Gray Man / Inuyasha / Tokyo Ghoul / Fairy Tail (I'm caught up and watch it weekly) / Sword Art Online I and II / Gungrave / Yu Yu Hakshu (Currently watching it for like the 5th time this time with my fiancee whose never seen it) / Death Parade (LOVED IT SO MUCH!) / Attack on Titan / Wolf's Rain / Trigun / Mobile Suit: Gundam Seed / Ga-Rei-Zero / Fate Stay / Fate Stay: Night / Fate Stay: Unlimited Blade Works / Cowboy Beebop / Pyscho-Pass I and Pyscho-Pass II / Black Butler / Phantom: Requiem for a Phantom / Blue Exorcist / Claymore / Death Note / Ergo Proxy (Loved this one too) / Currently watching Blood Lad - It's...different. lol / Also watching weekly is: Norogami and Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign.

-ShinyQueen111