PDA

View Full Version : Lent. Yes, religious stuff

Katarina
03-05-2014, 07:33 AM
Now. Today is Ash Wednesday and I have decided to give up meat for Lent. This means no nuts, beans, cattle, poultry, anything. Now, I also can't eat fish because I can't keep it down....(bad experience at a restaurant and it all went downhill from there). In my mind, this leaves me with salads, and grilled cheeses. I will not eat tofu either. I have tried it and it was just wrong....

Will someone please help me with some other ideas for meals. I'm fine with just salads and grilled cheeses, but I would like to add more to that menu. I can eat fruit, veggies, and yogurt as snacks. But please chime in if u can :)

The Kiwi Dragon
03-05-2014, 09:41 AM
I like the idea behind lent but I've never tried because I don't think I'd be capable of surviving without meat for too long. :p
I'll be honest I can't think of anything that can help you as such, I'm afraid. :(

Pravin
03-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Beans are one thing that helped me through Lent! ^^ Since you are pretty much going to be a vegetarian for Lent since you are not able to keep down fish, and no tofu, might want to look up some vegetarian meal plans, or weekly meal plans for the long term! ^^ So instead of focusing on what you can't eat look at those since they already won't eat what you can't aside from tofu of course >.<;;; and Hello again!

Pravin
03-05-2014, 12:44 PM
What about Hummus and corn chips, you know the ones you use with salsa or with cheese dips. What doritoes use the triangle ones but with out the flavour on them just the salt.

Katarina
03-05-2014, 05:38 PM
i've never had hummus. and it really isn't that hard. it only is for me because i can't eat seafood in place of meat XD I have all kinds of things to snack on, but not much as meals. Last year, my friend's mom made spaghetti, and she just put tomato sauce on mine. It wasn't the same >.< but it was good XD Next year, I might give up junk food and sodas :) u'd be surprised what u can go without for it. Restaurants will be a hassle though....I don't even think chik-fil-a has fruit cups anymore....

Katarina
03-05-2014, 05:41 PM
plus this year, it ends on the 20th of Easter. it's only for 40 something days. one year it ended on my birthday so i couldn't have the ribs i wanted >.<